Are our symptoms due to a chroic infection?

youtube.com/watch?v=VI0_azQv6N8

This explains some of the symptoms of mold exposure from the environment. I believe in our cases or at least mine we have an internal infection hence even in a clean environment we have symptoms and never recover.

vincentv,

Has been some years in this forum, and I remember you a few years ago posting here. How are you dealing with this PFS so far?

cheers

Getting worse as time went on. My PFS was not too bad in the first year now I am in a bad state with liver pain, head pain and yellow stools. This makes me look for other things specially considering low platelets and increase in eosiniphils since I crashed.

The side effects most experience here can not be explained by purely hormonal changes. Looking at hormones seems to be a waste of time. The problem is MUCH deeper than that. Some how the drug put us in a chronic inflammatory state probably via chronic infections which our body can not overcome.

1 Like

I’m not sure but don’t stop trying. I was eating lots of fermented foods, up to 1 whole jar of sauerkraut a day in some cases out of impatience, which is too much of course because of the sodium content. I had a strange hunger for it, maybe it was the addictive salt, maybe I was frustrated from being sick and impatient for a partial cure, maybe it was one of the only foods that didn’t make me feel instantly bloated and sluggish. I was avoiding grains, milk, bread, and meat 95% of the time. I was taking glutamine powder on an empty stomach. And I still had digestive problems. 6 months ago I couldn’t eat a piece of cheese or greens including sauerkraut or even couple vitamin capsules without getting gut-depression and feeling ill. I went to the bathroom to poop sometimes 5 or more times a day, once or twice before noon, a couple times in the afternoon, and once or twice after dark. Eventually my stomach improved, I wouldn’t say I’m perfect but I ate fast food as an experiment and feel fine. Just because you don’t see instant results doesn’t mean you’re not recovering.

Interestingly finasteride inhibited candida-

So what does it do the the other fungus in the body? I wonder if this could lead to a kind of fungal disbyosis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4187923/

In Vitro Analysis of Finasteride Activity against Candida albicans Urinary Biofilm Formation and Filamentation
Alba A. Chavez-Dozal,a,b Livia Lown,b Maximillian Jahng,a Carla J. Walraven,c and Samuel A. Leecorresponding authora,b
Author information â–ș Article notes â–ș Copyright and License information â–ș
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:
Abstract

Candida albicans is the 3rd most common cause of catheter-associated urinary tract infections, with a strong propensity to form drug-resistant catheter-related biofilms. Due to the limited efficacy of available antifungals against biofilms, drug repurposing has been investigated in order to identify novel agents with activities against fungal biofilms. Finasteride is a 5-α-reductase inhibitor commonly used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, with activity against human type II and III isoenzymes. We analyzed the Candida Genome Database and identified a C. albicans homolog of type III 5-α-reductase, Dfg10p, which shares 27% sequence identity and 41% similarity to the human type III 5-α-reductase. Thus, we investigated finasteride for activity against C. albicans urinary biofilms, alone and in combination with amphotericin B or fluconazole. Finasteride alone was highly effective in the prevention of C. albicans biofilm formation at doses of ≄16 mg/liter and the treatment of preformed biofilms at doses of ≄128 mg/liter. In biofilm checkerboard analyses, finasteride exhibited synergistic activity in the prevention of biofilm formation in a combination of 4 mg/liter finasteride with 2 mg/liter fluconazole. Finasteride inhibited filamentation, thus suggesting a potential mechanism of action. These results indicate that finasteride alone is highly active in the prevention of C. albicans urinary biofilms in vitro and has synergistic activity in combination with fluconazole. Further investigation of the clinical utility of finasteride in the prevention of urinary candidiasis is warranted.

For those who thinking this is homonal

What hormone causes
Muscle twitches
Low d3
Digestion changes
loss of libido
Darkness under eyes
Axniety
Emotional blunting
memory loss
suicidal ideation
low body temp
freequent urination
etc

I do not think any hormone can do this. Transgenders take all kinds of hormones and they do not get PFS from those hormonal changes. This is far deeper than just hormones.

1 Like

Why have so many guys who have PFS had asthma in their life? The connection between asthma and mold is very strong. Some studys show the more damp the house is the worse the asthma symptoms are.

Perhaps it shows an inability to effectively deal with mold?

Here is a guy who took one pill and has side effects. Notice how crazy red his tonsil pillars are. Maybe he had this before fin but it seems to a big indicator of chronic immune system activation.

Good point.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6060&p=50682&hilit=ige#p50682

Almost all who tested have high IgE.

I believe this is now due to a fungal infection. Parasites can cause it too but in this case I think it is fungal related. This goes along with the high prevalence of previous or current asthma in PFS sufferers. If you read the reasearch there is a huge association between fungal sensitivity and fungal infections in asthma. If it was a parasite causing high IgE we would have found it by now I think.

I searched for more IgE results. I think around 7 had high levels and 2 had normal levels. In my case I had normal eosinophils before PFS and around when I got PFS it must have gone up. Hard to know what to think about those who do not have high IgE but have bad symptoms.

What treatment are you going to try? :smiling_imp:

Step one for me is resolving the redness in my mouth and pain in my face which now I believe is due to an issue in the sinus. I worked on wisdom tooth holes and that did not resolve it, so I believe something bad is going on in the sinus. No idea how long it has been there. Possibly since wisdom tooth removal.

Here is more evidence.

This guy has almost our exact symptoms. He never took fin or saw palmetto.

peaktestosterone.com/forum/i 
 ic=12331.0

He got sick and took some antibiotics then developed what seems almost exactly like PFS. How is this possible?

He has had problems for a year and even his t is high he has zero libido.

1 Like

This guy recovered for a year and now thinks he is relapsing.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11663&p=105951#p105951

He has not taken any more fin etc?

How to explain this?

Another case is italysideeffect he was using these forums years back then disappeared cause he felt a lot better. Now he is back again after taking something to try to help him get to 100%.

How do we explain the stories of people getting much worse for years after they quit? If it was just a hormonal change we should be pretty stable and not get drastically worse with time. In fact you would think with time we would slowly recover as the body repairs itself.

Vincentv can you please give the link of the posts of this guy italysideefect??

Thank you so much.

To add another very important note to this thread.

JG who reported to recover to 99% for a number of years crashed after taking dexamethasone.

We know dexamethasone is extremely immuno suppressive. You can find many stories of people taking these kinds of drugs and crashing. If people have a current infection like a fugal infection taking these drugs can kill them.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=974&start=40

“the fact that it happened right after I took 3 pills of Dectancyl (DexamĂ©thasone)”

I do not see how what I have posted can be explained apart from by some kind of chronic infection in the body. Maybe fin does change something in the body allowing such infections to thrive. Women get more thrush with the birth control pill etc. Maybe we had an infection in our body before fin and fin let it go wild by some how affecting the immune system?

I suspect this is the same reason why I got suddenly worse in 2015 after I ate food poisoned with plastic for 3 days then did an xray. But I was getting worse slowly before those few days but up till the xray was still ok, after the worse crash in my life happened. Worse than my PFS crash. Now my head has hurt for 2 years and is only getting worse.In the last few months my liver enzymes have also gone up and my liver hurts. My stool is also smelling worse, like some kind of toxic chemical? Hydrogen sulfide maybe? Strange thing is I have seen 3 infectious disease drs and they can not find much apart from blastocystis. No one can explain the redness in my mouth, the best suggestion was that it was fungus in the sinus. Perhaps it is not so much an infection but a colonization. This could explain why it is very hard to detect.

Interestingly this study shows there is a correlation between nasal polyps and anxiety. In 2006 before I took fin I had a very busy period at work, at this time I started waking up with nausea and I would say looking back now some physical anxiety for no reason at all. I believe there was a study which stated 50% of PFS guys had reported anxiety at some stage prior to taking fin. Could this show an existing infection?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15952681