Back From Boston

Len with people like you to inspire us, I have no doubt that we’ll find the truth and regain our health, thank you.

Hi guys. Thank you again for the kind words. It is truly appreciated. The donation from another member from this thread is appreciated beyond words, and I found it extremely uplifting.

With that being said, I deserve NO thanks, whatsoever. Direct your gratitude to those who truly deserve it, like the medical professionals conducting research, the PFS Foundation, the people helping with media and social awareness, and of course Awor and Mew.

I did notice another member on this thread mentioned they had not been placed in the research project due to past use of a certain substance. I just wanted to say, do not worry about this or find it disparaging. The reason they do this is because they have a VERY precise way they do things, and they work to make their studies 110% “bullet proof”, if that makes sense.

Everyone please stick together and continue to direct any negative feelings you have towards Merck. I know it is easy to feel very frustrated and just plain bad, but lets make sure we all work together.

If you can, PLEASE do contact Harvard and Baylor and attempt to participate in the current research. These studies are SO important, and the quicker they are completed, the quicker we can start to get our lives back. It has been a long time coming.

Thank you so much guys. I really do appreciate it.

I would like to know if these studies have had ENOUGH participants thus far. No one has contacted me again from Boston, nor from Houston after I informed them that I would remain willing to participate if they could help me with transport.

TBone…I would reach out again and try and get ahold of someone. I am pretty sure the Baylor study needs more people, and while its expensive, it can be paid for…

Contact baylorcollegeofmedicine.org/uro … ?pmid=9747

Don’t give up on contacting them…a few minutes out of your day could help us find a cure!

They need 7 more people.

I have made my appointment for Baylor. It took a couple of weeks and a few e-mails to get the appointment. I am scheduled to go next month.

Thank you, harley! Report back and good luck!

THANK YOU HARLEY!!

Guys I’m thinking about getting in on this. Problem is I took dutasteride when I was 22. Had no symptoms. At 26 I took saw P. That’s when I crashed and came down with pfs. Have been living with it for almost 4 years.

Will this make me not eligible to be in the study?

To be honest I know I have PFS regardless of what caused it, saw P or dutasteride. So I would be ok with just not telling the truth during the screening questions…

Do U guys think this is a good idea?

Answer everything with 100% honesty.

I agree 100% the last thing we need is for merck to pick holes in the study.

Ok I agree you guys are 100 hundred percent right.

I will contact them soon and go through the basic screening questions. I’m assuming I will not be eligible because of technicalities. But that’s ok because i would rather stay out of it and not help give their lawyers anything to use once this whole thing eventually blows up. Which it will someday.

Boston study is full now

Just Baylor still to fill

I took fin for years and then took dutasteride afterwards right before developing pfs. I was told that I would be ineligible for any of the studies.

That’s what I figured.

Pretty much off topic but if these studies at the very minimum results in the medical community believing that PFS is real, would people who took dustasteride or even saw P before coming down with this condition be considered to not have PFS, seeing that we did not develop the condition after taking finasteride?

I know it’s a question that is kinda stupid to even ask at this point but i have seen dumber questions on this website so I’m not worried that much. LoL

My thought is that if there ever were a “cure” figured out for pfs, it would most likely work for those who took sp and dut as well.

I think if that ever did happen, most docs know that all of these drugs pretty much have the same mechanism of action (with a few differences for dut) so they wouldn’t hesitate to prescribe if it was a medicinal cure. If not, then just tell your doctor you took fin.

Yup u knew exactly were I was going with that. Wondering if us Dut or saw palmetto people would have a difficult time getting that “cure” prescribed. Also was thinking of how it would come into play with are ability to jump on the first major law suits that start to emerge as soon as pfs is determined to be “real”.

Actually I find more on line about law suits being filed against the maker of avodart (Dutusteride) than I do merk.

salkowlaw.com/avodart-class-action/

Just back from Boston, too.

Sounds like they just need some more propecia users with no side effects, mainly. They are advertising and it seems to be picking up. I think they are getting close to completing our group in the next month or so.

Allen was good to talk to and a nice guy. He told me a larger study looks to be in the works… Phase 2. That has to be encouraging for us. Guys coming in from all over the world to take part. Maybe about a year before the study is published.

It’s going to be great when all Doctors learn that PFS exists and that day is coming.

What symptoms do you have?

I wonder if the fact that they are preparing a phase two suggests they’ve established a hypothesis from phase 1 already.