Wondering if this gel is safe

I would really appreciate if anyone well verse in what can lead to PFS would be able to tell me if this gel i was given has anything in it thats risky. I personally crashed from Saw Palmetto.

Ingredient list:
Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Curcuma Longa Callus Conditioned Media, Biotin, Arginine, Gluconolactone, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Panthenol, Pca, Sodium PCA, Serine, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Gluconate, Sodium Lactate, Denatonium Benzoate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Aspartic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

What is this gel and for what is it used for?

1 Like

I was given it for Christmas. Its a beard growing gel by copenhagen grooming. I looked at all of their reviews and i can’t see any mention of any side effects. No one seems to have reported any.

I’m going to guess at how that might work and then guess that this is not the product for members of this forum to use.

1 Like

The ingredient list u mentioned seems fine to me, idk, i am really skeptical of using any cosmetic product, i am even skeptical about whether i should use a sunscreen or not. The bathing soap i used few months back used to give me brain fog for an hour.

1 Like

Probably a safe assumption. I was going to just give it to a relative but i don’t of course want to cause them any potential harm. From what their site says…
“Biotin and Capilia Longa. Micro-needling will help these get deeply absorbed in the follicles and optimize the boost of new hair growth”
I imagine it might be ok for a non PFS patient i suppose?

I suspect you’re right that it’s probably fine for someone who hasn’t had the kinds of problems we’ve had, BUT also worth noting that people who are related have had the same problems around here (though some have not), so it’s difficult to say.

For the sake of (what I assume is an inexpensive) gift, I’d probably err on the side of caution.

Boring answer, I know

1 Like