Allopregnanolone

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading on Allopregnanolone again this morning and I posted a few studies.

From my investigation of this morning and previous months, I know that:

• Allopregnanolone is hypothesised to regulate HPA
  • Allopregnanolone is a positive and potent modulator of GABA-A receptors and does not develop tolerance on chronic administration, unlike benzodiazepines. So are Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and barbiturates.
  • Allopregnanolone is possibly involved in the amygdalae response to stress
  • Allopregnanolone is decreased in major depression, anxiety and epilepsy.
  • Allopregnanolone may provide relief in STRESS-induced seizures.
  • THC at high enough concentrations increase Allopregnanolone
  • Low dose fluoxetine increases Allopregnanolone

What we know from studies on PFS:

• Allopregnanolone is reduced in PFS patients.

Anecdotal evidence for Allopregnanolone providing relief, from the forum:

• Many people say that Alcohol provides them relief and makes them feel normal.
  • Some people say that Cannabis helped them.
  • Progesterone helped some people recover

Shouldn’t we all be be trying to raise our allopregnanolone before anything else?

I agree I’m trying to source some Allopregnanolone.

Has anyone else here tried it ?

Yes! I ve always thought it to be the most important issue.

I also read something saying reduced allopregnanolone can influence DHT and reduced it…

I just came back from the gym and on my way here I was thinking if we can source some allopregnanolone and prepare a solution.

But it does sound scary!

I don’t know if i trust this celtic dreams spray…

How safe would it be to take allopregnanolone in the short-medium-long term? Can we assess that?

Look:

books.google.be/books?id=zAAep7D … cy&f=false

And here they say that improvement from unipolar depression by fluoxetine is linked to a normalization of endogenous CSF allopregnanolone, which was significantly decreased before treatment with fluoxetine.

But they also say that long term exposure can reduce GABA-A Receptor expression leading to increased anxiety…There must be some catch here since companies are developing allopregnanolone based drugs for anxiety and epilepsy…

Thing about fluoxetine and etifoxine is they both upregulate allopregnanolone synthesis via induction of the 3A-HSD enzyme. (see image at the bottom of post)

This process comes after 5-AR, so it’s only effective if there are enough 5-alpha metabolites to begin with.

This is relevant as we likely have a deficit in these metabolites from using an 5-ar inhibitor, otherwise why else would we have low neurosteroids?

Whats more, the 3A-HSD enyzme actually has a negative impact on DHT. It increases conversion to a less potent steroid called 5alpha-androstan-3a, 17b-diol.

So basically, I think although we have low neurosteroids, this is a symptom rather than a cause and trying to remedy it via the 3A-HSD enzyme will not restore libido. I have tried both fluoxetine and etifoxine for 2 months without results.

1 Like

I understand what you say and I’m not up for an SSRI trial…

But what about THC or the allopregnanolone spray?

THC increases Progesterone and Allopregnanolone
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?ter … cannabinol

This means there is a chance it influences as well the molecule in the middle: 5a-DHP

I’ve tried the allopregnanolone spray. The product itself is shit, the plastic spray is cheap and gets clogged after two or three uses, and the allopregnanolone itself isn’t very pure. (as verified by the producer)

It did produce a calming effect but nothing other than that I’m afriad. Perhaps a purer, more direct allopregnanolone supplement would be more effective, but we’re still a while away from that.

That bit about morphine inducing allopregnanolone is interesting though, as it also induces DHT in the CNS apparently. Very risk stuff but I reckon I might give it a go, I can only get morphine derivatives though rather than pure…

Dannyfc- how much fluoxetine (prozac) did you take? What was the dosage?

I took approximately 2-5mg in the morning for about 2 weeks.

And I took about 200mg of Etifoxine every day for about 2 months prior.

As I say, they work via the same enzyme induction which I don’t think is very inducive to improving sexual side effects.

I think they potentially aid mental ability if your neurosteriods are low, and I definitely think I’m a lot better mentally than I was a while ago. But again, I don’t think there’s a direct link between low allopregnanolone and the libido issue. It’s more of an indirect side-effect of using 5-AR inhibitors for a prolonged peroid.

But thats just my opinion. I’d still be interested in trying Ganaxolone if it comes to market.

danny if the allopregnanolone levels were definetely increased you must have felt something… did you feel anything at all? or was it a sugar candy?

otherwise i really dont think you have managed to increase it. allopregnanolone is supposed to be much more relaxing than alcohol or benzos… maybe the prozac isnt working on eveyrone.

i’m not saying you should have felt cured but i think you should have felt at least something

do you thınk tıs tınnıtus cause of low allopregnalolone?

while searching the other day I found this: news.yahoo.com/researchers-tinni … 00838.html

if you find a link between this drug and gaba-a please post it.

thıs fuckıng drug destroy thıngs whıch so hard to treat, they just found root causes of tınnıtus. What a mess.

danny another idea is that you probably did not take it long enough.
depression remission with fluoxetine occurs at 8-10 weeks into the treatment.

how much was the dosage of Etifoxine ?

Just found this article on Allopregnanolone apparently it can help regrow brain cells.

I’ve been using the celtic dreams Allopregnanolone for the last few days it has improved the quality of my sleep and giving me more energy its like I feel more alive when I take it. The only problem is my urinary problem has got much worse while I was taking it so I’m going to stop taking it until my urianry problem stabilizes. It may be just a coincidence that my urinary problem got worse while on it.

I definitely recommend trying it. But there may be better sources of Allopregnanolone than celtic dreams on the label it says for “lab use only” so it is obviously not a regulated product. I tried to get it through my pharmacy but is it not available in my country. Does anyone know if its even possible to get Allopregnanolone from a properly regulated pharmacy ?

phfsupplements.com/celtic-dreams-20-ml.html

I would also be interested in knowing if you can compound it at a pharmacy?

Mark have you tried progesterone? as you say you have urinary and sleep problems…

Yes I’ve used progesterone but it doesnt do much for me. When I used it first it did help my sleep a little but now it does nothing.

It’s not at a stage where it would have reached pharmacies, however it is available to order if you get a Chinese lab to synthesize it like most research chemicals.

Theoretically we should be able to arrange a group bulk buy, but for that we need someone with experience with Chinese labs and understanding the logistics of getting individual quantities to people in different countries.

I’m skeptical about the Celtic Dreams product but the seller is upfront as says it’s only about 60% pure. He also mentions injecting it rather than nasal administration. Which is something I might try.