Worse after masturbation?

HI guys, another question. Anyone crash / feel worse after masturbation? I masturbated twice in a day and it felt like my balls were empty, then the suicide ideation came in the evening and I couldn’t sleep. Don’t know if it was just a coincidence but wondering about your own experiences…

2 Likes

Absolutely 100% makes it worse. It depletes the little bit of libido that you have and makes numbness way worse for me.

DO NOT CUM

2 Likes

Yeah im general I would abstain from it, I feel the best when I don’t for long periods of time. It’s not worth it IMO.
Don’t know if sex counts, probably, but it’s not like we are getting that, right? Lol

1 Like

I’ve found that masturbating days back to back is a problem, certainly wouldn’t go twice in one day. From reports here I have a theory that masturbation after fin stoppage is a PFS trigger. Not 1:1 obviously it’s possible to stop fin and masturbate without getting PFS. But for those at the tipping point maybe. I’ll put this out here again…has anyone gotten PFS without masturbating between stopping fin and the onset of symptoms?

2 Likes

Yeah sucks, will I be able to recover from where I was at?

Always keep this in mind, recovery is always possible, it has happened, it can happen to you.
However, you must certainly put some investement, it’s not (only) a miracle, while time is the biggest factor it seems, there are a couple of life-style changes I would reccomend to avoid worsening or getting stuck at where you are.

• Firstly, live as healthy as you can, don’t eat sugary or highly processed foods, exercise daily if possible, and make sure you keep mentally active and social.
  • Secondly, avoid any kind of drugs like the plague. Seriously, I don’t think it’s worth it to experiment in yourself unless you are a serious case and you really want to risk it gambling. Recovery may come with only the first thing and a bit of patience.
  • Third, last thing also includes antidepressants. I’m not a doctor, but I would avoid them too and if you are on them right now I would cut them off, not so much because they might worsen your symptoms, but because they can generate a dependency (AD are a common factor among tragedies here)
  • Fourth, yeah, I would reccomend avoiding mastrubation too, since doing so releases testosterone in the long term. You don’t want to stress your androgen receptors even more.
  • Finally, accept your syntomps and work accordingly, keep moving, don’t look back.
2 Likes

Lol, that happened to me too.
Or maybe is not that masturbation triggers PFS symptoms, but before PFS kicks in, your body becomes temporally more sexually active. That could be another interpretation of at least my case (especially considering I got some side effects while I was taking it)

I had on-drug sides too but I have yet to read a single case of purely POST finasteride symptoms not preceded by masturbation. I’ve put the question out there twice and got no contrary reports.
That said, a followup question is how long after fin stoppage did you masturbate and how long after that did PFS start. My answer is a week after stoppage and PFS hit two days later.

1 Like

Either my theory is too stupid to respond to or I’m on to something. If the latter, this might be useful for future researchers trying to trigger post-fin symptoms in a lab setting. I think the mechanism would be different from persistent on-drug sides. My as yet unfalsified theory includes cycles of start/stop/restart/stop and masturbation after stop. The only unknown right now is any commonality or limit to the timeframe involved. Researchers could trial and error this but a starting point from patient reports would be helpful.

2 Likes