Baylor study delayed again

Update?

Any update is always going to be who the hell knows, they donā€™t communicate anything to us

Itā€™s hard to believe this ā€œstudyā€ has been in the works for so long if you compare it with the Italian study. Someone should get in contact with Baylor to see if they can give an estimation when the study is going to be released.

1 Like

That would be pointless. As far as we know the study (or at least the first part of it) is at the peer review stage. Hence, it is beyond the control of the authors.

With regard to the Italian study, it looked at the methylation status of two genes. The Baylor study looks at about 20.000 more and performs more sophisticated analysis. It is like saying ā€žLook, the other guys have already completed their paper plane, why does your rocket to Uranus take so long?ā€œ

6 Likes

Better to focus on what we can control in the here and now.

ā€œFocus on the doughnut - not on the hole in the doughnut.ā€ - David Lynch

Focus on what you can do (eat). Not what you canā€™t (nothing).

• Get more people to complete the survey - especially Accutaners. Readers, can you help recruit people? Itā€™s a small chunk of your time towards our shared goals.
  • Join others who will appear on our YouTube soon
  • We need to obtain funds to work on the technical aspects of our website - or otherwise, donate to the PFS Foundation
  • Complete a 23AndMe report and send in to Propeciahelp.com
3 Likes

If the study is finished then why is there only a first part being released instead of the entire study, why is it broke up into parts? This study should have been done outside the grounds of the U.S were Merck & Co donā€™t have such a tight grip on the industry as I believe this study would have been released years ago. I also donā€™t believe it was a good idea to release who was carrying out the study to protect itā€™s interests. I donā€™t think people here quite understand how politics work, weā€™ll be here for another 10 years waiting for that study.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more important that the study is conducted and completed the way Awor intended it to be. Our focus is on the timescale as this is an obvious target but I feel we might be losing site of more important issues. Awor has done all he can. We are now at the mercy of Baylor and our own concerns that the study has been influenced by Merck.

1 Like

And I commend Awor for his hard work but there is thousands of us that Iā€™m sure are also willing to help- I wouldnā€™t expect one man to pull all the strings here.

Itā€™s clear we canā€™t rely on that study as key findings could have been erased as to not implicate Merck and Co- all it takes is a simple phonecall and donation to the university and you have the study withheld for decades.

If another study happens in the future it needs to be outside of the U.S and the details need to remain anonymous as to whoā€™s carrying it out. We are fighting a multi billion dollar company with substantial influence, we have to factor in every probability and be incredibly cautious. When we are digging and trying to find the mechanisms behind this disease we are really opening up a new avenue of information that can be used against them in litigation trials. You can bet your bottom dollar that they have this site firmly monitored.

2 Likes

Yes. It annoys me when people pretend that any disease that hasnt been solved is because of big pharma intervening, like @Blueryan123 is implying. What a simplistic, illogical and childish world view to hold. No its incredibly difficult to solve a disease or to even understand what causes it. Maybe get out and try to do ANYTHING yourself in the real world (even unrelated to medical research) and you will figure this out. @Blueryan123, you sound like a keyboard warrior living in his mothers basement, wrongly convinced of his own genius and insight.

But I also agree that 6 years for the first part of a study seems excessive. If it takes 6 years to complete the first part of a study we likely wont get to the bottom of this for the next 100+ years.

3 Likes

you want to help really bad? figure out how to get more surveys done.

we will get 7 figure funding for our own private studies with our own state of the art equipment with no illuminati interference if we can get 1000+ surveys done

1 Like

I told you I could fill out your paperwork, but I canā€™t answer some questions. Because I donā€™t remember. If this helps you, it is no problem.How many more people have to fill out the form?

More is better. As simple as that.

Iā€™ll find out what the best thing to do in the event of not being able to remember specifics for the survey.

2 Likes

Hi @airforlife,

Please fill out the survey and if you arenā€™t sure of any answers, use your best estimate at the answer and move on.

Thanks, filling out the survey is one of the best things you can do for yourself and everyone here.

2 Likes

no problem. I am happy to help. By the way, give your opinion on Baylor research ? What do you expect from them ?

I donā€™t know what to expect from them but looking more and more like itā€™s not going to be publishedā€¦

Now its 27 weeks. Average is 13 weeks.

Phil said he might have news this month.

3 Likes

Average peer review process is for an average paper that probably adds little to the existing body of scientific literature. Research on post-finasteride syndrome challenges the conventional wisdom so you have to expect it will encounter resistance and take longer.

2 Likes

Do the survey guys

6 Likes

Already did all the surveys and 23andmeā€¦

Hereā€™s a guy back in 15 saying Khera telling him study be outā€¦

My guess is they found a whole lot more than they bargained forā€¦They have ā€œspunā€ this with every excuse in the book as to why it keeps getting delayedā€¦Will we ever see the truthā€¦Even if it does publish now is it gonna be believed especially if it found nothing significant now?? After all this timeā€¦

3 Likes

sounds like we can only do one thing in that scenario

move on as fast as possible and get 1000 surveys done to get 7 figure funding so we can do our own tests in lightning speed without any illuminati interference

3 Likes