22yo, italian, 15 propecia pills, my story, help wanted.

1. Where are you from (country)?

Italy

1. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Google

1. What is your current age, height, weight?

1. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?

No, but i will

1. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?

No diet

1. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?

Hairloss

1. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?

Half a mounth

1. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?

1. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

1. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold t
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?

Propecia

1. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

1mg the first 4 days, then 0,5mg for 4 days cutting the pill, then again 1mg till the end

1. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?

I just felt something in the prostate area the first days but then went away

1. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ x] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ x] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ x] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ x] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ x] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

At the beginning i thought it was influence so i took some aspirines, maybe 3

1. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

2. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

3. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Like a lot of young men, i was to a dermatologist who gave me propecia.
Still cant believe this is happening to me.

I took propecia for half a mount. During this period in the first days i was pissing more, i could feel the prostate and was bit depressed. After that i knew about the syndrome and i stopped the drug.

In the beginning i thought it was influence so i took sone aspirine that maybe have worsened the situation.
Then, after 3/4 days, no problems and i had an orgasm while sleeping.

The problem began soon after another day. My dick seems disconnected and the prostate feeling began again. Balls seems normal, libido is down. I can feel sonetimes my neck pulsing (hypotyroidism?). I went to gym and i felt some muscle wastage. During the night i sleep an average of 3 hours. I feel really weird at all, in everything.

I went to 2 doctors and both told me TO DONT WORRY!!! Fuck them and my dermatologist.
The only thing i can do is to post here my story hoping for help!please!

I took bloodtest and i will update you soon.

My question:

A) i stopped the propecia 8 days ago, but this is the syndrome right?
B) broccoli treatment is bad for hypothyroidism but good for prostrate, what should i do?
C) i bought fish oil and started taking it after breakf, lunch,dinner, is it right?
D) i have a girfriend since i am 16, and i really dont know how to tell her? I feel i cant have sec cause my dick is dead. Small, and shrinkle.

E) after the bloodtest i will go to endocrinologist. But what should i do by myself? Gym ok, walking ok.
But i feel like i dont have lose time!

PLEASE ANSWEAR AND HELP ME! YOU GUYS ARE MY ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE TO THIS. PLEASE!! :frowning:

Yesterday i felt a lot something was wrong with prostate. i went to ER and they gave me benzo and the prescription for it.

I dont wanna take cause i saw on these forum it’s not a good choice to take benzo.

help me!

update, testicular pain for 1 hour then went away

i told this to my gf and we cried. when we used to kiss my dick was getting big in 2 seconds. yesterday after kissing her 20 minutes, my dick was still down.
still dont know how to tell this to my parents
went to ER yesterday night cause my prostate is getting worse and they gave me benzo to sleep, it maybe helped to sleep but i think im not gonna take it again cause i read it worsen the situation

i bought vitD3, K, fish oil and magnesium like i read on the forum but it is so confused, i’d like someone to tell me what to do

I feel so bad, i think im screwed

i have to add: some disturb in balls, always tired and suicidal.

ANYONE HELP?

Stay calm, you took finasteride for a very short time and you just stopped taking it, you still have good chances that the side effects will go away soon.

Please stay calm. Right now you are so anxious that it is not the moment for sex. You can’t compare your erection right now to how it was before propecia, because you are going through a lot of anxiety. Anxiety kills erections. Trust me, things will improve and you will recover. Stay calm, you took only for 15 days, the odds are on your side.
I think the benzo to sleep is good, it will help you with the anxiety too. Which kind of benzodiazepine did they prescribe to you?

You need to calm down, sleep well, exercise and wait. Time is the best medication to heal. Your body will balance again, but if you stay in a desperate mode, it will be much harder for your body to recover.

this is worst than dead itself

and my hair now are to thick… fuck…

Had suicidal thoughts but thanks to my gf they went away.
Prostate pain is gone, and im feeling positive, no brain fog, less depression, improved sleep but still waking up 3/4 times during the night.
Bad news is that ofc i havent improved in ED during these days and i am wasting my legs fats, my muscles dont pump when work in the gym, my hairs dont fall anymore and i fell some fatigue.

Are these symptoms a worse type of PFS?

The only thing i can do now is to stay positive, thinking that although i took this deadly pill im still here.
I felt the worst thing a young man can feel, we all experienced the hell. And there is nothing worst. That’s why we can only improve from this situation.

Today or tomo i will have blood results and i will post here, so please help me because here in Italy doctors are really arrogants, stupid and dont really care about patients.

Best luck to everyone

blood work:

free testosterone: 20,2 (5,6-40)
DHT: 715 (300-1200)
FSH: 6,18 (1,5-12,4)
LH: 3,96 (1,7-8,6)
TSH: 6,18 (1,5-12,4)
DHEA: 8,40 (1,8-12,5)
androstenediol glucoronide (3alfa-diolG): 2,7 (3,4-22)
DELTA 4 Androstenedione: 3,83 (0,6-3,1)
prolattina: 9,0 (4.04-15,2)

anybody help please?

Queg,
I pretty much had the same results. Everything seemed normal, but below range 3aDiol. I’m currently 23 months off finasteride and my last 3aDiol result was way better. I’m having sex urges every now and then and things are slowly becoming normal again.

So, my suggestion to you would be chill out, try to keep your mind occupied with good stuff. Things will get better with enough time. Don’t panic, live a healthy life, work out, etc etc etc…

thank you very much for the answer man,
in fact at the beginning i was really scared!! now im trying to chill out. it’s 20 days from stopping.

things seem to improve, i feel more human, happy and less stressed. i also have good erections during day and night as well as in the morning and libido is also enough. i feel relaxed but my prostate was hit hard i think, sometimes i have pain in there and i go to pee 7/8 times in a day and the urine is almost white. i pray god is not the chronic or worst. i wont manage it.
i dont wanna go to urologists for that because now i dont believe them anymore. they just give you shit like antibiotics without any care besides you tell them that you took fina and that have may caused protatitis. I would like to try some natural therapy for the prostate.

also the sleep is not improved, i wake up during the night and cant sleep more than 5/6 hours. i take rhodiola rosea for that, also during the day. hope it will fix because now at 6pm i feel very sleepy.

i’v lost 6 kilos of fat in 20 days and my muscles are kinda weak too. hair seems to fall less. i dont sweat. maybe this is because i was very stressed or hormonal imbalance?
by the way, according to what is written in this blog, i also take fish oil and vit d. dont know if they are helping. the only thing that is really helping me is the support from my girlfriend.

will update

and sorry for my english :wink:

The prostate pain became so stressfull. I almost can’t handle this.

ANYONE FIXED PROSTATITIS ISSUE? Only just a bit?
Please tell me what to do.

Hang in there. I’m also new to this. I had only two dosage of proscar (2.5 mg) per day for only two days and I’m already having complete impotence. Its only been 2 days since I stopped the poison, so I’m also praying I’ll improve.

I suggest you not take benzos. Addiction develops after just a few consecutive days of taking them. Then you will need ever increasing dosages to get to sleep at all. Anything the calms anxiety (anxiolytic) and induces sleep produces raging anxiety and insomnia if you don’t get ever increasing amounts. There are drugs called “non benzos” they claim are safe, but they’re equally dangerous.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiaze … l_syndrome

It’s like a rollercoaster. Up and Down. Feel good and feel dead. I would like someone email me and tell me what to do

I had major prostate issues after quitting propecia.

The things that helped me most were:

1. Walking (at least one hour of walking per day) as it helps to relax the prostate.
  2. Brocolli treatment for around 2 to 3 weeks:-
    chronicprostatitis.com/broccoli.html
  3. Drinking regular cups of tea throughout the day helped with reducing stress levels.

Hang in there and please keep us updated.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO IMPROVE AND START TO FIX THE SLEEPING PROBLEM? is getting really bad, i dont wanna take drugs

Trying taking some calcium supplement 1 hour before you go to sleep. It’ll help calm your nerves.
Try eating clams as well. It’ll help your liver to recover.

Thanks man, and how are you now?

Italian doctors are crazy, mine didnt want to check for PSA and she wanted me to take SERENOA REPENS for prostate problem, HOLY SH*T !!!