Writing a letter to your MP

Guys, I am planning to write a letter to my MP comparing about the drug. I think you should do the same, as they will have to respond to your letters.
Also an idea to write a group letter to Health Secretary. Please let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Hi,

Yeah, was thinking about writing a letter with others to Health Secretary. Me and couple other PSSD sufferers wrote to our MPs last year. They want to get together and do something about it, but of course Brexit and Covid are delaying it.

2 Likes

Yes Telpek excellent, the health secretary will have to respond and the more guys that stand behind a group letter the better saying they’ve been effected will only add weight. Strength in numbers. EVERYONE should be up for this

2 Likes

I spoke to @telpek about this before he posted the topic.

Can I suggest that those of you keen to write to the Health Secretary consider that he is probably busier than any Health Secretary has been in the last 50 years.

If you’re going to write a letter, it might be more appropriate to write to your MP. They should be more likely to read your letter and having an mp campaigning on your behalf to the health secretary is probably more useful.

Of course write to whoever you wish. I’m not telling you what to do.

Just want to chime in to say that a handful of people (probably less than a dozen) writing emails to a few MPs led to Parliament discussion regarding the potential dangers of Accutane that is still having an effect today:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-03-07/debates/50B8D4FD-6708-4008-9A49-000CC124961D/Accutane

It would be great if finasteride victims voiced their concerns too.

2 Likes