WSJ: "Finasteride May Produce More Than Hair for Some"

Imagine a feature article, in one of America’s largest and most influential newspapers, about cigarette smoking, but without a single mention of lung cancer. Impossible? Yet the article about finasteride (“My So-Bald Life,” Off Duty, Feb. 22) is absent of any reference to post-finasteride syndrome (PFS). The article reports in near-glowing terms on a crop of telemed startups that allow millennial males to obtain the prescription medication with ease via mobile phones. Meanwhile, we get an average of 45 new PFS patients a month banging on our digital door from across the globe, up 462% since 2018. Desperately seeking help and often suicidal, they complain of sexual dysfunction, cognitive dysfunction and a host of other persistent side effects that define PFS, to say nothing of their decimated social lives and crumbling economic straits.

Their symptoms are validated by an emerging body of medical literature in journals ranging from the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology to Pharmacology, all of which are prominently housed on our website. An ever-growing number of these patients inform us that they were prescribed finasteride, virtually, by Hims, Keeps or Roman. And virtually without warning of PFS.

Philip Roberts

Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation

11 Likes

Glad to see the PFS Foundation reply to the WSJ on these outfits selling fin via their apps. I see the ads on TV all the time and think of how appealing it must sound to someone who doesn’t know about PFS. Interestingly when I see other pharmaceutical ads on TV they list the side effects at the end of the ad. They don’t do that with these ads. Must have a loophole that if they don’t mention the drug by name they don’t have to list the side effects, which in this case means PFS.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Happy to see Phil get a message through about PFS and that they printed it.

1 Like

I think it would be a great idea to make an advertisement in WSJ to source crowdfunding from compassionate people or silent (or have yet to correlate) sufferers that may be wealthy.

1 Like