Are you willing to go public with your story?

Are you willing to go public with your story of persistent side-effects?

• I am willing to talk publicly about how PFS has affected me
  • I am concerned about my financial security and this would prevent me talking publicly
  • I am concerned about stigma surrounding sexual problems and this would prevent me talking publicly
  • I am concerned about stigma surrounding mental health problems and this would prevent me talking publicly
  • I am concerned with more than one of these factors equally and these would prevent me talking publicly
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

This is simply to find candidates for any potential news stories or documentaries. It is very important in raising awareness about this condition to tell stories of real people who had their lives ruined by one of the drugs featured on this site.

Basically, no one cares if some anonymous person was destroyed by Propecia, Accutane, or an antidepressant, but it is very stirring when it is a loving spouse, parent, or child. People who had everything to live for before taking the drug.

It is understandably difficult to break anonymity when it risks one’s career or important interpersonal relationships. Many of us have families who depend on us, or high-profile jobs where claiming to have an unrecognized medical condition that includes sexual dysfunction would ruin our credibility.

It’s a sacrifice, but one that some of us need to make. In reality, there are many of us who don’t have much to lose by going public, myself included. If it’s embarrassing, so what! It’s better than this condition remaining in the shadows forever.

If you are willing to step forward, please let it be known.

Don’t feel pressured to say you are if you have strong reservations about actually following through.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah

3 Likes

Many apologies to those who already voted. The topic had to be recreated to add more specificity to the poll and the previous poll was lost

In France most people go anonymous. The UK has some cases of people going public like Paul Innes… There has been a big focus in France just before I crashed in spring and many people did not want to be seen. The real game changer would be a celebrity being afflicted by PFS and that would go public. It is still difficult to raise awareness around PFS nowadays…

2 Likes

No doubt a celebrity coming out with this condition would be a turning event, but enough regular folk would still have a huge impact.

We can’t sit back and wait for an A-lister to say they have PSSD or whatever.

There was once an American actor who claimed Accutane ruined his career, but his only complaint was the drug causing IBD.

2 Likes

I can see in France it is just about to budge. Still, when you look for info online about fin, it is not always clear cut. The HT industry also needs to cut the crap on pushing the drug and labelling it as “safe”.
Another thing to take into account: side effects can strike ANYTIME. Too many people feel they are safe after a couple of months with SE. I was one of those… When I realised I was fucked, it was too late.
There are so many people on it worldwide, it is potential major pharma scandal.

3 Likes