Back From Boston

Hi guys.

I just wanted to give a friendly update that as of late last night, I am back from Boston.

To be honest, I cannot tell you how nice it was to be able to sit and talk with people who not only believe us, but actually show great interest in our condition. Personally, I have had just horrendous luck with doctors, so this was a very different experience, to say the least.

Dr. B is a very nice man with a great “bedside manner”, and he was kind enough to answer all of the questions I had for him. When the question of treatments came up, he did say that this is designed so that we may understand how to properly understand and treat the damage that has occurred. He actually laughed a bit, and while I do not recall the precise wording, he said “This is Harvard. We would not be spending any time on this if we did not expect very important findings”. I feel he was being very sincere.

I really enjoyed working Allen P. He spends a very good amount of time with you, answers any and all questions you have about what is going on to the best of his ability, and it was nice to see just how interested he is in our situation. He made the whole experience much, much easier, and I really owe him a debt of gratitude. If you can participate in the Harvard study, this is the guy you want to reach out to.

In all honesty, I was overwhelmed in dealing with what I thought all of the details would be, but as it turns out, it was much more simplistic than I thought. There is a nice hotel right up the street from the clinic called the “Inn at Longwood Medical”, and they actually offer a discount if you are involved in any way with the hospital (just tell them Brigham & Women’s). You only go for three days total, which are the first day of the study, an off day so they can go over their initial results, and then the last day of the study. So, we are not required to keep going back and forth. It is just this one time trip. Also, Allen P informed me that they are set on skin biopsies, which is a positive.

I had the pleasure of meeting the brother and sister in law of D. Stewart. They are hurting an awful lot, but they are great people and have been extremely supportive of us. While the circumstances of them coming into our lives is just plain awful, there is no doubt that our cause is greatly strengthened by having people of this type of character on our side. They are absolutely wonderful.

The single most important thing is that we get the rest of the people needed as participants. I imagine a situation where when these research studies are announced, they actually have to start turning some of us down within the first few days because they are swarmed with people wanting to participate, and they have already filled up. There are enough of us for this to happen. Please, if you have not signed up for the Harvard or Baylor studies, do so ASAP. It is a process as you all know, so the quicker we do this, the quicker we find out what we need to know so we can start properly treating our condition.

I was able to sell some personal belongings to make the trip, but I know that others might not be int he exact same position to do so. If you have any questions about financial assistance, please contact the PFS Foundation and see if they are able to make any kind of contribution to your trip. I do not have any details on this, so they will have to answer those questions.

Anyways, guys, we must get these studies completed ASAP. If the process is slow, we will lose momentum, but if we bombard them asking to participate, it will help to create the snowball effect we are looking for.

If you have any questions you think I might be able to help you with, please feel free to send me a PM and I will do my best to answer.

Thank you.

Thank you for information and partipication Len. We owe you.

Great update. Thank you so much for participating!

Len -
Thank you for participating. I know it wasn’t easy for you - but instead of making excuses, you just got it done. When we finally get this thing figured out, the first beer is on me!

Let’s do this guys - THIS is our chance…reach out to Phillip Roberts (media@pfsfoundation.org) if you need help with funding…

Thank you, but trust me, no one owes me a damn thing.

We have to finish this round of studies at Baylor and Harvard ASAP because these will give us a GIANT gain in knowledge and understanding.

You will be very happy you did it. Trust me. Lets do this thing now and get into the habit of bombarding these researchers with willing participants.

Fantastic post! I sent Allen a follow up e-mail today. Trying to get a date set.

Len, thank you for your effort, time and money spent participating. You’ve joined the ranks of guys who are truly willing to take action on this condition. Top man.

Good man Len.
It actually sounds like a refreshing experience.It sounds like it gives you a boost to be in the presence of people who care and are making proper strides to help.
All the more reason for people to go and take part.
I have talked to Allen on the phone and got screened for the normal participation as well as the MRI and I am eligible.
Unfortunately as they arnt taking people in over the weekends I can’t travel till September.I can’t afford to take time off work because i have exams in September that I have to take time off for.i need to pass them to keep my job.
He said if they haven’t got enough participants by then then I should travel then.ill defo do it if needs be in September.

Can I ask you Len please,how did you end up meeting the brother and sister in law of Dr. Stewart?
Were they visiting the studies?

Well, typically, whenever we lose one of our guys to a suicide, I always try to seek out the families to try and offer all of our condolences, but to also try to explain why their relatives would do something like that. It can be very, very tough for them to understand, and I want for people to know they should absolutely NOT blame themselves in any way. That is the most important part of it I think.

I am sorry my responses are delayed. The best way to reach me with any questions would be through a PM, and hopefully I can reply in a more timely manner that way.

Thank you.

Hey Len,

can you talk a bit more about what the doctor said about our condition and what he thinks the chances are that they will find a cause as well as treatment?

Greetings,

Paul

Hi Paul.

We did not get into percentages or odds or anything of that nature. His message to me was that they would NOT be spending even two seconds on a project like this if they were not expecting major findings. I can only assume the same applies to Baylor.

They did make it clear it would be unfair to both parties to get into specifics about what may or not work until these current studies have been completed, which makes perfect sense.

It is my understanding that these studies can help us to TRULY understand what has happened in our bodies, and that in itself will allow us to see what we need to specifically be doing/ targeting. Our issue is complex, so popping some single pill is probably not good enough. It should be precise, and once we understand what is happening, then we can get into specific treatment protocols, and this is likely what will make us better.

I am sorry my answer is vague, but the reality is the type of question you are asking will have a MUCH clearer answer once these studies have been completed, and any kind of speculation as to the specifics is pretty much pointless in a situation such as this. Also, I myself am not a medical person, so it would be pointless for me to try and explain any of this scientifically to you.

I do know for a fact that the sooner the studies are complete, the sooner we will all know what it is that we all dying to know, and we can continue conducting further research, if necessary.

Their message was extremely positive, and did not seem to be sugar coated, which is good.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Thank you.

This thread alone should motivate people to check out the studies! Excellent work Len.

I ve donated 500 dollars for lens motivating news. Will donate more future.

Good to hear that Brigham and Women’s Hospital is living up to its reputation.

So that makes two powerhouse institutions that are not the least bit intimidated by Merck:

-Harvard Medical School
-Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp.

Holy shit. That is truly appreciated, you have no idea. I know you must have worked hard for that amount of money.

I myself am in the process of trying to find new sources of income, not only for myself but so I can make more of a contribution to the Foundation, I am just trying to figure something that is right and will not crash my body.

Fuckin’ sweet dude. You just made my day.

PS

I did want to give one word of advice, if I may.

When I went to Boston, I decided to leave all of my various supplements behind, because I thought it would be best for them to see me as I really am and not hiding behind all of these supplements. I still think it was the best way for me to do this, but if there are any things that you think you might actually need, bring them just in case. I myself had horrible insomnia and slept all of three hours all at once, and had a VERY hard time keeping down regular food, if you know what I mean. My body was not happy that I took everything away cold turkey I think, but who knows.

Just make sure to make a nice plan in advance, and do bring your essentials, just in case. I am not saying to stop taking whatever it is you take to try to get through your days, but in the event you do decide to do this, just have your things handy because you may need them.

Len if you dont mind i have some questions for you?

1. which symptoms do you have? Do you have physical changes , vision problems tinnitus etc?

2. how do you meet with dr. Stewarts relatives. Are they working as voluntary here or just coincidence or someting?

3. do they inform you about progress? How many guys need to complete study or do they have some findings etc?

4. do they have ANY guess whats cause, im not talking about root cause but do they think its a brain issue, penis issur, hormone issue etc?

Good job and thanks Len!

Awesome, thanks for participating. I am also jealous. I really wish I could participate but I am ineligible due to short-term anti-depressant use. :frowning: Thank you for doing this, however, and thanks for your update!