Any member here recovered after having long-term side-effects?

Neurological: I had severe anxiety, depression, brain fog, speech slur, problem solving no so complex problems. It was 80% gone after a few days in the diet.

Physical: I had severe headaches most of the time, muscle weakness: couldn’t stand up for long, couldn’t climb two flights of stairs etc… I had stomach ache, acid re-flux and food wouldn’t go down, it would stay in my stomach. It went away after 7-10 days
I had burning eyes and burning lips. For the eyes, I had to clean them with water many times a day and I kept my lips covered with Vaseline 24/7. 18 months in the diet, the eyes are normal 99.9% of the times and the lips are slightly dry after brushing my teeth. I just recently stopped using Vaseline.

Various inflammation: Joint pain, sinusitis, was bruising easily, cracking joints: went away within a month.

Sexual sides: total lack of libido, zero attractiveness to women, no morning woods, I don’t know if I had erectile dysfunction as I didn’t masturbate or had sex without sex drive. I didn’t feel like it so I just didn’t try.
It took longer. 3 months in the diet, it started to improve. I started having sex again but had weak erections and low sensibility. I was unable to finish. I also had my balls hurting all the time from the moment I crashed and it went down until at 9 months, I rarely felt it.
Sexual sides took much longer to reside. I’m 20 months in the diet (although I changed from ketogenic / carnivore to very low carbs) and everything is pretty much normal. I think my sex drive is still low, but it’s good enough to act normally. Sensitivity might be still a little lower than before. Those two I don’t mind, it makes me more independent from women and I last longer while having sex.

Insomnia went from sleeping just a 2-3 hours despite taking heavy meds and spending the rest of the night between wakefulness and weird dreams, but barely dreaming, more like in between thinking and dreaming. I would toss and turn a lots and be pretty useless the next day: demotivated, tired and procrastinating.
Now I sleep 5-6 solid hours, wake up all of a sudden, have a salty cracker or two and can sleep again the rest of the night, waking up often. It does keep me from tossing and turning.
I also take 5-6 tbsp of oatmeal (with water, microwaved to a thick paste) before bedtime. I do this to produce insulin and decrease cortisol. Same with the crackers. I think I wake up because of a cortisol spike (or nor-epinephrine spike if I have adrenal fatigue, I don’t know) but taking low glycemic index carbs elevate insulin and lowers cortisol and or nor epinephrine and I can rest again.

It is possible to stay in ketosis with 5 tbsp of rolled oat and 1 cracker a day if you don’t have any other carbs the rest of the day. For this, I was eating only meat and either a little lettuce or spinach.
Right now I’m still fat adapted but I will get more ketogenic soon as I will most likely have to fight a nasty virus soon (I live in Asia). I think I read somewhere Ketogenic diet cut by almost half the effects of pneumonia. It also boosts the immune system.

So that’s about it. The effect of the diet was so sharp and fast for some of the symptoms that it’d be hard for me to not see it’s related. I hear it doesn’t work for everyone so I wish you the best of luck with it.
(beware of the ketoflu. Get some info before starting. It’s not an easy ride to get on, but once you’re in, there’s wonderful benefits IMO…)

1 Like

Wow @Ozeph thx for the reply! These are in fact encouraging developments! however I hope you can heal quickly from the virus, which hasnt corona!

I’m on keto diet now since 3 weeks, and I do see also cognitive improvements which are the most significant improvements, but I’m in a very early stage of PFS (since 5 weeks) and I’m sure I need more time for tackle further sympthoms like short sleep (up to 6 hours the most, than only short sleep backs after. And there is of course the anxiety and depression of the unknown where this fckin PFS will lead me).
I had also dry eyes with blurred vision, but it has improved since the last days, bit more wet eyes and sharper vision. I bet its the keto diets benefit.

Still there are 3 physical sides that are very ennoying:

• I can’t have a lean face i had before, my skin feels rubbery and pale.
  • Also my lower abdomens keep being a little rounded, despite the strict diet. I hope I’ll be able to lose these sides with keto, and my newly started workouts at the gym.
  • my sexual sides are less sex drive, but I can have almost full erection, but with only watery ejacuation and less pleasure.

Do you think these 3 sympthoms of mine can improve by long-term on keto?
Thanks man!

In my opinion these 3 symtoms can improve, and they did for me.

I also started the diet soon after the crash. I believe the sooner the better as this diet promotes epigenetic repair according to science articles I’ve read. Don’t forget to be hungry. Don’t eat as soon as you feel slightly hungry. Intermitent fasting is good and easy on keto. It heals more damage.

The skin is one of the things that improves greatly with this diet, for normal people anyway.but it improved for me too.

The sex sides should take longer: 3 to 9 months.
but I believe going into this diet early will prevent further damage and things will improve.

As for the belly, I was so bloated that looking the side of my body in the mirror, I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I never had such a big belly all my life.

I’ll try to post a picture of how I look now.

I sincerely think you’re going to be Ok. Just give it time.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Wow @Ozeph you are perhaps one of the most encouraging man around here! Excellent physical shape, just like a healthy man!
Great to read, you gonna be my mentor in my fight on PFS i think :smiley: As i already wrote, your posts made me to start keto diet right after my crash. I definately had benefits from it already, since my brain fog was gone in my 2nd-3rd week of keto. I will strictly keep with it for many months. I have to admit that i have 2 cheats though: sometimes dark chocolate (over 90% which I’ve read was keto-friendly) and I do drink dry white wine on the weekends. I just can’t give up drinking some because this syndrome.
I’ll first see an endocrinologist professor tomorrow since PFS. I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Wasn’t it vitamin A that led to a lot of your improvement?

1 Like

I might not be a credible member. I’m not sure.

I think I’ve been cured. But I also only experience severe panic attacks while on the drug and after coming off it. No sexual distinction at all.

1 Like

mens rea, moonchild top of my head. Pretty sure I could get you 20+ names pretty easily

2 Likes

I think you’re credible. Some people don’t experience the full range of symptoms or are only affected in certain domains. Many recover during the first 6-months to year after stopping too.

Going to change the title of this topic to better reflect the question being asked.

We have also recently instated a rule meant to encourage Member Stories from regular forum participants so that the rest of the members know what side-effects they had and for how long.

This isn’t meant to be strictly or strongly enforced but fits-in with the idea that the regular forum participants who claim recovery or ask for advice owe it to the other members to thoroughly describe their experience with this condition.

1 Like

Cool. Well the thing that cured me is in my story I remember writing when I first joined this site. Essentially aggressive boxing or BJJ. Or even just punching and kicking the air for like two minutes.

Vitamin A triggered a sharp rise in sensitivity. This symptom alone. However, it was so sharp and fast, I really think that’s what has done it. I don’t think it was vitamin A alone, I just think it came at the right time and in certainly in combination with some unknown factors…

Vitamin A has made some people worst and, really, if it was that simple we would have found it by now.
Be careful with it.

I’m always available if you have questions. Just PM me.

1 Like

Balogna

Guys, I posted already everything that I did and I recommend, in top that I was been called a liar.
I came back to reaffirm that at this point no more seat back in my life in other words I am totally recovered in all meaning, erection strength, libido, sensation, mood.
For that one to ask about penis shrinkage I never noticed that I have it.
Message to all:
Recovery is possible for all of you guys.
Beside of what I recommend, I want to add something else:
-Eat variety of vegetables and fruits ( it will improve and make more diverse the gut microbiota composition ).

Saludos

6 Likes

I will have to look up what Moonchild did, but of everything I have seen over my many years here, Ozeph’s approach looks the most promising. I would even say his approach is the best option we’ve got right now. Most people want to pop herbs and hormones, I guess because it is easy and because many have a simple minded and incorrect notion that our problem is simply that we need more testosterone or DHT or something, but I haven’t actually seen anyone benefit from any of that and have seen many get worse.

@Yusef Except for your comment on your own health, everything else in the post is speculation.

1 Like

I have not recovered after seven years. However I do have two slight improvements to mention.

1. After orgasm, I no longer experience deep physical and mental exhaustion for 24-36 hours. Last fall I was having sex regularly with a girl, and the exhaustion would happen every time (I would be wrecked if I had to work the next day). It also came with dark circles under my eyes – I looked like crap.

Now that I am not seeing her, I’m having less frequent orgasms so maybe this is the reason my body doesn’t crash after orgasm: it has more of a cushion to recover afterwards (a hypothesis).

2. Erections are more solid and full. I still don’t have the “visual lust” and libido back, but once aroused the organ is in good form.

For years I’ve taken an anti-depressant at a low dose (well before PFS) and am now starting to taper off of it. That may lead to further improvements.

Which antidepressant?

I believe @braziliandude recovered, he is a long term member

I am back to keep posting my recovery.
I still 100% recovered, more than happy than ever, not seat back since long time ago.
Now I am here to warning you guys to protect yourself as much than you can from COVID-19 this a true killer.
Good luck to all.

7 Likes