Accomplices to Murder

It struck me today - since the Harvard and Baylor research is floundering, likely to fall by the wayside since so few PFS guys have been willing to take part (I took part in the Boston research in October), then we will likely NEVER find out what causes PFS, and NEVER get a cure. With no cure - there will be many more suicides. Who is responsible for those deaths? Merck? Sure - to a certain extent. You know who else is culpable? Every single one of you that decided you couldn’t make the time to participate in this research. Even though you GET PAID MONEY to participate, and the PFS Foundation can likely pay for travel, we can’t get enough guys involved. As far as I am concerned - you are all accomplices to the suicides that will occur once our only hope at finding the cause of PFS, the Baylor/Harvard research, dies away. Fuck each and everyone of you. Merck isn’t to blame for this - it is each and every one of you sad, “woe is me” mother fuckers.

Like Luckfax who said he didn’t need to participate in the Baylor/Harvard research because he had already “done his part” . Fuck that attitude - too many guys have it. We are all going to die lonely, angry men a shell of our former selves because we couldn’t get enough guys to stop feeling sorry for themselves for more than a second and actually contribute. Burn in hell motherfuckers.

I think there are a few major obstacles:

Lack of awareness about the studies
Lack of awareness that medical, travel and other expenses can be financed by the Foundation and/or other donors, plus $800 participation payment
Men may feel they live too far away (not true)
Men may simply be too ill to participate

I know for a fact there’s an awareness problem because I personally wasn’t aware that I could have costs reimbursed.

We only need 25 men out of 3000+ here. The trials should be over subscribed if anything.

Need a post on requirements for each study. Find out if someone is even eligible. Then we can easily see who can participate.

Ideally, if there was a way to complete the needed tests in a week at both hospitals… Set up a week for a bunch of PFS guys to go and through any reimbursement, PFS Foundation or donations here… Let’s see if we can cover all the costs and throw in a bit of spending money.

Something like a week in August for research and to hang around with some of the guys who know what it’s like.

Just have to make it as easy and convenient as possible. Travel costs would obviously be cheapest for those living in the U.S.

I contacted both studies yesterday and left a message and I heard nothing back yet.ill let you know when they have contacted me.Im in Ireland.
Seriously ANY OF YOU LIVING IN THE STATES SHOULD GET ON THOSE STUDIES.SERIOUSLY GET THE FINGER OUT AND GET MOVING!!!

At the moment I would not be up to traveling to the UK never mind America. I think there are many people that are too ill to travel.

But anyone who is well enough to travel should seriously consider taking part in these studies.

I will take part in both studies, why isn’t this information on the front page of the site if we needed more people?

I haven’t been actively browsing the forums for a while.

Please, someone direct me to what I need to sign up for, my brain is a bowl of mooch, I can barely read at the moment

molybedenu,

Email or call this guy:

Allen Papazian
Clinical Research Coordinator
Men’s Health, Aging and Metabolism
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
221 Longwood Avenue, BLI-549
Boston, MA 02115
apapazian1@partners.org
(617)525-9197

There’s more information here too:

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/doctors-recruiting-pfs-patients-research-studies/

Anyone else want to join us?

By the way, it is on the front page here: http://www.propeciahelp.com/

See! This is the exact attitude I am talking about…dudes that have never even contacted Harvard (Allen Papazian Study Coordinator Email: media@pfsfoundation.org).

This guy - BlueJaysFan - acts like Harvard and Baylor should be BENDING OVER BACKWARDS to make things as easy as possible. Like they owe us that. Only if its convenient for BlueJaysFan will he participate. Fuck you. You will live a long and painful curefree life with that attitude.

I am sorry - but I have had it will the “poor me” motherfuckers around here. You are all too fucking stupid to see this is IT - OUR ONLY CHANCE - and you idiots are going to ruin it because its “inconvenient”. You know what is inconvenient - a bullet through your fucking head - which is where most of us will end up if this doesn’t get cured.

This post has all the relevant details you need - I’ve given the 3 email addresses you need. I’ve told you that you GET PAID to participate. I am sure you will have some fucking new excuse now…when I kill myself a few years from now, its on all of you pathetic, sad sack do nothings. Fuck you all.

I don’t know what you’re obsession with me is that you feel the need to PM me abuse then vent on the forum when you get it back but it’s getting tedious. Actually I do, it’s because I didn’t do your podcast but I’m hardly alone there.

I merely asked, as others have done, what the fees or payments involved would be since it isn’t very clear. You say guys get paid but, correct me if I’m wrong, the Baylor one requires each applicant to fund some of his testing.

On top of that you’re talking a minimum of two flights and over a thousand dollars in fares for guys from Europe to travel there, many of whom will have been financially, physically and mentally fucked over by having PFS. Maybe you should start directing some of your anger and attention to your fellow countrymen, as I’m pretty sure we could get the same number of Europeans to participate over here in a fairly short time frame.

And I never said I’ve ‘already played my part’ so stop misquoting me to back up your prejudice. That said, having been in a study and done awareness so far I’ve done more than 95% of this forum, and am willing to do more, so find someone else to take your frustration out on.

I will email them and get signed up as soon as possible. How many people have signed up? You said we need 25, how many do we have so far?

I have emailed everyone involved. I will get this done asap.

Btw people who already partipicated please wrote that on this toppic, thus we can have some idea how many people still need.

jorbie, we’re making progress on this. Do you want to put people off or keep it moving in a positive direction? Up to you.

This is what you PM’d me in March when I asked you to tell your story on the podcast…“I feel I’ve done my bit.”
As far as you not doing the podcast…you are right. You showed me by not telling your story. So have the other guys.
The truth of the matter is - I don’t want to be doing this podcast. I don’t want to be talking to you on this goddamn forum. I don’t want to have ever heard the words Propecia or PFS. So flatter yourself and think I am pissed at you for blowing me off. I could care less. I hate doing that podcast. I end up crying after every fucking interview, it sets me back mentally reliving this shit. I do it for the cause - but you just made the salient point - why should I care, you and most of the rest could care less. I am wasting $39 dollars a month hosting it and many hours getting guests - all so I can get trolled by guys like you - guys I thought I would be helping. I’m out. Fuck you all - Adam

And what does that quote have to do with the studies?

I don’t want to argue with you since I think you are doing good work but you need to lose the hostility. Direct your energies towards approaching by PM fellow North Americans to participating in the study or just generally to other guys to donate, as I have been doing.

You were always beeing positive Adam. And you were one of the guys help me to keep going. Some of guys are really suffering so bad. I didnt go outside for 2 MONTHS. This forum need you and your positivity, I hope you wouldnt give up and leave forum.

^ ditto this

this is true many of sufferers are not in good health to travel. Up until three years ago I was not able to travel by air or by road.Also I wish I could participate in any study but I don’t qualify as I never used Fin, although I don’t understand the difference between Fin and Saw Palmetto both are snake oil.

I checked to attend but Allan Papazian said I was to old ???

I sent an E-mail to Allen. I will do whatever is required! Please don’t get so down Adam. I really needed your help today. I will let you know when I hear back.