Would anyone be open to starting an in person community?

Hello everyone

I’ve been suffering from PFS for 10 years. It’s been a tough 10 years, but what made it tougher was just feeling like there was no one that could relate to what I was going through. I confided in a handful of really good friends, but we all know they can’t really understand this, only we can.

In recent years a lot of my symptoms have gotten better (but I’m still a sufferer) and I have gotten to the point where I’m ready to start trying to live again and not just survive from day to day. I have my close friends but I really want to branch out and make my life better. That definitely means more relationships. I was thinking about how hard it is to make friends (particularly at 40!) and i started thinking about communities I could be a part of and I thought about you all. We have a shared experience that no one else can relate to.

So to put it out there, would anyone be interested in trying to establish some kind of social/support community? I’m not sure if anyone has tried this before. And I know until recently the thought of acknowledging this part of my life to anyone in real life was terrifying. But if we can overcome that fear and the hopelessness of PFS, maybe we can establish something we could all benefit from.

If this isn’t the right time for it, I can accept that. I’m in the Los Angeles area. Just let me know if you’re interested, either in this thread or through private message. Thanks!

6 Likes

I would have been up for this ….I was in Los Angeles for 7 years and was living there when I first got PFS.
I’ve come back to UK now!

I met up with @Ukguy82 for a couple of coffees a while back in London (UK)

I think a regular group meet could be positive.

I know one was spoken about a while ago.

2 Likes

Let me know if you guys do this again….I’d like to join !

1 Like

I’ve often considered finding some sort of relevant group therapy session, just to vent to people who can somewhat relate. I didn’t feel as alone when I was living with someone who had severe ptsd for example.

I live in Northrhine Westphalia near Colongne and Düsseldorf. 10 Million people live in this Rhine Ruhrgebiet area. Up to now it has been impossible to establish a local meeting group with pfs and pssd sufferers. My other German fellows live in other federal states. Even to get some new local online connections is quite impossible.

The experiment of a venting group for let out feelings failed too. Every other group, not strict determined and admistered as initiative with online meetings or fundrise with monthly donations mutates to the standard “Hamster Wheeling” injection self experience chat as we have for 20 years now.

Would be nice to meet some more open minded pfs hamsters breaking out the Wheeling Circle and telling the truth.

1 Like

I saw that you have had PFS for many years, what can you list that you have improved in 10 years?

Hey I’ve tried to do this before. I would like to do it

Hi just wanted to check if this message was addressed to me, if it was I have written pretty recently (as in the last couple of years) about my improvements in the discussions about dating. I don’t post much so it won’t be hard to find my posts in my history. But yes there are dramatic improvements over the worst of times and times where I feel almost recovered and I’m having more frequent temporary recoveries. But there are times like right now where I don’t feel as good and where I’m just frustrated that I’m not fully recovered yet

Even teams or zoom meetings could be a good idea really hash this condition out

A group of us meet every other Sunday to discuss initiatives and action taking. Wanna join?

Cool when’s the next one