Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

I’ve been trying Taurine 1000 mg in the morning for 3 weeks now. It really puts me in a mellow, yet active mood. I’m happier, I’m singing songs in my head. It especially shows in lower stress levels.

Taurine promotes GABA and therefore decrease Glutamate.

1 Like

Thanks for relating the history, I really appreciate all you’ve put into this thread. Do your sexual symptoms correlate with your diet as directly and immediately as your other symptoms, or have they generally been more unpredictable? Also, do you think the Xanax was part of your problem or do you attribute things primarily to PFS? It sounds like the sexual symptoms took something like 6-9 months to improve very substantially?

All sexual symptoms are slower to react either to the diet, or to cheating it. And correct, it took 6-9 months of dieting for them to improve substantially.

And no, Xanax did not give me those symptoms. It’s a by the book crash, 1 month after taking fin for 20 years, with typical symptoms from the list.

1 Like

How much better would you say carnivore diet has been than keto alone?

I wish that paper you shared didn’t pretty much rule out protein powder. I love protein powder and steak-worthy (ie, convenient to cook) beef is really hard to come by/expensive where I live. People here mostly eat pork and sometimes chicken.

I never did ketogenic alone per say. It has lots of plants and lots of 5ar inhibitors, phyto estrogen and stuff you want to avoid. I think ketogenic can be done, but you have to research all you’re going to eat and be careful about high levels of Glutamate, Glutamine and Glutamic acid.

Pork is fine though. It’s a bit harder to digest than beef but proteins are well assimilated and it’s got lots of saturated fat. Free range chicken, not fed with soy, is fine. But caged chicken fed with soy is the same as eating soy. (which to me always makes me sick).

Fat ground pork would be cheaper than lean one, and actually better for this type of diet. Cook it in pork fat with some leafy vegetable that has low carbs and you should be good. Beware the spices. Turmeric contains curcumin with is an 5ar inhibitor. You can crash on it. Again, you have to do lots of research if you eat something else than meat.

Protein powders has lots of Glutamine and Cysteine. If you have problem sleeping or anxiety, it will make it worst. Pork liver is also to avoid for its high content of the same two amino acid. I love the protein powders too but can’t take it.

And she basically rules out artificial sweeteners, which protein powders are full of. I guess what I am going to do for now is follow a keto meal plan for a while as a transition, use beef protein powder instead of milk protein powder, see how I do. Perhaps eventually I’ll know what the best overall balance between normality and benefits is. Full carnivore would definitely have social not to mention enjoyment of food consequences. But maybe something less extreme would give me adequate benefit. Interesting stuff. Have been particularly surprised, now having done some reading, how complete nutrition you can actually get just from meat. I always thought vegetables were absolutely necessary.

Looks like Stevia is nearly completely safe, Swerve should also be safe, aspartame should be avoided at all costs, and Sucralose might be in gray area with respect to GABA.

I’m going to go ahead with my order of taurine and some beef powder (that’s sweetened with sucralose like they all are) for now, but going to look further for protein powders that use Stevia instead for future purchases. For some reason I’m more optimistic about the prospects of positive results from this keto/carnivore diet + elimination of excitotoxins than I have been about anything else for a long time.

1 Like

Day 180 of Amino Acids and Day 313 or carnivore / ketogenic diet.

Well, nothing like testing for knowing. Yesterday, I had only steaks all day. I should have slept well. But before sleep, I took 3 slices of Monetery Jack and 1 tbsp of almonds, both high in Glutamic acid and cystein, all excitotoxins.

My sleep was 3/10. The night was long again…

So a month ago, I had 5 weeks of 8-9 / 10 nights and since I took Collagen peptide 10gr a day and antibiotics (then probiotics) my sleep is destroyed. That was the equivalent of taking 3.4gr of Glycine / Glutamic acid a day.

After doing much research, I’m going to do the following to decrease Glutamate (which I believe the almond and cheese test proved to be the culprit) and increase GAD and GABA.

I’ll do the following:

• L-Arginine 500 mg and L-Ornithine 500mg in the hope of clearing up ammonia and getting more Glutamic acid transformed in Ammonia.

• I already take Taurine 1000mg first thing in the morning, I’ll take a second 1000mg dose with my 5pm 5-HTP / L-Tyrosine / L-DOPA. Taurine has a similar effect to GABA and protects the brain against toxic levels of glutamate. Plus, it increases GABA production.

• I’ll increase Magnesium to 800mg a day. This will be temporary.

• I’ll increase B-6 as it is a co-factor, with GAD, to GABA production.

• I’ll increase water intake. It helps in eliminating toxins, including MSG and Ammonia.

• I’ll decrease high calcium food

• I’ll try to stop coffee (Too bad ! I enjoy it.)

• I’ll stop cheese and almonds

• I’ll lower sodium a bit.

• I’ll snack on 2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil.

• I’ll cut the small doses of vitamin B3 before sleep.

That should all do the job, but I’ll be temporary. The only thing I might keep is Taurine. All my life I’ve shown signs of high Glutamic acid activity and Taurine has shown to increase longevity. It’s time I relax and stop being a high roller. What good is having a high income if you’re dead !

Day 182 of Amino Acids and Day 315 or carnivore / ketogenic diet.

Sleep 3.5/10 last night. I may have had 2 hours of deep sleep, the rest of the night I tossed around so much I woke with my blanket and bed sheet all messed up.

So if the new things I’m doing don’t work, the logical thing is to go back to what I was doing when my sleep was 8-9/10 for 5 weeks. That was before I made myself worst by one of more of those three: Collagen Peptides 10gr a day, strong antibiotics followed by probiotics.

So during those 5 weeks, I started skipping some vitamins and supplements. That’s what I’ll try now: 36 hours of no supplements at all. Lets see what happens.

Hey Ozeph here’s a link to the thread where someone got “cured” by lithium.

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2262&hilit=Lithium

2 Likes

If our root problem is the same, how the hell people can cure themselves with this wide range of substances! Lithium, Taurine, Tribulus, Proviron, taking Fin again to recover?? Anyways, i know nobody knows the answer.

I’m thinking of lithium for eliminating Glutamate, along with Iodine and Boron… I’ll do some research on that. Thanks.

The root problem made an imbalance in our system. Because we’re all different, our bodies coped in a different way to recreate a new balance that is more or less unique to each of us, within a certain range of commonality.

If ever we find a cure, it’s more likely going to be a multiple approach cure that has to be configurated for each individual.

2 Likes

Lol. Lithium is sold over the counter in Thailand. It’s made locally and will most probably cost like 2$ for 10 pills. I’ll consider it in conjunction with the other minerals.

1 Like

In addition to Lithium, I am also looking at LDN, because of its potential to increase gabaergic activity as well as increase ALLO. Fortunately, both are very inexpensive.

1 Like

What’s LDN ?

Low dose naltrexone

1 Like

The problem is we don’t know if these people cured themselves using the supplements or if they just got better regardless of what substances they consumed and they just say the supplements they took did it.

I will sat that Tribulus does in fact raise testosterone. I took a bloodtest and it raised about 300ng/dl from my original none boosted baseline.

Boosting androgens don’t work for me. How did it go for you?

Maybe it’s both. I stopped all supplements except a few vitamins and minerals to lower Glutamate and increase GABA. I’m still pretty much normal.

Sleep is at 5.5/10 which means I wake up a lot but it’s good enough to have to good day, sex drive is a little low and sensibility has lowered a bit. Sex went down 25% (although sex is not a priority for me)

I think many supplements makes people worst. some improve the symptoms and time is the healer. At one point, supplements become unnecessary when the symptoms are gone naturally.