Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

Not sure if you’re asking me but if so I’ve had it since 2013/14

I’ve been on clonazepam 4.5mg a day, single dose at bedtime, for a year. I will stop today and try to prevent withdrawal symptoms by following this protocole:

1mg clonazepam and 300 mg Gabapentin before bedtime for the first night, then 300 mg Gabapentin every 8 hours.

Second and third night will be 0.5mg clonazepam and 300 mg Gabapentin before bedtime, then 300 mg Gabapentin every 8 hours.

Fourth and fifth night will be 0.25mg clonazepam and 300 mg Gabapentin before bedtime, then 300 mg Gabapentin every 8 hours.

Then I will stop clonazepam and take Gabapentin every 8 hours for 9 days.

I may (and probably will, 4.5 mg is a lot to detox from) Increase Gabapentin to 450 mg every 8 hours if I have symptoms of withdrawal. I can also take 0.25mg Clonazepam as needed during the process if cravings are too strong.

I’ll see if Pregabalin does better afterward. It’s very similar to Gabapentin and can be switched overnight.

Is there any way at all to measure our GABA and Glutamate or the balance?

Pregablin is Lyrica right?

FYI there is an antibody test for GAD antibodies. Mayo Paraneoplastic Panel. Your neurologist can order this and the labs would be drawn and sent to Mayo.

Yes it is. Pregabalin is the substance, Lyrica is the brand.

Gabapentin goes by Neurontin, Gralise, Gabarone, Fanatrex in the US

Day 195 of Amino Acids Day 328 or carnivore / ketogenic diet and Day 2 Of Benzodiazepine Detox.

Sleep patterns have completely changed. I`m having 5/10 nights which keeps me going through the day.

The Benzo detox is going well, details here: Ozeph Detox from Benzodiazepine while having pfs but Gabapentin, the less dangerous, less addictive replacement drugs is quite a knock out. So far, no withdrawal symptoms and it looks like I`m having less of a hard time with Gabapentin.

I`m back to my regular amino, minerals and vitamins supplements, with the recent addition of 1 mcg of Lithium and 450 mg of Iodine. I eliminated vitamin B12 but taking more B3 and B6 (and lots of B8, like 5gr. before sleep)

I was worried about 5-HTP, and L-Dopa interacting with Gabapentin but it actually reduces Gabapentins side effects. I still take Tyrosine, between 750 to 1000 mg and its great for reducing mind fog.

All in all, Im definitely relaxed, not worried and I dont freak out when shit happens. This one year of pfs has been so weird ! Like I have been a different person so many times, with complete opposites. I`ve been aggressive, scared and anxious, overconfident, irritable, smooth and tolerant, a complete asshole etc…

Its a great experience to be able to see myself with so many different aspects. Also, it humbles me as of my abilities to control my moods, emotions and behavior. I can see its all hormone and neurotransmitter driven and I`m just a spectator of my own life, while acting it automatically.

In the end, Ive gained more compassion for others: ``everyones life is a long and difficult fight```
(That`s from Socrates. Not me)

I wish you the best to you all. You may not be aware of it, but this disease is also bringing you gifts.
Push aside the dirt and you will find the gems.

Day 197 of amino acids, Day 330 of carnivore / ketogenic diet and Day 4 of benzo detox.

Sleep is improving at 6/10 despite diminishing Benzo by 1/3 in 4 days.

I believe what got me into this mess is taking collagen after a motorbyke crash. I figured my Glutamate levels were high and suppressed GABA (or Glycine was high and suppressed, through one of its metabolites, the GAD enzyme which makes GABA and then Glutamate got high). Either way, I have list of things to do to promote GABA and lower Glutamate:

Take and do:
• Animal protein and fat to favor GABA and GAD (GAD is the enzyme that makes GABA)
• Ketogenic diet is exceptionally beneficial (damn I knew it helped)
• Mackerel has high GABA
• Eating Organic
• Taurine increase GAD and binds to GABA Rec.
• Magnesium (Also activates GABA Rec.)
• Zinc (no more than 40 mg)
• Probiotics
• Vitamin D (Easy on it)
• Vitamin K
• Vitamin B6
• Lithium
• Iodine
• Boron
• Chlorella Blue-Green Algae to detoxify
• 5-HTP or Trytophan
• Keeping blood sugar leveled
• Adequate Sleep

Don’t Take, Don’t do:
• Glycine, Collagen which is 30% Glycine and 10% Glutamate
• Glutamate
• Glutamine
• Cysteine
• Theanine
• Casein (Cheese)
• Aspartame (sweetener)
• MSG
• Calcium (be careful)
• Easy on Glutathione
• Beware of Candida guts and mouth infection
• Sugar, whole grain, Starch
• Caffeine, Chocolate
• Food that spikes Insulin
• Artificial flavor, color, sweeteners, additives.
• Pesticide, Herbicide, Heavy Metals , perfume, dish soap, laundry soap
• Benzodiazepine
• Hydrolyzed food, creamers, Yeast, Carragenine, Guar Gum or any Gum, Malt, Soy.
• Whey protein, Sport Protein Shake, Branch Chain Amino Acids.
• Processed Meat
• Tomato Juice

I checked and there still is 2.5 gr of collagen in the capsules of the supplements I’m taking. So now, whenever possible, I open the capsule and pour the powder in my mouth, Did this yesterday and today and saved me 2 gr. of collagen. It may not be much but it contributes.
When I can sleep better, I will resume taking my supplements normally.

1 Like

Day 331 of Carnivore / ketogenic diet. I’m slowly getting off this diet.

I believe the diet had immense benefits, akin to a cure for things like epilepsy, spam, anxiety and much more, including most of pfs neurological symptom… I believe it was also part of what made me recover fromm all sexual symptoms.
However, the first 6 months brings the most benefits and after stating to eat some healthy carbs, I saw an improve in sleep and, well, that’s it, it’s the only boo boo I have.

So I will slowly lower levels of saturated fat and meat and introduce elements that would fit a paleo diet:: colorful fruits, nuts, legumes and a wider variety of vegetables, especially colorful ones. I will still go easy on things like grains and soya, which have caused me troubles in the past.

Tomorrow will be day one of Paleo diet.

I will still take my amino, minerals and vitamins but will eat a wider variety of food. I will also increase exercise, in particular fast walking but will continue weight lifting.

What’s wrong with theanine?

What about libido?

It increases Glutamate, and excitatory neurotransmitter. Nothing wrong with it if Glutamate is at normal levels. I took it for months, whenever I had anxiety.

Sex drive is lower than pre-fin and it suits me. Pre-fin I was craving sex all the time, even after having sex 3 times with my GF.

I can have sex 1-5 times a week. I’m cool with that level.

Day 199 of amino acids, Day 332 of carnivore / ketogenic diet and Day 6 of benzo detox.

I`m loosening the ketogenic / Carnivore diet a bit. I’m reducing saturated fat, adding healthy carbs and including Paleo diet items such as very colorful fruits and veggies for the flavonoids and antioxidants they contain. I rarely see any pfs symptoms in the daytime. If I do, it will be dry lips or dry eyes. Still have insomnia issues but getting much better. I can have sex 3-4 times a week without feeling deprived, which in my case is a much lower sex drive. Is it pfs or being 51 ?

Sleep was 9/10 yesterday. Now all I have to do is tapper down benzo and anti-histamine and replace with Taurine, Passion flower, Lavender Oil, Valerian and such. I’ll try taking Ashwagandha. It’s very good for balancing neurotransmitters and hormones.

I have read mixed things about Ashwagandha. I have heard it can even cause insomnia. But I guess we all react differently to these types of herbs.

Carnivore diet is also dangerous study find it:

Yes. Maybe it’s because it creates serotonin and if you can’t convert it into melatonin than you have insomnia. I don’t know. What I know is I used to not tolerate Taurine, especially before sleep, and now I can take it.

So I’ll give Ashwagandha and Bacopa a chance as they both regenerate brain cells and promote hormone and neurotransmitters balance.
They work on the Hyppocampus, Thalamus, Hypothalamus and Hypophysis; which, if you look them up separately, pretty much sums up all the symptoms we have and IMO is the reason why this forum is for a disease that developed from 5alpha-reductase inhibitors as well as anti-androgens, antidepressants, and GnRH analogs, a disease which again IMO affects those 4 parts of the brain.
For example. all sex hormones are regulated by the Hypophysis. IMO, if it becomes unregulated it explains why SSRI patients develop the same sexual symptoms as pfs although they took nothing that affected their sexual hormones directly.

All the aminos, vitamins and minerals I took were specifically aiming at this region of the brain. I now take it a bit further and orienting my diet and supplementation toward brain cells creation and regeneration in the same region. To this end, I added omega 3, flavonoids and anti-oxidants and will try Ashwagandha and Bacopa, both of which increase sexual functions, neurotransmitter and hormone balance as well as brain cell creations from the hyppocampus region.

I will take them morning and afternoon on an empty stomach and stop 5-HTP, L-Dopa and Tyrosine to avoid redundancy. I will take some of those 3 aminos occasionally if I see a need for it. I should get results from the herbs in a week or two and the treatment should not last more than 3 months.

I think taking either of them before sleep would create insomnia , especially Bacopa. If things go well, I will try Ashwagandha before sleep in a few weeks.

1 Like

Yes, it can. Red meat shortens lifespan. Saturated fat prevents cell regeneration. This is why I changed my mind and recommend the carnivore / Ketogenic diet for only 6 months (minimum 3 months). I believe it stops and reverse pfs neurological symptoms. After which, Paleo and Mediterranean diet is fine.

Day 395 after I crashed, Day 333 of Ketogenic now turned Paleo diet, Day 200 of Amino and Day 1 of Ashwagandha and Bacopa for brain regeneration, a 3 months experiment if well tolerated. It’s now mid June, I’ll stop mid September.

Good news: I can take other sleep aids on top of 3 mg Clonazepam and 20 mg Hydroxyzine, like Silexan 60 mg (Lavender oil) which works the best because it’s an oil and stays longer in the body. I tried Passion flower extract and Taurine yesterday , both at 1000 mg, and I had deep sleep for 6 hours then woke up and barely slept for the two hours I remained in bed. Sleep was 7/10 because of the missing 2 hours but the 6 hours before were deep sleep. Passion flower extract is water soluble and gets eliminated faster. I expect the same with Kava Kava as it is water soluble. But tonight, I’ll go back to lavender oil for the purpose of having a 9/10 night (with a little luck). Cycling sleeping herbs is a good idea anyway.

Bad news: I need to take something on top of 3 mg Clonazepam and 20 mg Hydroxyzine, it’s not enough to make me sleep. Maybe Ashwagandha will eventually help.

Day 397 after I crashed, Day 335 of Ketogenic now turned Paleo diet, Day 202 of Amino and Day 3 of Ashwagandha and Bacopa for brain regeneration.

Sleep was 9/10. I took Clonazepam 3mg, Hydroxyzine 22.5 mg 1 1/2 hour before bedtime, Kava Kava and Taurine 1000 mg each 30 minutes before, and melatonin 10 mg Inusitol (Vit B8) 1000 mg (down from 5000 mg) just before bedtime. Didn’t have problem falling or staying asleep, I had deep sleep along with normal dreams and woke up 30 minutes before the alarm rang. Went back to sleep and woke up when the alarm did go off. What’s new is I can now tolerate and get benefits from Taurine and other Anxiolytics herbs whereas 6 months ago they were making me feel bad and I couldn’t take 'em.
I will cycle Silexan, Passion Flowers and Kava Kava until I get Valerian, lemon balm and other Anxiolytic herbs, then I will eliminate Kava Kava unless I get a proper reassurance from the manufacturer it was made by the book. (if not, it can be dangerous for the liver)

I took Ashwagandha and Bacopa along with my 3 brain aminos, (5-HTP, L-Dopa and Tyrosine) even though I said I wouldn’t to avoid redundancy. This is because it take 2-4 week for Ashwagandha and Bacopa to have full effects. I will slow down and stop if needed the brain aminos when I’ll be approaching Ashwagandha and Bacopa effective time.
So far, I noticed four effects: I have 1- greater imagination and 2- greater ability to solve complex problems. I found solutions to an economic and geopolitics puzzle that eluded me for years. Just couldn’t get my head around it and now I can. I find it amazing to observe my mind stretching its limits and come up with new original ideas it creates by itself. 3- sex drive is up and becomes more of a pressing issue.
And 4-, a negative one, I get mild anxiety after taking a dose of both Ashwagandha and Bacopa. It doesn’t last and is only an inconvenience but I will keep a close look at it. If it grows, I will have to lower the dose or stop those 2 herbs. It i gets better, than I’m Ok and will just go on.

I had way too much sugar yesterday at that birthday party. Turns out the host made a buffet consisting almost exclusively of cakes and sweet bakery, all with sugar. there was almost no normal food. I had more sugar that day than I had in weeks. The anxiety could come from that. It didn’t prevent me from sleeping. Could be benzo withdrawal. Who knows !

Update: Well, I had sex 3 times today and I’m still horny. I don’t know if it’s Ashwagandha / Bacopa already having an effect, the change of diet to include colorful food full of antioxidant and flavonoids or the addition of carbs while reducing saturated fat, but it feels good.

2 Likes

So ozeph Iam glad you are doing fine.

Can you name some foods that absolutely would fuck you up during your sensitive time, pls?