Baylor's research is finished and checked by a medical journal

Why don’t we put that list up somewhere and have a point by point discussion of what can be done and who will do it? Maybe there should be an Action forum somewhere.

1 Like

How do we check for methylation of the SRD5A2 gene? Does anyone know

1 Like

I think @Luckydevil is focusing on Accutane specifically. I am willing to interview for future videos about anyone affected by this syndrome from any drug. It will be a couple months before I can begin though.

2 Likes

@Dubya_B do you know how I could check for methylation of the SRD5A2 gene specifically?

2 Likes

Hey I’m just going by what awor and axo said.

They said it’s important but not to put all eggs in 1 basket.

You should contribute to that as well

1 Like
1 Like

Bisulfite sequencing, but it’s totally impractical for one person alone to have it done. Plus, good luck to you finding someone willing to do it. You should also consider that not all of the PFS patients in The Milan study were found to have abnormally high levels of methylation of the 5ar2 gene, so it doesn’t seem to be causative of this condition.

2 Likes

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, you would be better off to forget about it.

2 Likes

I’m looking to build up a profile to show proof of causation. Let’s say there’s proof that this gene is methylated would you propose it would useful in court or would it be thrown out before it even reaches trial

That’s the problem. Many assume that the management team here has more control or knowledge of the situation that the typical forum dweller. We’re as upset and confounded by the delay as anyone else.

2 Likes

I would be really really suprised, if baylor would show anything but for the usual high androgen receptor density…(At least anything else would blow my theory about this disease being completly neurological in origin away)…I really cant get in anyway, why high dose TRT wouldnt work (sexually), while all other androgen related symptoms just disappear (Talking about oil skin production, dry eyes symptoms, Beard growth etc…)

TRT did work for a lot, like Tigershull, BazUk, Tom8er (don’t know if i spell the names correct) and many others…

1 Like

Of course TRT works for people who have hypogonadism rather than PFS.

2 Likes

Exactly…Like every disease there are grades, and severness, and to be honest, i wouldnt call 3 guys many…I have read every single recovery story, so i know, what im talking about:)…

2 Likes

Not 3, but this three and many others…

1 Like

This thee i mentioned had PFS.

1 Like

He had low T according to his site and never recovered libido. Just said it helped his suicidal thoughts, he hasn’t been around for a long while though even after saying he’d continue to log on so since his site said he’d suicide shouldn’t we be more worried about what ultimately happened to him?

Does anyone know if he is well?

I think @Papasmurf has been in contact with him recently.

1 Like

Might have helped in short term and hurt in longer term. Might have just been placebo. Flailing about in the dark with HPA not a formula for success.

I thought the same thing as far as his suicide