Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

Taurine is really helpful for brain fog/fatigue for me but I have to cycle it otherwise it loses its effectiveness

1 Like

Thanks. Thatā€™s nice !

I see no use in cycling amino acids as they are basically food. But for me, some of them are better taken occasionally and some regularly.

I use L-Taurine occasionally to mellow down when Iā€™m stressed. If I take it before sleep I get a bad night. It doesnā€™t mix well with what Iā€™m taking at bedtime and I bet itā€™s the benzodiazepine.

I use L- Theanine occasionally when having anxiety.

I did use L-Arginine, L-Arginine AKG, L-Citrulline and L-Ornithine occasionally to either get better erections, sleep better, or have better sport performance. Just plain L-Arginine does the job.

Ironically, I named this thread on Amino acids but after trying most of the ones used as supplements, I only stick to 5-HTP 100 mg, L-Tyrosine 750 mg and L-Dopa 350 mg. I think I could be fine with only those 3 plus vitamin D and Magnesium if I continue on my diet. The rest is extra vitamins and minerals. I take them, maybe in excess, but the body flushes the extra. (That is not so true for the fatty vitamins like A, D, E, and K. But it depends on your body fat. Iā€™m at 12% and cycle through my fat regularly so itā€™s not an issue for me)

Technically, 5-HTP is not an amino but a metabolite of the amino L-Tryptophan. Itā€™s beneficial to me but dangerous if you take SSRI or St-Johnā€™s Worth as 5-HTP changes into serotonin and both of the later diminish your ability to flush extra serotonin. L-Tryptophan 1000 mg is a safer alternative if flushing serotonin is an issue, as I believe it only transform into 5-HTP and then serotonin as needed. I personally get better results on 5-HTP but you can try both, see how you feel.

I read L-Dopa needs to be stopped for a week every 2 years to gain back itā€™s effectiveness.

L-Tyrosine transform into Dopamine but does more than that.

I use all 3 for mind clarity, confidence, motivation and to protect against depression, lack of assertiveness and procrastination.

Very low carbs, Ketogenic / carnivore diet raises mind clarity and boosts energy. Again, for me, this diet is 5 times more efficient than the easy pill popping of amino acids.

Easy choices, hard life, hard choices, easy life. I suggest to be hard on yourself, but not to the breaking point, have rigor, discipline and thrive on accomplishments. It brings purpose to my life and true satisfaction and doing that while being sick makes me even more proud. I think hedonism (the search of pleasure) is shallow and nothing to be proud of.

1 Like

I see.
How often do you take and cycle?
How long does its effect last?

thanks a lot!
I am surprised at the number of carbs.
I will be restricted to eat so rigid.
As I look into GABA system,my symptoms seems to be linked to it.I am inclined to add taurine.
Is magnesium,which I watched somewhere, effective to bodies?
By the way,do you think a cycling of testosterone boosters is needed?
If money allows,I will try.

Yes, I eat very low carbs. I tried zero carbs and itā€™s actually not as good. Apparently, Tryptophan needs an insulin spike to get into the brain. The insulin clears the path by not allowing other aminos to get in, so tryptophan can get in.

And as tryptophan changes into serotonin which changes into melatonin, a little carbs, like 10 gr in the evening can actually help me sleep.

So Iā€™m retracting my previous statements about carbs: the lower the better. Too low is not great.

Try Taurine and Magnesium. If it feels good, incorporate it in your daily routine. I did it for magnesium, but not for Taurine which I only take occasionally.

As for sexual herbs, it depends on your sexual sides. If theyā€™re bad and you really care about sex, than take them, if not than they are not necessary.

All my sexual sides started getting better 6-12 months in the diet. I believe the herbs helped. But than again, I donā€™t care much if I have a low sex drive. I kinda find it convenient to not think about women and concentrate on my own things, recovery being one of them.

1 Like

I cycle it the first week of each month it lasts for about a week and a half then I have to get off once I notice the effect is gone I use 2-3 capsules a day for that time period.

How many milligram is a capsule ?

1000mg by nutricost I got 400 capsules for $13 dollars on eBay.

So 2-3000 mg a day. That would really make me mellow, almost stone.

What benefits you get from it ? Reduced anxiety ? Less brain fog ?

Less brain fog and fatigue really helps me personally so Iā€™m sticking to it

How much taurine do you take personally?

1000 mg, late afternoon to cool down and be less hyper before sleep.

But not before bedtime as it prevents me from sleeping.

2 Likes

then,what should I eat when I am hungry?Most food have some carbsā€¦
OK. I will try a few magnesium.
well,do testosterone boosters have no effects on except sexual symptoms?
I also have had sexual problems,but now I donā€™tcare about.I want to put mental and physical problems above that.

Is it effective to you many times?
I wonder if cycling always leads to reset the effect of taurine itself.

Lol. Yes indeed, most food have carbs. You have to google stuff. Itā€™s a learning curve.

Unprocessed meat ghee and butter have zero carbs, cheese have very low carbs, most leafy greens have very low carbs and so does zuchinnis, cucumbers and eggplant. Tomatoes are fairly low, broccoli also, but carrots beets and potatoes, actually all roots are out. So are all grains and cereals, legumes and fruits except for a few berries which are sour and low carbs.

Grilled hamburger patties with cheddar cheese and bacon, with a side dish of lettuce tomatoes and cucumber sprinkled with lemon juice and salt is an example for a meal.

I donā€™t think sex herbs will help the brain. Maybe Ashwagandha as it boosts both the brain and sex driveā€¦

The diet helps mind, physical and sex. Note that I have muscle waste of the muscles Iā€™m not training. But because the diet gives me the energy to train, I can prevent that. Iā€™ve been lazy on the legs so now I will need more leg exercise.

L-Tyrosine 750 mg, L-Dopa 350 mg and 5-HTP 100 mg helps me with mind clarity. If you try, go easy at first.

Iā€™ve used it for around 5-6 months now and itā€™s effective every time but the effect only lasts one week so I come off so I donā€™t build a tolerance to it. After a week of using it I start fading back to my baseline, more brain fog/fatigue.

thanks!
What I found here is very hopeful for me. I regret to see arginine or citrulline have no effects to me. I will try for a few scope.If there is still no effect,Iā€™ll stop these.Maybe this cycle lasts. I wish I would find a super effective supplement to me!
Anyway, Iā€™m trying diet.
well,what about palao diet?perhaps included cdnuts protocolā€¦

How long do you stop taking it?
by a week?

cdnuts was doing paleo diet, exercise and cycling herbs. itā€™s good, but in my opinion, paleo diet has way too much carbs for pfs guys like us. We are not paleolithic men, we are sick, pfs paleolithic men. I believe we need to restrict carbs more than the paleo diet does. But not everyone is the same. See what fits you.

Also juicing is not natural. Thereā€™s no way paleolithic men were juicing. If weā€™re to eat carbs, we need at least to eat it with the fibers that comes with it. thatā€™s what juicing removes.

But paleo is better than McDonalds.

I use it for 7 days straight no breaks then come off no tapering or anything I seemed to start going back to my PFS baseline by that time.