Allopregnanolone SPRAY

CDnuts posted about this briefly in his recovery thread, but I think it deserves its own thread. I didn’t think there was were any allo supplements on the market.

Has anyone who has suffered from brain fog or cognitive issues tried something like this? I did some searching, and apparently even Sears sells this online now. Interested to see if it could help for the mental sides…

sears.com/celtic-labs-celtic … RECT=false

Also interesting - the product description on this other website that sells this product specifically mentions fin and 5AR.

nutri-verse.com/celtic-dream … ltic-labs/

I am kind of interested in this. Has anyone ever tried the spray? It seems like pregnanolone supplementation received mostly positive/mixed reviews.

Jeffbrdr- are us still taking low dose prozac 2-2.5 mg? That is suppose to increase Allo levels in the brain. Curious how you are doing with that

wow, I can’t believe that website mentions finasteride specifically. someone with more knowledge on the issue than I should really try this and report back! If something fixes the mental symptoms, I think life might actually be bearable.

can you post what it actually says about fin and allo? I
am looking for an article that also discusses lowered Allo levels and neurological degeneration with Finasteride written back in 2004, it was amazingly progressive for its time.

Yes - I am still taking 2.5mg Prozac. It’s hard to say - I think it’s helped a bit. I no longer have severe brain fog “attacks” like I once had, but I still have fogginess / cognitive issues for sure. Hard to say whether the prozac or time off the drug has provided the minimal improvements. I’m a year off, and maybe about 40-50% better than when I was at my first. Still not acceptable, though. Life is still a bit of a struggle but not as bad as it used to be.

Hoping that another 6 months to a year will really show some changes.

Product Description per second website (reference to fin bolded):

Allopregnanolone (3α-hydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one or 3α,5α-tetrahydroprogesterone; also abbreviated as THP or THPROG)

is a prototypic neurosteroid present in the blood and also the brain. It is a metabolite of progesterone and potent modulator of GABAA receptors.

While allopregnanolone, like other GABAA receptor active neurosteroids such as allotetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone (3α,21-dihydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one; THDOC), positively modulates all GABAA receptor isoforms, those isoforms containing δ-subunits exhibit greater magnitude potentiation.

Allopregnanolone has pharmacological properties similar to other positive modulators of GABAA receptors, including anxiolytic and anticonvulsant activity.[1]

The biosynthesis of allopregnanolone starts with the converting of progesterone into 5α-dihydroprogesterone by 5α-reductase type I. After that, 3α-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase isoenzymes (also referred to as 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) converts this intermediate into allopregnanolone.

Anxiety and depression are common side effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors such as finasteride and dutasteride, and they are believed to be caused, in part, by the prevention of the endogenous production of allopregnanolone.

The 5-epimer of this compound (pregnanolone; 3α-hydroxy-5-pregnan-20-one) has similar properties to allopregnanolone, and the 3-methyl analogue, ganaxolone, is under development to treat epilepsy and other conditions.

Allopregnanolone may serve as an endogenous anticonvulsant and play a role in catamenial epilepsy.[2]

very interesting. Anyone going to order it and try?

Guys,
Interesting topic. I’d like to know if someone is thinking about trying this.

It is much cheaper here
phfsupplements.com/celtic-dreams-20-ml.html

Please do not use prozac for depression, 5htp is miraculous. I tell you that I have 13 years in this hell.

Would Allopregnanolone Spray help with Insomnia/awful light sleep?

Just to add, I’ve ordered the Cletic Dreams Allo spray for sleep- I will report back.

Actually I believe the synthetic Allopreg is close to getting approval, it may help us out significantly when it is approved: ganaxolone

Looking forward to hearing if this works

I tried the Celtic Dreams. It appears to be effective, especially with sleep, but the spray bottle clogs up as the liquid crystallizes.

Recently, I decided to try the LOW DOSE Prozac and started a prescription 2 weeks ago. The lowest dose prescribed is 10mg, so my doc recommended taking it every other day. He said Prozac has a good half-life so there’s no need to divide the capsules for daily dose.

Results so far… YES, I noticed a considerable improvement in mood, much less depression, more positive thoughts and better sleep. I have an extensive recovery protocol already and have experienced considerable recovery from it, and for me to notice such a difference by adding the low dose Prozac should hold some weight/validation to consider.

Knowing what might have helped, would have helped me when I first crashed 4 years ago.

Prozac increases Allopregnanolone. Only potential downside is the sexual side effects which could exacerbate PFS.

No!! This thread is full of misinformation. Low dose, like 2mg, is different than regular full dose prozac and does NOT have sexual sides