Would you know if you had a CRASH?

Is this crash the type of thing where you would sure fire know you had one? Specifically mental side effects.

Honestly I don’t feel like I ever had a mental crash. I get depressed because I have sexual side effects and I get anxiety because I don’t perform as well as I used to. But its not like I walk into a store and feel like the world is about to explode.

Would you know if you experienced a mental crash? Is this something you’d have to ask yourself if you got it?

My first crash changed me physically.
I woke up with digestive issues and flu-like symptoms.
My muscle tone goes away and I developed abdominal distension and bad digestion.
My second crash happened during sleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme anxiety and racing heart and I developed insomnia.
This second crash is like mental crash.
Anxiety destroys your skills to focus and concentrate, anxiety is correlated to memory impairment and depression.

1 Like

How far into quitting the drug were you when the second crash happened? Has the ability to sleep gotten better?

First crash happened two weeks after discontinuing drug (saw palmetto extract).
I reused saw palmetto extract for about a year (at the time I didn’t know about pfs) and the second crash happened exactly one month after discontinuing drug.
Until the second crash my sleep was perfect.
After the second crash I developed extreme anxiety and insomnia.

Let me share my experience:
1st crash: 1 year after of taking the drug - insomnia, always cannot sleep until 02:00am, I HAVE TO wake up at 6:30am! But I am very silly, I don’t know I was CRASHED!
2nd crash: 2 years after taking the drug, I felt exhausted and flu-like. But I am very stupid, I don’t know i was CRASHED!
3rd crash: 5 years after taking the poison! I felt serious joint pain in both knees…Finally, I knew that it is a crash! But I do think that it’s is too late for me…because I now have difficulty even in walk!

I have also difficulty to walk.
I have developed poor balance.

Hi Andrea,

Do you have joint pain (Knee pain)? I have serious pain in both knees, I consulted a doctor before and he advised me to do more practice on quadricep. However, it seems that no improvement until now. I am worry whether they will get worse later…

I have no joint pain but my legs are very weak, especially under knees.

The day I crashed I literally couldnt walk anymore. I tried to run but my legs just didnt work, I could only walk very slow no matter how hard I tried lol. Fucking ridicilous. But luckily only lasted few days.

Yeah.
Coordination is correlated with cerebellum and spinal cord.
It’s unbelievable that a common prescription for hair loss can do this!

1 Like

The doctor did not told me about this fxxking side effect! If I know, I must not taking it! The side effect still exists after 4 months stopping the drug and make me very worrying!

You would definitely know if you had a crash in the same way you would definitely know if you survived getting hit by a train.

Someone recently described it as feeling fine one day, then feeling worse than you ever thought possible the next. Sounds appropriate.

I went from feeling very energetic for the ~18 hours I would be awake during a given day, and very horny and happy, to panic attacks several times a day as if someone had a gun to my head, waking up in the middle of the night sweating profusely with tremors and hot flashes, having body-wide pain (flu-like) and barely being able to force myself to get out of bed in the mornings, then slamming into walls on the way to dribble out the first bit of urine of the day. This paved the way for a day at work or school feeling as if I could barely hold myself upright. This is was also in addition to feeling like part of my brain/soul/personality died and feeling like the connection between my brain and penis was severed/removed. It took less than 24 hours to become something completely different than what I was before.

It was pure Hell and I thought I had been poisoned or developed cancer and was going to eventually die from whatever was happening. …I was poisoned, in a way.

If you have to ask, then you didn’t crash, but might have developed side-effects (or withdrawal effects) slowly.
Some people describe going through a spell of bad symptoms, or having one or two new ones emerge, as a crash. …Not even close.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I can’t even remember if I had a crash as such as my memories shot, but i remember symthoms appearing one by one.
One day feeling very frail and week but can’t be sure if it was a crash as such, it’s hard to remember when i wasn’t like this which is annoying, even though it’s only been about a year now. I presume not eveyone with PFS crashes then?

A crash implies something abrupt and violent/extreme. Some seem to ease their way into side-effects, slowly drifting downward, until they reach rock-bottom.

1 Like