Why there is no recovery section?

No need to be like that.

1 Like

Crippling is just an adjective I’ve used to describe my anhedonia.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this is what happened to me, too. In the eight months since I stopped taking the medication, I have real muscle atrophy, bones in my limbs are becoming more and more visible, my gums are receding and bleeding, and the tissue in the palms and balls of my feet is gone. Having difficulty moving their limbs, I don’t think people who recover have these physical symptoms, they don’t have real muscle atrophy, or they just lose weight. They may not actually have PFS, or they may only have mild symptoms.

What you’ve described I also now have. I had muscle loss 15 years ago with pfs. BUT not to the extent that I now have it. Further deterioration in recent years has brought it to a new level. Basically I agreeing with the point your trying to make.

Oh, my God. Muscle atrophy 15 years ago? How can you lose it for so long, I’m shrinking at a rate that scares me every day, it’s shrinking so fast, I think in six months or 10 months, I’ll be in a wheelchair, the muscle atrophy is making my joints ache, I’m like an ALS patient, not long

It’s an interesting thought. I have the same symptoms as you and even within the community wastage doesn’t seem to be fully understood by those not suffering from it. Dick PFS and wastage PFS can’t be the same thing right? Not to say one is PFS and the other isn’t but they seem to be very different conditions. And I’m pretty sure PSSD is the same in this regard.

Do we die of muscular atrophy? Or will it be paralyzed? Will the atrophy stop?

I don’t think anyone’s died directly from it. Honestly, if it killed us the medical community would take notice.

Won’t die, but will you be in a vegetative state and need a carer? I am very worried, I am still very young, I don’t want to be able to take care of myself in the future, I pray that I don’t need a full recovery, just hope that he can let me have the ability to take care of myself, I am satisfied. I heard that people with muscle atrophy can’t take care of themselves in the later stage, such as ALS, and I was scared

U do not have ALS. The wastage stopped 15 years ago. This was repeated many times over the years

Sorry for my poor English, I don’t quite understand what you mean when you say that atrophy stopped 15 years ago. I think repeated drug use accelerated my atrophy. I didn’t notice that atrophy stopped 8 months after the last drug withdrawal, and I started the drug 4 times in 2 years.

Don’t worry, i took fin on and off for years unaware of pfs. Looking back I remember losing some strength within weeks that was over 20 years ago. I also believe I improved at times over the years. The biggest and most damaging crash was last March from suncream however I was already very bad ad this point. Don’t give up hope things will probably settle down. No one has been paralysed. Its a loss of skeletal muscle and connective tissue. It will not kill you despite it being an unbelievably damaging disease in so many ways. We can survive

I can barely walk now from it…only short distancees and can’t climb or decend stairs very well…I’m about to lose my job from it because I can’t walk around the building/plant anymore…

Now, 4 months after I first started using finasteride, I noticed my arms were thinner, I thought I was thinner, I didn’t know there was pfs, I only heard the doctor said there would be sexual side effects, my girlfriend and I could have normal sex, so I used it again and again for the next two years. It wasn’t until last May, when I used the drug for the fourth time, that I got worse. This time, my arm became thin quickly, and I was tired easily because I had no strength.

Give this a watch i found the the actual film very moving and a lot of it is very relatable. Bringing peace to our situation can help

1 Like