Allopregnanolone pill -- coming in 6-7 years

TSPO controls conversion of cholesterol, progesterone etc. to allopregnanolone. Finasteride blocks this biosynthesis.

Would this explain why both my cholesterol & progesterone are above lab ranges?

Got some Glycine. Gunna get some etifoxine. Will see how it goes.

i would say ANYTHING is possible… bloody poison was given to us…

I just ordered Gelsemium Sempervirens 5CH like in the study I posted. It will arrive tomorrow to my pharmacy. I couldn’t get the bloody glycine ANYWHERE. I have to get it in Amazon. There was a place I could buy it but the brand was S*lgar and I read this brand is not very good anymore…

Where did you get your glycine? Try 1-3g like in the study, at night.

Please please please wuold you let us all know how it made you feel?

I will do the same for Gelsemium

amazon has some very good reviews on glycine…people say it helped them sleep when ambien didnt even work

xptriado, I am from united states. I usually get my supplements locally or from iherb.com. Yes, now is generally a good brand. I usually get now,solgar, or gnc.

so maybe that means i can get Solgar glycine? Is solgar good? I have read not so good things about it…

I also found this blend I want to try: amazon.de/gp/product/B0006U6 … ZUFJTO5MR1

And I wanted to try Seriphos as well as Sublingual Melatonin when I wake up early at night…

Have you tried any of these?

I always assumed solgar was ok but NOW seemes to get higher scores overall. What negative things have you read about Solgar? Actually you could get NOW Glycine if you wanted. That’s on Iherb as well 1000 mg

iherb.com/Now-Foods-Glycine- … =null&ic=4. When I purchase Glycine I’ll probably get that one.

yes. I’ve been taking sublingual Melatonin the last couple weeks actually. I take 2 10 mg tablets before I lay down to sleep, usually takes about an hour to kick in so i’m probably going to start taking them a bit earlier.

wikihow.com/Take-Melatonin - this Melatonin write up says you should only take melatonin before you initially go to sleep and not in the middle of the night.

Why hasn’t etifoxine been previously discussed? Progesterone has been talked about extensively, but if the mechanism of conversion is impaired, it’s going about the problem a backward way. I don’t know if etifoxine can reverse the damage done, but it’s surely worth trying? I’ll have some arrive next week.

Ok this is thus far, next to ganaxolone, the most interesting thing IMO.

So, now my questions:

• Is it readily available on pharmacies?
  • How can I get my doctor to prescribe it…

By the way, that GHB thing, how did you guys get your hands on it?

has anyone ever heard of this?

longecity.org/forum/topic/63 … periments/

Best Virtually Unknown Noot–Lasers, low-level laser therapy, led therapy, infrared therapy
Comments–I can’t believe that everybody is not using this like crazy. It is awesome but hardly anyone mentions it. It is dose dependent and wavelength dependent. Please do your research before using. Look up the work of Karu, Hode, and Hamblin. Check out recent studies done at UT Austin (2013), Harvard, and MIT (2009). I use 808nm wavelength light to my forehead at 200 mW…it’s called the Vatrolaser, and yes, it’s for horses with tendon problems. ha I’ve also used the 660nm Tendlite with awesome results but 808 is my favorite. It increases mitchondrial function by adding energy at the cytochrome C oxidase receptor. I can study 14 hours per day without getting tired. Can’t believe that more people don’t rave about this. Has massively enhanced the lives of head injury and stroke victims. Highly recommended, very safe (wear goggles please!)

Yeah you can get it on online pharmacies. It’s popular in continental europe as an anti-anxiety treatment.

I’m not holding out too much hope but will be interesting to see if theres anything effect. I do think it targets the right mechanism, its funny how often finasteride is used in studies to counteract it’s effects. But I think the doses required for it to be effective are an issue, since it’s pretty heavy on the liver. Ganaxolone is probably the real lifeline. Unfortunately I imagine that won’t be on the market for another 2-3 years.

I wouldn’t bother with GHB if I’m honest. Feels more neurotoxic than beneficial.

I’ve read that Sodium Oxybate, the GHB, is actually produced in our bodies. I’ve read it’s not neurotoxic at all but the problem is getting the dosages right because apparently it is not a linear or logarithmic progression in the effect aas you increase the dosage, but rather something exponential. Bear in mind this was what I read yesterday in a blog on how to make your own GHB so this is by no means something I read in a scientific study.

Ganaxolone seems to be the real deal…

I live in europe but for my insomnia/anxiety I only got prescribed these:

• anti depressives
  • benzodiazepines
  • buspirone
  • valproic acid

i have only tried the AD’s and the benzos…they’re not as useful for me as I thought they would be.

I had epilepsy crisis too when i was 12, and medicated 2 years on phenobarbital (OUCH…), so I want to try an AED for my insomnia/sleep. I’m going to a neurologist specialized in epilepsy and sleep on the 18th of December. I wish he’d prescribe me Pregabalin. I’ll suggest that and let you know…

I’ve been trying this homeopathic product Gelsemium Sempervirens 5CH because I had read on a sci study on mouses that it increases Allopregnanolone biosynthesis…well…it’s hard to say if it’s doing something or not. …

Has anyone else here tried allopregnanolone ?

Homeopathy is bullshit. Please stop wasting time and money on pseudo science.

I also dont believe in it but i found SCIENTIFIC studies about this particular substance and it was 5 euros On the pharmacy that is 10 meters fromy office, so i bought it. I hope thats ok for you…

There’s nothing scientific about the concept of homeopathy, regardless of what substance it is.

Too bad then that this was a study published on pubmed where they measured allopregnanolone before and after administration of the compound, in mice…

DannyFc, did you ever try Etifoxine?

Is there a natural way -other than alcohol- to raise allo? Or get it to be produced etc I don’t know the exact word for it. I’ve just started to get muscle twitches and it’s driving me nuts!

edit: Found this: 4abettermemory.com/memory/hormon … in-health/

…Allopregnanolone is a metabolite of progesterone which is produced in the body. Progesterone comes the master hormone pregnenolone, and pregnenolone is available in this country as a health food supplement. If you’ve attended one of my classes you learned of the importance of pregnenolone as well as the hormone it produces – DHEA, estrogen and testosterone in promoting brain health, and how these are dramatically reduced by age, but can be boosted with this simple supplement which costs less than $25…

Sounded like a scam to me but is there any credibility? I’ve searched over forum and read some conflicting ideas.

Etifoxine did not help me or do anything at all, I bought it from awake brain, I also have emoxypine but haven’t tried it yet

Just ordered etifoxine- worth a shot.