Allopregnanolone Precursor

I see quite a few people talking about the release of Allopregnanolone tablets in the near future, to raise allo all we need to take is the precursor which is 5α-dihydroprogesterone. I tried it and within 10-15 minutes I felt its effects.

Has anyone tried 5α-dihydroprogesterone ?

1 Like

What kind of effects did you notice?

1 Like

@Ronnie99

Some related discussions:
https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=dhp

There were far more anecdotes about DHP on the old solvePFS forum. From what I remember, there were a few people who said it helped to varying degrees and far more who said it didn’t. I can’t recall anyone mentioning being harmed by DHP, but that’s not to say it didn’t happen. This treatment was based on an assumption that the 3a-HSD enzyme(s) responsible for the reduction of DHP were at adequate levels for most of those who attempted it.

That’s great that you noticed an almost immediate effect, so you aren’t left wondering “is this really doing something?”

Before you continue participating here, make certain to post a member story so that others have some idea of your background. The member story topics are also a great place to share treatments/improvements since your symptom profile will be in the same location.

You can also take Fluoxetin or Fluvoaxmin in very lowe dose (1-2 mg) to raise Allo without any effect on Serotonine.

I’ve been taking fluoxetine for 2 months and haven’t noticed any of the improvements allo should bring

I took it for one year from july 2018 to july 2019 and its benefits were libido, brain fog lifted, harder erections, energy and motivation and better well being.

After one year I started to feel not to good but I think this could be because the underlying hormones were not balanced from taking 5a DHP, example when you take TRT you also got to also supplement the precursor hormones or after a while you will start to crash.

Yes honestly I felt something within fifteen minutes, like something I was missing was being replenished and the benefits, libido, better anxiety, better mood and brain fog lifted.

I will do the introduction in the next day or two. just know that my intentions are genuine and im honest in all my posts as honesty will get us all the farthest in this.

1 Like

What this 5a DHP product does is bypass Progesterone and 5ar as 5ar converts progesterone to 5a dhp and finally goes to Allopregnenalone. I dont know if Fluoxetine does this in this respect.

I think if you take 5a DHP you will notice something and alleviate some symptoms I beleive as this bypasses 5ar to convert 5a dhp to allopregnenalone.

This is the third time I have seen posts about
Fluoxetin Increasing alleopreg at low doses

What is the mechanism that fluoxetine does this by ?

How could a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor convert 5a-DHP to alleopreg? I’m assuming there is a study somewhere on this forum showing low dose Fluoxetin increasing alleopreg?

The first time I experimented with 5a-DHP I got even better sleep then what I was getting at the time. Subsequent experiments of 5a-DHP did very little for me. But we were all getting our 5a-DHP from the same research lab in DC. So it could have been an issue with the product. I remember the bottle saying “for research purposes only” for mice and rats

It would have been really interesting if someone ran before and after alleopreg testing while on the 5a-DHP to see if the extra 5a-DHP really was converting for Alleopreg via 3a-HSD. My gut feeling is that the 3a-HSD regulates how much 5a-DHP can convert to Alleopreg

Also the path I’m on now leads me to believe that more Alleopreg could make things worse. I’m getting rid of high amounts of Alleopreg in my urine

Did sleep improvements from 5a-DHP stay with you?

Hey @Mercked what’s the sleep pattern in general like for you at the moment ?

I see that you have suffered sleep dysfunction for quite a while - is there anything that has made an improvement ? Pharmaceutical or Herbal? Exercise?

It’s hard to say because at time I jumped on bored with the 5a-DHP experiments my sleep was already good from CD’s protocol. If I had to guess I don’t think the 5a-DHP had any long term advantages for me. I remember my already good sleep getting better, after the initial fear went away of “OMG WTF am I doing I’m taking a neurosteriod from a bottle that says not for human use on it”. I remember just feeling calm and relaxed with music sounding better.

I have been at the insomnia part of PFS for seven years now. I think what helped my insomnia so much from CD’s protocol was the magnesium and glycine. My theory is that years of taking glycine and magnesium did not fix the problem but instead they are inhibitory “making up” for the fact that my GABAa receptor the bodies main inhibitory neurotransmitter is not working properly

I think that getting the GABAa receptors to work properly could take agonizing them with more Alleopreg or may require doing the opposite. I don’t know it’s all high risk gambling. One of my main priority’s right now is to try to find a way to better predict what the outcome would be if we throw more Alleopreg at the GABAa receptors. How much Alleopreg we our peeping out in urine sounds like the currently available best way. Yes as others have said this is probable not telling us what our current Alleopreg levels are in our CNS. But it is probable telling is how much Alleopreg our bodies want to get rid of which may be important.

I can say I deff did not get worse from running 5a-DHP though. But maybe when it comes to the specific sides that are possibly related to messed up GABAa receptors continuing to make the GABAa receptors go in the wrong direction just kinda is what it is at that point and you don’t necessarily get worse. You just don’t get better

Lastly with the way things stand now I’m noticing a pattern during this current relapse insomnia that I have been suffering from recently since November 25th 2020 that when I take a GABAa agonist I sleep better that night. But then the next night if I don’t take it I sleep worse then “regular PFS relapse insomnia baseline”. In other words I would expect to not sleep as good as the night I agonize the GABAa receptors. But I wouldn’t expect to decline the following night even further. This may mean that my GABAa receptors are intolerant/not sensitive enough/ down regulated how ever you want to put it. And agonizing them is making things worse even though immediately upon doing so it’s making things a little better

Kinda like a benzodiazepines addict. They will always feel “a little better” immediately after taking that Xanax. But their problems are only growing.

1 Like

im 3y pfs suffrer after 6m on fin
my main issue is insomnia .it gets better then it goes worce each time .i tried evry think i also think its estrogen related besides allopreg .i hoping for glycine to help .whats the dosage of mg and glcine

How are your estrogen e2 levels ?

1 Like

i did blood test last year they told me that im normal the value was 40 and the limit was 55 . each day the value are jurassicly flactuating ,i think how you feel is the way to know i did develop gyno and its hurting sometimes also i occasionaly have ball ache and discomfort .i dont want tp take ai but i will try an estrogen blocker

I take 3500 MG’s of Glycine for sleep. I have been for years. It helped me seven years ago after getting PFS type insomnia. It’s also helped me in my recent PFS type relapse insomnia. Actually this time because I came off of Glycine right when my relapse insomnia started and then waited several weeks and reintroduced the Glycine I have had a good opportunity to see how well it works for my insomnia.

Interestingly I pee out small amounts of Glycine in my urine while taking 3500 MG’s of it daily. I think that my body is using most of the Glycine I consume rather then peeing it out. I think this is the case because my body needs that extra Glycine to bind to the Glycine receptors which is inhibitory to “make up” for my GABA receptors not working properly. In my experience for me Glycine is safe and does not make things worse while it helps things. But it’s a “bandage” not fixing the actual problem that’s causing me my sleep issues

1 Like

Proceed with caution with aromatase inhibitors. Over the years from what I have gathered on several forums aromatase inhibitors can make us worse. My sexual sides got substantially worse from taking an aromatase inhibitor especially the shrinkage. I recovered back to regular PFS baseline but it took years. One of the guys that killed him self on this forum got way worse from a prescription aromatase inhibitor.

Also something else to consider:

My blood Estradiol is normal like yours. But my saliva Estradiol which is representing my free estrogen available to bind to the ER receptors is lowish. Also my blood 3b-diol is flagged low which is a potent estrogen receptor beta agonist. My point is that plasma testing alone is not giving you the full picture of your “Estradiol status” if thats how you want to put it

There are probable safer alternatives with testing the whole estrogen thing. Such as taking a DHT pro hormone which may counter some of they extra estrogenic activity. You could also agonize the estrogen receptors with different supplements to see if you need more estrogen. Remember that for most of us being sensitive to inhibiting enzymes got us into this mess. So inhibiting another enzyme with an aromatase inhibitor should probable be a last case report. But then again some people have got better from taking aromatase inhibitors. So it’s high stakes gambling. From a ten year PFS victim I would find a way to test this on your self with out taking an aromatase inhibitor at least at first. Other guys have used DHT for issues that they suspect are in result of too much estrogen. I’m only aware of one guy who got worse from taking a DHT pro hormone. It made his mental sides worse. But this is only one case i am aware of

1 Like