5AR fails to return to baseline levels!I found PFS on pubmed

ahh…let me see if i can summarize this…tomorrow ill perfect it and put in all the references…still i miss one connection which i couldn’t find anywhere: finasteride and foxa2

So… Consider a person with a rare subset of polimorphisms on several steps of the liver detoxification process. Let’s say:
Phase I: -/- for CYP2D6 (this leads to increased estrogen)
Phase II: -/- for GSTO1 (this metabolises a finasteride metabolite), -/- for UGT1A3(this metabolises a finasteride metabolite’s metabolite)
Others: -/- for Pregnane X Receptor (which I am btw…this is affected by fin in high dosages), -/- for SOD2 (this leads to increase of super oxide, which is a ROS), Methylation block SNPs

This very unlucky person, takes a few mgs of finasteride:

Finasteride------------->Carboxy-Finasteride---------------->Omega Oic Finasteride------------------>Omega Oic Finasteride Glucuronide
____________CYP3A4_______________________GSTO1__________________________UGT1A3

Omega Oic Finasteride Glucuronide is found in human bile.

GSTO1 reaction takes place in the mitochondria of hepatocytes. GSTO1 generates ROS.
In a person with mitochondrial detoxification polimorphisms. In this case lets consider SOD2. This leads to impaired reduction of Super Oxide because of low presence of Super Oxide Dismutase. This directly leads to higher presence of Super Oxide because it’s not being reduced properly and Super Oxide is a ROS. So this leads to increase in ROS in the mitochondria.

SOD2 -/- -->Impaired reduction of Super Oxide–>ROS accumulation in Mitochondria–>Imbalance between Antioxidats/ROS->Oxidative stress ----> Mytochondrial Dysfunction

Increased ROS in the mitochondria will decrease glutathione. This will contribute to a depletion of glutathione.

Methylation blocks will contribute to the person’s inability to replenish glutathione properly in order to go on with the correct metabolism of finasteride.

Finasteride is an inducer of GST pi in the prostate, which means it probably increases ROS and this is a compensatory mechanism. Could be that this happens as well in the liver. If so, it means finasteride increases ROS in the liver.

Increased ROS mitochondria------->Decreased Glutathione
Methylation Blocks------------------>Decreased Glutathione
Finasteride induces ROS-----------.>Decreased Glutathione

Decreased Glutathione----------------------------------------> Depleted glutathione
given enough time leads to

Depleted Glutathione------------>Problems in Krebs Cycle
leads to

A dysfunctional mitochondria cross talks with Endoplasmatic Reticulum and indirectly makes it elevate the generation of ROS. This leads to ER Stress which is involved in thousands of gene changes!!!

A dysfunctional mitochondria will create an accumulation of Carboxy Finasteride.
A high level of Carboxy Finasteride maybe (or finasteride itself???) is the factor that makes high dosage finasteride inhibit 5beta reductase.
5 beta reductase inhibition inhibits Pregnane X receptor. This in turn leads to lowered CYP3A4 expression (maybe this is helpful??)
5 beta reductase inhibition impairs bile acid synthesis.
Glucocorticoid receptor is involved in a cross talk with Pregnane X Receptor. So that dexamethasone is modulating PXR as well as GCR.

High levels of Carboxy Finasteride–>inhibition of 5beta reductase–>inhibition of PXR–>decrease of CYP3A4—>accumulation of finasteride
High levels of Carboxy Finasteride–>inhibition of 5beta reductase–>impaired bile acid synthesis---->impaired bile flow—>high bilirubin

UGT1A3 mutations can also lead to impaired bile flow which lead to high bilirubin.
Could be that a Foxa2 defect is present as well and this will lead to Bile acid homeostasis dysregulation lead to ER Stress.

Bile Acid Problems, Homeostasis Dysregulation ------------------> ER Stress
lead to

Accumulation of finasteride together with CYP2D6 -/-, will lead to higher estrogen. Higher estrogen is associated with cholestasis. Highish concentrations of finasteride in rats, sometimes leads to leydig cell hyperplasia.

ER stress ties in with the Dolichol Deprivation Theory made by TNTW, which in turn ties in with 5AR3 inhibition.
Dolichol Deprivation Theory (due to inhibition of 5AR3??)–>UnfoldedProtein Response problem—>ER Stress

ER Stress leads to Drug Induced Liver Injury. This leads to systemic ROS production and systemic oxidative stress state.

Over time the drug exits the system, and the liver recovers. But maybe somewhere along the above process of damage, some organs were damaged, some genes methylated due to ER stress and/or hormonal changes, and mitochondrias become dysfunctional, leading to a host of problems. The PXR is involved with glucocorticoids as well and maybe this lead to the adrenal problems. I won’t theorize so much more as this is obviously an impossible exercise with such few data. I will perfect this as time goes by. I’m positive liver has had much influence in our condition and I will prove it is dysfunctional upon quitting.

Ideas on how to address this (this is not an advice on what to do! Follow this at your own risk and responsibility if you want):
----> PXR agonist
----> CYP inducer
----> UGT inducer
----> P450scc inducer (still have to check this one out too…forgot)
-----> Foxa2 inducer (impossible, there’s no data in this)
-----> ER stress killer
-----> Increasing Glutathione
-----> Helping dysfunction mytochondria
-----> Helping SOD2
-----> Possibly supporting the gut, pancreas, bile (???), adrenals, thyroid…

How to know if this is working out fine:

• Check LDL and HDL for positive changes
  • Check D3 for positive changes
  • Monitorize liver enzymes and bilirubin
  • Check 3adiolG for increases and 3adiol for decreases
  • check cortisol for normalization
  • check improved thyroid function
  • check improved testestore
  • check improved estrogens

anyway, just my contribute. i’m not sure any of this makes any sense. But I will try it out. I hope when my vitamin D3 reaches 80, and my thyroid and cortisol normalise, I will solve my insomnia.

I will now buy supplements/drugs.

The pxr agonism option is very risky, i saw many horror stories with cipro a pxr agonist…worse shit than pfs so really maybe not worth the risk… If you want to try it better check if you have the risk alelle first…
Maybe dexa is a safer option and better as it also acts upon gcr…

Not even sure what to say about this. Either madness or pure genius. Either way, well done. Be nice to have one of the PFS docs look at this and see their thoughts.

1 Like

Basically my idea is that finasteride made a drug to drug interaction with itself or one of its metabolite through pregnane x receptor inhibition. This interferes with cortisone clearing, glucocorticoid signaling and vitamin D metabolisn among other things.

Any word yet from the researchers? And anyway to track down a researcher for Merck who designed finasteride in the 1990s? These guys will know the drug very well, and may be retired enough to help us. How could we find the name of a scientist who worked on this for Merck?

what an excellent idea. I don’t know, how can we find who monitorized the clinical trials?

No words from that researcher…I will email another one

The cunt that brought you fin…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._Roy_Vagelos

1 Like

I got this Poly MTHFR shit. I am doing a 23&me… Not sure if that can be used to find more methylation problems or not.

Oh and I have high DHEAs last 3 tests… And low cortisol.

I am taking T shots, Cortisol, and now l-methylfolate for the MTHFR shit. Feeling a bit better but still feel mentally altered in a bad way.

this mofo…he’s 85, probably got that far because he didn’t take the drug he made. I doubt he’ll answer emails at that age, even if we managed to get his email address.

Regarding 23andme, apparently is useful but it’s complex stuff. After 1 year I’m still digesting things. I made an analysis on paper but I need to take blood samples and those are expensive because no doctor will prescribe me them as they know shit except the 10 or 20 worst diseases they studied at univ and have easy diagnostics

I love the analysis. How will you compare your samples to your theory? Regarding supplements, before I knew I had PFS, homeopathic doctor gave me b complex, zinc, dhea and d supplements. 48 hours of amazing recovery, then crash.

Hey any word back from any on the researchers? Who did you contact? We are all desperate for answers and I think targetting these studies can’t hurt, this one especially. These guys have all looked at blood samples and perhaps tissue samples of folks damaged by a similar acting drug. Maybe they have some additional data sitting somewhere they didn’t think important at the time that is telling for us. Will it lead to a cure? Doubtful but it spreads the word and may inspire some of these researchers to further former studies. I agree this was a great find.

There’s a big old thread on cortisol management.

Just dug it up FYI as it wont show on a forum search.

Seems like cortisol management is very important, but there are people who got no benefit from supplementing it. Maybe their dosing was off or they didn’t do it for long enough. Another “one size doesn’t fit all” puzzle regarding PFS.

Did anyone buy this publication sciencedirect.com/science/ar … 6014000831?

Keen to share with my endo at next appointment if anyone has it.

I don’t have it, but this is the study they released in 2013. Would be nice if they offered course of action regarding all this mayhem.

No doctor would rightfully do this, because we’d all line up and beg them to try, but after publishing an article on this, it would give us all hope if the authors theorized potential therapies that could help us. If only someone here had access and could pick their brains. So how to right these altered levels?

I believe this was the preliminary Italian study that led to the present study on PFS launched at the University of Milan by the same group of researchers. The Uni of Milan study is trying to explain the root cause of this condition. It is the most promising study to date, although the north american studies, and all other studies for that matter, will play a critical role in solving this puzzle.

Has anyone brough this study to the foundation’s attention? or the Italian or American researchers?

Well, does anyone have their contact?