7 YEARS OF POISON -- Recovery progress

Testing/measurement
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1240
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=761
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1453

Current user results
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2763
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4674

How to boost 5AR2 enzyme if it has indeed been reduced? Good question.

here is an update…i went down to clomid and arimidex 2x a week only…15mg and .1mg respectively…
i think my dick is getting bigger when flaccid, especailly the days i dont take the drugs…

i recently had sex on the weekend and stayed pretty hard for about 5 minutes…which is good nowadays, i actually pleased a women for the first time in a long fucking time…
but i still prematurely ejaculated and couldnt get hard again, and libido was low overall…

but its something to go on i guess, a year ago at this time i was impotent completely…

i had some blood work just done ill keep you posted if you guys care

12345, i’ll be watching your thread regularly as i’m taking some clomid too at the moment in similar dosages to you.
I’m glad that you are seeing some improvements.

Don’t forget to take plenty of probiotics to help with food digestion and hormone production.
I’m also taking 15mg Zinc daily which seems to help the size of my balls.

please help with this…
Im on clomid and arimidex three times a week and my T went up to a 23, or about 650,now its dropped to a fucking 15 …range is 6 to 28…E is a 77 range is 0 to 172…lh and fsh still hovering around 2 and three.
Wtf why did my t drop so much? Please guys???

I hate to sound negative but treating this with hormones is not going to work, probably only give you more sides when you come off. I have tried many combos with no success. Only theory out there that might help per Dr. Shippen and Crisler is to take extremly high doses of test ethaniate injections while taking a little hcg then maybe a little something to control estrogen if it get too high.

So I quit fin a year ago and have tried se remedies, supplements and clonus with arimidex 12mg and .1mg respectively fr a few months. That helped my T increase in the 600s but I have stopped taking all meds for three months and this is where I’m at…T is around 470 and E is in the middle of the road Shbg is about a 30 and dht is also right in the mid range. The last couple of months I have had night time erections almost nightly am I can masturbate daily, although I still have ED and low libido for sure as with the depression. I am eatin well and working out hard. My penis is still smaller most of the time and my scrotum is tight most of the te as well.
However I can have sex without any drugs but it’s not as enjoyable by any means or long lasting and the refractory period is longer. Without meds my T hovers around 500 and it was only 150 when I quit fin. That’s not a typ either that’s 150. Anyways my T now isn’t high by any means but I don’t know how high it was before I crashed. I’ve never been muscular or hairy or someone that pi would assume wool have super high T levels.

Anyways what do you all make of this? Any of you have these things happen and keep seeing improvements?

Ps I apologize for the typos this iPhone is driving me nuts

Hi All,

I havent been on this site for at least 6 months, and that has been a blessing.

Its been just over 2 years with no propecia, and finally, I think things are overall, much better. My sex drive is not what it used to be, but I am in my 30s. I am able to get and maintain an erection, basically every single time, but find some times I am a little less hard than others. After ejaculation, the erections goes away pretty quickly, but as far as I know, this is more or less normal, I am not 18 anymore.

I have had countless blood tests, always had T level around 400—which I know is low for this forum, but you know what, I have likely always been that way to some degree. I never ever had good muscle mass, was not a big guy, not hairy, etc etc. There is more to this than just testosterone, obviously. I took clomid and my T jumped, and I gained so much muscle in a short time–this wsa nice, but not normal for me, so I learned that my T levels were never ever in the 600s to start with, bc I was never ever able to put on muscle.

Despite this, I still have anxiety about sex, erections and so on. I am constantly afraid that it might fail and it could happen again, even though it hasnt. That is the toughest part. The mental game. When I am relaxed and sleep well, I feel better–My sleep has improved from 0 hours a night to 4-5 a night. I hope in time it continues to improve.

I have been through hell-literally-but I can say I am definitely better than I was–beleive me. The hardest part is having gone through it all and having that in my mind–the emotional baggage of that is intense, but its getting easier.

I do still take vitamin D, zinc, arginine, some vitamin C, and generally try to live healthily. I will not under any cirumstances take prescription medication again, I know that…Id rather die!

Sexually, my semen has not been tested, but appears much more normal, and I have fathered an offspring—so I wont even bother with more semen analysis anyways. My penis definitley looks a little shrivelled at times, but really full other times—I m not sure how much of this is bc im so obsessed with it all and looking for signs all of the time.

Regardless, I am NOT here to say I am 100% recovered and everything is fantastic and so on. But I am way better. I am re starting my life again. Im happy I didnt die throughout all of this and more optimistic. The mental baggage is the worst part, but like I said, whem Im more relaxed and sleep well—guess what, I wake up with erections in the night…When Im not, I dont!

I literally get up at night sometimes to check and see—this is not normal to be thinking about this during the night, but I guess thats a mental scar from the past…

Anyway, there is hope guys.

1 Like

Thanks for coming back and posting. Your update gives hope.

I have to accept that I may not see a 100% return to my former self either. But I’ll take any improvements as they come and enjoy reading stories like yours to stay optimistic along the way.

Take care.

I wish more guys could read this and really get some positive vibes from it

1 Like

12345- very glad you seemed to have improved. By any chance did you drink alcohol through the 2 years? I am following a trend of old posts, as well as my own experience, where I seem to be gaining long term benefits from alcohol use. Also, did you notice improvements seem to coincide with itching on your scalp and itching in other faint areas such as leg, foot, eyebrow?

I am so glad to hear you are doing better 12345. I have a quick question. Did you say you had a child? Did you conceive your child before, during, or after fin? I am trying to find out if it is possible for people with PFS to have children even after being affected by fin.

Honestly…not really

I have not abstained from alcohol or increased my drinking in any way. I drink socially, maybe 3-7 drinks per week, sometimes, sometimes more…the first year after i quit, i drank very little—although my depression was at its height and was staggering

I can have a few beers now and catch a buzz and feel ok…one thing though, when i drink a little bit i tend to sleep better, which helps alot, although alcohol use is not really a long term sleep aid

as for the other stuff, i havent noticed

My hair is not falling out by the way, it seems to have been ‘cured’ from falling out

So jealous.

Congrats on your recovery btw.

I really couldn’t care less about hair

I’m recovering still

I did ejaculate last night and it shot at least three feet

It was amazing as that hasn’t happened in two years

Yeah, most on here don’t, which is understandable. It bums me out personally because I had a full head of thick long hair and propecia destroyed it. I’d happily deal with PFS for 2-4 years if at the end of that I recovered and still had my hair. I wonder what that stuff does that seems to “cure” some people of their hair loss, even after they get some or all of their function back. Then others get massive hair loss when they didn’t have that before. Just luck I guess.

Given your progress so far I’d say you’ll be out of the woods before too long, or pretty close. I’m happy for you, man.

CAP, are you really balding or having telogen effluvium shedding?I told you my hair constantly sheds like crazy and I thin out, then the itching stops and it thickens up again

I’ll PM you so I’m not hijacking this dude’s thread.

Id gladly give you all my hair to not suffer another day of this…truly

One day of anxiety or sexual frustration is worse than losing my hair…i dont even think about my hair anymore to be honest

what are your symptoms Cap?

It’s all in my member story.