Baylor study questions

Nadie sabe. El estudio empezo hace seis anos, y desde entonces no lo han publicado. Supuestamente, el estudio ya esta terminado y lo entregaron para que se publique, pero nadie sabe la verdad entera.

Mohit khera told me today that it’s been accepted for publication and will be out within 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Here we go again…

1 Like

Straight from Khera about 30 mins ago…

“Already accepted for publication. I expect the EPUB version to be out in the next couple weeks”.

Mohit Khera, MD

8 Likes

Do you know if the plan is still for a two part release?

1 Like

The abstract of one study from them is already available online

Hopefully, Khera is saying the genome expression analysis is to publish soon

3 Likes

Thanks man. Interesting stuff.

1 Like

This appears to be a summary of Khera’s presentation from the SMSNA conference last year. It’s published in a supplement to a Journal of Sexual Medicine issue.

We’ll have to wait to see what they end up publishing. I don’t think this is part one of their study because it doesn’t appear to be peer-reviewed and its not even a full page. You can see the conclusion by looking at the next section (#125).

Yes, I think I may have used too strong a word in “published”. The abstract of that publication has been available online since September 2019

Axolotl gave some clarity over the “two part” confusion here

2 Likes

sorry, im super tired right now and confused

so neither part 1 or 2 are published, but we hope that the full thing gets published in the next few weeks?

thanks a lot

@Arg1819 please take the survey as it‘s meant to help us to stimulate scientific research. Thanks

Donde se encuentra? Gracias.

1 Like

Is this the Baylor Study? https://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/penile-vascular-abnormalities-found-in-majority-of-pfs-patients-in-baylor-college-of-medicine-study/

2 Likes

Looks like to me…

That is study 1. Study 2 deals with epigenetics and has an unknown publish date.

4 Likes

Yeah, but this is published now, and for the epigenetics study will have to wait 10 years more :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Its ridiculous it took that long for that bullshit of a study to be posted makes 0 sense

6 Likes

“Since two of the PFS patients (8%) committed suicide during or after the research period, Khera suggests that “psychiatric side effects and the risks of finasteride use in patients with a history of psychiatric disorders should be investigated further…” Who said they had a history of psychiatric disorders? They did?

5 Likes

I agree this quite upsetting. Seems like he’s pointing at underlying mental illness when its not required at all for this to end someone. I guess it doesn’t help but it just sounds like things drugs companies use to justify themselves. It causes mental illness, not just amplifies whats already there.

1 Like