7 YEARS OF POISON -- Recovery progress

I really couldn’t care less about hair

I’m recovering still

I did ejaculate last night and it shot at least three feet

It was amazing as that hasn’t happened in two years

Yeah, most on here don’t, which is understandable. It bums me out personally because I had a full head of thick long hair and propecia destroyed it. I’d happily deal with PFS for 2-4 years if at the end of that I recovered and still had my hair. I wonder what that stuff does that seems to “cure” some people of their hair loss, even after they get some or all of their function back. Then others get massive hair loss when they didn’t have that before. Just luck I guess.

Given your progress so far I’d say you’ll be out of the woods before too long, or pretty close. I’m happy for you, man.

CAP, are you really balding or having telogen effluvium shedding?I told you my hair constantly sheds like crazy and I thin out, then the itching stops and it thickens up again

I’ll PM you so I’m not hijacking this dude’s thread.

Id gladly give you all my hair to not suffer another day of this…truly

One day of anxiety or sexual frustration is worse than losing my hair…i dont even think about my hair anymore to be honest

what are your symptoms Cap?

It’s all in my member story.

Guys, what can I say. I have been through literal hell, as have many of you. My story is well documented on this site somewhere. All I can say is that I am finally cured, and basically back to normal. I even have a beautiful healthy baby boy with my wife. The mental side effects remain from time to time-a PTSD situation IMO-where I mentally mull on the depression I used to feel.
Anyways, i started getting better a full two years after stopping the pill(poison) and only after I stopped using any real medicines. I feel the only thing that helped me, honestly, was time.

I feel pretty close to 100%, although mentally some doubt still creeps in my mind during sexual situations, but this is really due to my past memories.
Ask questions if you want…

3 Likes

Congrats and thanks for retruning with a positive outcome.

Did you experience the typical post cessation recovery then crash?

Fuck yeah op! Congratulations on your little boy! And congratulations on your recovery. Do you feel the “real meds” held you back at all?

Congratulations. Some people that post a recovery state that they are like they used to be before they took Propecia but are pretty vague about what actually got better. Can you go into detail about the symptoms that have improved?

good news great to hear. can i ask if you had any Physical changes like facial wasting (loss of masculine structure/fat/thin skin) and penis wasting or muscle wasting? if so did it regrow?

thanks anton

Must be more to it than that. Some guys have been off propecia for much longer and aren’t recovered.

Why so negative Chris? He says he recovered. Add it to the list.

I mean it must also have been the lifestyle changes which he documented.

This is great for you 12345 and really interesting. You might not have been a hardcore victim but you seemed to have bad ED and zero libido for a while. I see in one of your penultimate posts you said you’d never take prescribed drugs again but to what extent would you attribute your recovery to taking clomid and arimidex?

How badly affected were you mentally and how long did that garbage take to resolve? Were you able to hold down a job etc during this fiasco and how was you general life quality during the first two years? Was it all hell?

Congrats again

Guys,

I do feel my symptoms were horrendous, I mean, I was hospitilized for 20 days in a mental facility. I dreamt about suicide on a daily basis for over a year, it became an obsession, and occasionally I think back to those times and say’ what the fuck ', I cant believe that was my life. I wanted to jump out of my own fucking skin, if that sounds relateable.

I had most if not all the symptoms, including changes to my penis–it looked like a 90 year old mans to be honest.

As for the Drugs, I dont put much of my recovery on them. I took Clomid 12.5 mg 3x a week for only about 4 months, spiked my T to about 600, then went off. My T went down to about 500 (which it was before taking the clomid anyways). So endocrinally speaking, I did not change in the long run.

I do live a healthier lifetstyle, I try to lift weights and be active, but honestly, who can say this is the magic formula? I mean living healthy would probably help any number of different health afflications, right?

Either way, my erections are (again, I never used to really examine and fret about it) hard as ever, (I think, bc I truly never paid attn to it before, whereas I do now).

This ordeal has not allowed me to come away unscathed however, I carry the scars on my soul (as ridiculous as that may sound) everyday. I can never forget those aweful times, thinking about jumping–literally.

But overall, I consider myself lucky to be alive. And the advantage (if you can call it that) is that I feel I can achieve anything now. I dont ‘give a fuck’ about failing anymore, bc nothing can be worse than what I went through. What WE ARE ALL GOING through

2 Likes

As for the question about taking Meds,
I literally have only taken maybe one advil for a splitting headache in the last two years.
I am done, unless its life saving, I am not interested!

Sounds like a hardcore pfs case. If you can stomach it you should tell your story on the pfs podcast.

Best wishes.

Yeah, but do you attribute much of your improvements to clomid and arimidex?

Interesting you got the changes to genital structure down below too. Anything else you think helped in terms of meds/supplements/lifestyle?