Balding celebrities on Propecia?

Recently, two celebs, LeBron James and Bradley Cooper, have popped up in the press as possible Propecia patients:

slate.com/articles/arts/tele … rline.html

showbizspy.com/article/25501 … -hair.html

In LeBron’s case, he IS obviously loosing his hair; in Bradley’s case, it might just be idle gossip.

Anyway, I would hope that neither of these guys (or any human being, for that matter) ever goes near Propecia.

But if they do take the risky medication and develop PFS and go public with their condition, Merck could have a PR nightmare on its hands that dwarfs what they’re currently grappling with (to say nothing of their previous pharmacological piece de resistance, Vioxx).

So if I were (perish the thought) Kenneth C. Frazier, I’d be wise to discreetly let LeBron, Bradley and any other shedding A-lister out there know that Propecia might not only put an end to their precious careers, but ruin their entire lives.

I hate to wish this upon an innocent person but if a major A list celeb got PFS it would do wonders for our cause.

So true, BP. And chances are good that at least one celeb ALREADY has PFS, but is too ashamed to come forward.

To that celeb(s), we would say, Don’t be ashamed. Please, tell your story to the world, and help save other men from the horror that is finasteride.

It’s MERCK that should be ashamed–for not manning up to the fact that it fucked up big time.

Wayne Rooney, Romario. among other athletes. of High competition.

Its in celebrities own interest who have PFS to come forward because no publicity is bad publicity for them.

And here it is, the first-ever news report of a Propecia rendering a celebrity impotent:

“Propecia made Eddie impotent!” ex-wife Brandi Glanville writes in her new memoir of TV star Eddie Cibrian, best known for playing Cole Deschanel on “Sunset Beach.” Cibrian also starred in the NBC series “The Playboy Club.”

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ … -propecia/

“Eddie had started taking Propecia, like many men, because he was concerned about hair loss,” says Glanville in “Drinking & Tweeting.”

“He had fantastic hair, but who was I to sideline his vanity?.. This particular drug had nasty side effects – including ones that happened in the bedroom.

“I knew he was concerned about his hairline, but momma needed something hard. I was not down for a limp dick and gave him an ultimatum: It was the Propecia or me!”

Once again, the world has Mr. Kenneth C. Frazier to thank for this achievement. (Or lack thereof.)

1 Like

The importance of this story going public CANNOT be understated for our cause! From the media standpoint this is huge!

Mew can we get this on the front page ASAP?? Perhaps even on the foundations website?

I never heard of Eddie Cibrian but I hope this story gets the publicity it deserves.

You could tell Cibrian’s ex-wife is just pissed off. She called Leanne Rimes a little tramp. Rimes cheated on her husband with Cibrian when both were still married. Then both got divorced and Rimes and Cibrian got engaged. Doesn’t sound like he has problems juggling two women. A bitter ex-wife is not a good source.

There are many artists and athletes worldwide and silent.

I love the discrepancy between google searches of eddie cibrian impotent/impotence versus eddie cibrian propecia. Check it out, it’s sick. That said, I guess this could help create a small amount of awareness but otherwise I feel like it most likely will just be blown off by most people as his ex has every reason to try to bury his name, including but not limited to false, or exaggerated claims.

Not saying it’s not true, as I’m sure it most likely is, but if I was an outsider looking in, I would probably only read that article and think, oh, she’s either making this up, or if it’s true, he’ll probably get better from discontinuing its use. I used to believe everything the fda said was fine, was fine. Obviously, I know better now.

Remember one thing, guys: Brandi’s allegations of Eddie’s Propecia use are contained in a new Simon and Schuster book, and Simon and Schuster is one of the world’s largest publishing houses.

So I can assure you that Simon and Schuster’s attorneys reviewed every line of the book for anything even remotely libelous. That – and that fact that Eddie declined to comment to the media about the story – makes me 99.9% sure that the story is true.

If it were NOT true, if Brandi had fabricated the story out of thin air, for revenge or whatever, you can be damn sure Eddie’s attorney would slap Simon and Schuster with an immediate cease and desist, then sue for damages.

The point here is not that the ex’s are squabbling. The point is that Propecia causes impotence, even among the rich and famous. In fact, PFS is probably MORE prevalent among the Hollywood set than among average working people. Because for men in showbiz (at least those in front of the camera), there’s more at stake in remaining young-looking.

The great Bob Fosse once recounted why he made the move from budding screen star to choreographer: because he started losing his hair.

But I’ll take Bob Fosse at my cocktail party any day over Eddie Cibrian.

Fosse had style and genius. And that counts for much more than a few strands of hair. Especially among women.

Merck Thanks for ruining the lives of men million worldwide. I’m sure there are consumers in China, Japan and throughout Asia.

1 Like

Wait until all the people who were detered from spending $80.00 a month decide to jump on the generic version

Billy crystal’s balding has been suspiciously slow. I saw a video of him where I thought he had propecia-face, or the swollen, more feminine look. Recently I also saw a video of him where he said he had no body hair.

where there’s smoke there’s generally fire…

Agreed. This broad is crazy:

she may be bitter, but she would certainly know what his “sexual” situation was like

has he commented on this?

i opened a thread about

for example u wonder how many japanese forum page u find about it if u google ポストフィナステリド症候群財団 (pfs)

when i have time i will try other language

unfortunately language barriers impede ppl to come here

there r some chinese, arabic, russian members here?

imao we need a PH main page version for the main eastern languages

Note UK soccer star Calum Best on finasteride in today’s Mancunian Matters:

“Calum admitted that he had been wary of taking hair loss treatments such as Propecia. He explained: ‘Obviously I’ve read a few stories about how Propecia can affect patients. I know only a tiny percentage suffer side effects, but I didn’t fancy taking the risk. Drugs like Propecia can halt future hair loss but it won’t help to grow new hair. The only way to keep my hair as I want it is through having hair transplants.’”

We must give Calum credit for taking a cautious, realistic approach. Hopefully more celebrities follow suit.

The full story here:

mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/1 … transplant

The latest Propecia celeb report: Bradley Cooper reportedly taking the drug.

RadarOnline writes:

“Cooper, 39, ‘has a lot of bald guys in his family, so he’s been on Propecia for a couple of years,’ the source claims. ‘And to his delight, it seems to be working.’”

The full story here:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/ … -propecia/

Please comment on the story asap.