Yellow card scheme

I know this has been pushed in the past but ahead if an appointment tomorrow I’ve been doing some research "comes to something when we have to explore all avenues of questioning when seeing a medical professional about PFS. I recently had a terrible experience with a dismissive consultant.

Anyway I’m going to ask for them to report my symptoms via the yellow card scheme. It is a legal requirement for these to be completed if a patient makes such a request after reporting off label sides

Additionally if you flag these to the pharmaceutical company it is also a legal requirement for them. I recently mailed my list to Merck they confirmed they forwarded them to the FDA.

I urge everyone on here to do this whilst also requesting confirmation of an onward send.

There is no reason at all why everyone on here should not do this. It is within everyone’s capability.

This could give rise/legs to getting a change to the current labelling of propecia and would give weight to any future actions we take to further our cause.

Mercks mail address is on the net. I mailed Kenneth direct. His mail address is also on line.

It would be good if you could confirm on this thread when you’ve carried out such actions to both your health professionals and Merck or at least one of them.

This is something we should do as a standard when seeing anyone new in the medical field.

It will help in getting this God damn disease recognised. I.e. down the line how would it look if nothing had been done when there were so many off label sides reported.

Please guys let’s do this, so many are frustrated with the lack of progress . Doing your bit to push the boulder up the hill will at least be something. The more weight behind it the easier the push.

Making Merck uncomfortable wouldn’t be a bad thing either. They deserve the wrath of God for what they’ve done to so many.

3 Likes

Is this ‘yellow card’ scheme global? Can you include a link to some more info on how to submit?

Unfortunately it’s UK @M_C
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwii7cbmqYDuAhVVRRUIHZ5xDlAQFjAAegQIERAD&usg=AOvVaw0AVvfqACjy5YTFGZScXxFN&cshid=1609696366818

I believe every country has their own version. There is no reason why everyone can’t go via the Merck route at least and as said it’s a legal requirement.
Mr Frazer’s mail address,
ken.frazier@merck.com

1 Like

@LazarusRy is absolutely right. Everyone should report their side effects to the authorities. We cannot expect them to hear us, if we don’t make our voices heard.

Please find resources for most countries here: https://www.propeciahelp.com/report-your-propecia-side-effects-to-drug-regulatory-agencies/

3 Likes

@Northern_Star excellent stuff thanks for providing the link. Cheers

100% this is the kind of easy task everyone here could do and is exactly the kind of thing we all should do.

Bravo Ry.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for this info! It’s a shame the FDA is too backward to make mandatory ADR reporting upon request a requirement of doctors.

You may want to confirm Merck’s reporting of the data. Roche had a nasty habit of sitting on ADR report data from Accutane for years before turning it over to regulators, only after it was demanded of them.

1 Like

@Dubya_B Their Director of litigation confirmed the action. For some reason I’m not in the least bit convinced. I’ve done what I can. Hopefully others on here will follow suit. If we get them to court one day we’ll find out if they simply filed them away despite stating otherwise. I’ve got the mail trail.

1 Like