Yawning frequency

I have noticed a change in my yawning since I got PFS and wonder if it’s common or not.

Generally before I used finasteride I would yawn quite a lot. Especially when bored / tired.

Now I almost never yawn. I almost never feel “tired” either and I’m thinking it might be related.

Anyone else noticed changes in your yawning behavior?

1 Like

No change for me

1 Like

I have noticed a change in yawning too. I do yawn less often and when I do it somehow doesn’t feel complete or satisfying.

2 Likes

So how is yawning less during the day exactly impacting your life in any meaningful negative capacity?

People are contemplating suicide on a regular basis due to symptoms in a range of severity that ‘yawning frequency’ is very far removed from. Osteoporosis, severe cognitive disabilities, severe depression, complete impotence, the list of symptoms that severely impact people’s lives goes on and on.

Imagine being a doctor having a patient on their wing worried about ‘yawning less during the day’ and feel obligated to take them seriously when you’d rather yeet them straight out the window and focus on the the other person having the actual heart attack.

Can you imagine this type of discussion about essentially non-issues gives the impression (and legit fuel to opponents) that patients are more interested in talking about anything at all, no matter how minute or far-fetched, suggesting that perhaps it’s for the sake of having something to talk about or to feel heard, rather than having anything to actually be worried about?

1 Like

My post doesn’t take anything away from discussion about more severe symptoms. I’m merely trying to figure out if Fin could impact yawning behavior as I searched for it and it hasn’t been discussed much.

Almost all vertebra yawn so it can be labeled as a core feature, since it’s so widespread it’s likely to have some benefits to it.

Also this is not a doctors appointment, but a discussion board. The study about yawning even has it’s own “wing” in science called “chasmology” so it’s not like the medical field is totally uninterested in the subject either.

It’s not so much the yawn itself I’m interested in, but rather the underlying factor to not yawning.

3 Likes

I have experienced this scenario after trying to share observations about benign changes/symptoms such as loss of sweating under armpits, scalp going from greasy to dry, and sebum plugs being pushed out “automatically” when I crashed.

It was meant as supplementary information that may help with a diagnosis, rather than a complaint or worry. The doctor in question literally said something along the lines of “So, what are you complaining about?”, totally ignoring the fact that these changes were temporally associated with the “PFS-like” symptoms.

I think @Cbrandel is simply trying to share observations about what’s different with his physiology before/after.

1 Like

Same shit here man. Happened when I talked about the pronounced veins on my shrunken genitals… “veins are normal, what is the complaint”. It’s very difficult to get them to actually listen to you.

2 Likes

Yawning is a sign of pleasure coming down getting tiered for a peaceful sleep in a pleasurefull life. Dad yawning, mom yawning, childs Yyawning, cats yawning, family goes peacefully to bed.

People sitting together in the advents time. Feeling the candle lights the peaceful music , the childs joy for x-mas.

The summer nights, city is crowded with people feel the alcohol flash, laughing, stoned guys in Amsterdam rolling up on the floor under the bong at the table, horny guys hooking through the red light district,

Yawning, pheromones, buzzing, laughing, weed, hooking, basic feelings the pharma cartels Merck and FDA and WHO has stolen from us for profit with dirty money, veins on destroyed penis, stolen masculine odor from a muscular body, I think you can talk about.

2 Likes

I also have those weird pronounced veins on my genitals… feels rubbery too. We need to get to the bottom of this asap!

1 Like

I think @Cbrandel is simply trying to share observations about what’s different with his physiology before/after.

100%, and I agree that patients should feel totally comfortable to share their experiences, even if they aren’t severe.

1 Like

Yes, I notice that and also can relate with the fact that I NEVER feel tired, like that sensation to take a nap, I literally didn’t take one single nap in all this time. It’s very very rare for me to yawn after this shit. Jesus, they could even take a yawn away from me, what the fuck is happening here

1 Like