Will trazadone complete my unusual “reverse Titanic” PFS voyage?

Quirky title got your attention? I shoplifted that phrase from a story trashing sleazoid Trump!

Anyways, see my prior threads for my full recovery history. Briefly, I luckily naturally 1000% recovered from “worst case scenario” PFS in 2.5 years (Dec 14 - June 17) including total emotional and sexual dysfunction plus numerous other traumatic maladies EXCEPT profound sleep dysfunction has continued unabated since June 2014!

Literally, I have very rarely slept unconsciously in almost SIX YEARS. Here is a sample two week summary of a two week period earlier this year:

TWO prescription regimens were recommended:

• risparidone + nortriptylin (worked perfectly for 1.5 years then stopped)
  • Belsomra - worked poorly over a year

After disastrously foregoing drugs since June 2019, a top sleep doc (Richard Waldhorn) just prescribed trazodone. Worked great last night and I haven’t been sleepy all day (I normally take 2-3 “rest naps”).

I’ll update this thread periodically.

I hope YOU take a “reverse titanic” PFS voyage too!

Just to make sure; you are aware about post ssri’s sexual dysfunction?

1 Like

I and many others here believe we got our problems from Trazodone. It basically one of about 5 drugs that cause “PFS” (Propecia, Accutane, Saw Palmetto, SSRIs like Prozac, and Trazodone). I would be very careful if I were you. I initially was on benzo to assist sleep while on Welbutrin. Switched from benzo to Trazodone in order to avoid long term damage from benzo. Immediately lost all libido and penile sensation. Eight years and counting still don’t have them back.

Trazadone brought me new permanent symptoms ie night sweats and nerve damage. Be very cautious

What nerve damage did you get?

Pins and needles in limbs and face.cold limbs and in the extremeties, lost the feeling in hands and feet.

Did you have any nerve testing performed or is it your own assessment that what you have is permanent nerve damage?

My own assessment, trazadone brought on these new sides

It would be nice if you got testing so you could tell people it is a fact and people here widely had facts. When we don’t have evidence we just get dismissed at hypochondriacs or having psychosomatic symptoms. All you need for testing is to visit a neurologist.

1 Like

I had a friend without PFS recently go to the hospital with a priapism after taking trazodone. He was genuinely concerned about losing his manhood.

IMO, it isn’t a safe drug, whether you are prone to PFS or not and would look for other alternatives.

1 Like

The thing is absolutely nothing shows up in tests so like many I’ve given up on trying to convince the many doctors I’ve seen.

If you have nerve damage it shows up in tests. Nerve conduction tests.

Ok mate I’ll ask next time I’m at hospital