Baylor study delayed again

What makes you think that 1000 survey results will magically conjure up 7-figure funding?

3 Likes

To be honest, if Baylor finds nothing significant (next to Harvard), not even a million surveys will help. If that happens we can forget all about any real interest from the the medical community or any doctor to take us seriously (or a cure or whatever any of us positively expect).

3 Likes

what makes you think im promising a magical 7 figure sum?

the ā€œideaā€ is that if we get ā€œenoughā€ data, it will be powerful enough to start raising funds.

now the situation is this: if you agree and are willing to take a chance, you will contribute to reaching goals.

if you donā€™t agree, its completely fine, i just ask that you take up your own plan that you think will work better, and start working relentlessly towards it

perfect example of conspiracies right here.

no offense, but if you have a better plan, please go execute it and show us the results.

this is how achieving goals in real life works. thereā€™s no magic formula, thereā€™s only a whole lot of uncertainty.

How is it a conspiracy? We have one well-respected university (Harvard) saying thereā€™s nothing wrong with us, except maybe in our heads. If Baylor study presents similar results that support Harvard (Iā€™m not saying that it will, but if it does), what do you think will happen? Good luck with accomplishing anything with surveys on an internet forum then.

10 Likes

Thanks buddy, good luck accomplishing anything by posting conspiracies

Some of Merckā€™s senior staff went to Harvard so there is a connection between the two. Maybe some of those staff attend Harvard functions. Merck probably have recruitment arrangements with Harvard and look to attract the best students.

2 Likes

How is this conspiracy talk? He is just saying that if nothing comes out of the Baylor study, there is a high chance of nothing happening after that. Since, if nothing comes out, there would be confirmed twice, both by Harvard and Baylor, that this shit is probably ā€˜ā€˜psychosomaticā€™ā€™. A conspiracy would be saying that Baylor gets money to skew the results, but he is just making some legit statements.

8 Likes

I believe the results of Brigham but they deviated from the agreed protocolā€¦They took skin samples from the back instead areas that are rich in 5ar2ā€¦But if you read he clearly says it could be epigenetic effects causing persistent symptomsā€¦

That is what Baylor is looking from understanding so if they find no epigenetic changes then it still wont be over because melcangi will continue his workā€¦And as long as the foundation is around they will be looking to fund future studies out of the United statesā€¦

5 Likes

Dont know how realistic this is, but i would recommend to do further studies with melcangi. Co designing studies (awor or axolotl) for the University of Milan.
Because Merck cant have that much influence there.
And as you can see they have not because the studies of melcangi get published.

2 Likes

Listen, all Iā€™m saying is, conspiracy theorists and other theorizers on here would be helpful if they drew out a plan to get big funding and then executed it rather than just saying ā€œoh Idk for sure but I think xyz wont workā€

Most peopleā€™s intuition is trash. What you feel/think doesnā€™t hold much weight

1 Like

mm. So u thinking we can start getting funds with 1000 plus surveys doesnĀ“t hold much worth either, since what u think/feel doesnĀ“t really matter, as u yourself said. Everything on here is theory, donĀ“t know why it needs to get called out. Especially since itĀ“s not a conspiracy theory he was talking about. He just said if Harvard and Baylor both find nothing, there is a chance of this disease being called psychosomatic. This has nothing to do with conspiracy, and u called it a perfect example of one. You theorize just as good as this guy did, by saying with 1000 plus surveys we can start getting funds.

But, I get your point about people doing nothing and complain. I read over that. I understand that.

If Baylor finds nothing, it would just mean that research should look for new paths. For example, in my case most of the doctors are surprised by the fact that PFS has affected only one half of the penis (distal half), not all (proximal half looks quite normal). In my specific case, then, the cause of the problem seems to be related to some kind of atrophy of small penile nerves, which later produced apoptosis and venous leak (over time some nerves can recover, but the damage in the penis has already been done). Itā€™s the same as in people having a prostatectomy: their penile nerves get damaged (except that in my case, the damage was partial).
So if epigenetic theory fails, I would say the atrophy of small penile nerves would be an interesting new hypothesis to test.

And regarding conspiracies, we cannot be so naive to believe that there is no corruption in the pharma industry. In some cases, those guys are just like drug dealers but legalized by the government.
See here (and this is The Guardian, not an anti-Illuminati bizarre blog):

5 Likes

So far after my appointment with Khera and talking to him, he gave me the impression that he still donā€™t know whatā€™s going on, he gave me the impression that he still doesnā€™t know what is causing PFS.
It is hard to do a research and come to publish it without founding nothing, thatā€™s why I believe that the research had been delay.
I am sorry :slightly_frowning_face: if I drop some hope here.

For example
Maybe the problem relay on gut microbiome and Baylor study are not covering this subject.

Well if this (Baylor) turns up nothing I would have to lean towards this being an Auto-Immune Disorderā€¦

Philip said they asked for an update last week and never heard back yetā€¦

3 Likes

I got checked for auto-immune issues in my body, it turned out negativeā€¦

Yeah ainā€™t sounding good to meā€¦More of the same ol, same olā€¦I donā€™t expect anything to be announced this month now about the study and sounds as if itā€™s just gonna continue in ā€œlimboā€ā€¦

i have no hopes in any further study to be honest. pfs will never be understood. not in 100 years. cause im sure its way too complicated than we might think.

1 Like