Why there is no recovery section?

Hi all, when PFS first strike me, I feel desperate and suicidal, and then I search for recovery cases desperately and read tens of recovery stories, like Chi, Mens Rea, 12345, anonymous1968… It really helped me to keep going. Why don’t we just create a session full of credible recovery stories, it will be super helpful and give hope for those who is still in early stage and feel desperate and suicidal.

This forum used to have a recovery section but the admins have changed their perspective on what they want this forum to represent. PFS recovery, or at least improvement, is still absolutely possible.

1 Like

Why did the admins remove the recovery section? They don’t like recovery stories?

Most of the recoveries were of hypogonads who had low Testosterone, they boosted their Testosterone and thats it, a happy ending. Unfortunately, a legit PFS case is not that simple as we (atleast me) don’t respond to any kind of hormones unlike these so called recoveries did.

And that guy “chi” used to do hill sprints with this debilitating condition like PFS where i have almost lost my balance while walking, most probably a hypochondriac.

The other reason is many tried to replicate those so called recoveries and got totally disabled out of it… so such charlatans can’t be decorated for the safety of others. I hope u got ur answer.

6 Likes

Because the truth is that recovery from PFS is not possible at the moment because we don’t know what it is. If this site endorses those recovery stories then why would we even be here if they worked?

The truth is they’re not real.
They’re either fabricated stories by people who for whatever reason have lied or incorrectly stated their findings. ​Or they are stories where the person believed to be recovered for a while but then really wasn’t but never bothered to correct their earlier statements.

Whatever it is, don’t put your hope in them because they are not believable. In any case, they make us look like we don’t have real problems because apparently some standard procedures and holistic attempts can cure us. People can endlessly squabble about dosages and exact methods but ultimately it’s futile.

If you really want/need to hold on to a false promise I’m sure you can find some miraculous recovery protocols somewhere else. I feel we should not endorse them because they are fabrications, anecdotal at best, and without evidence of efficiency.

I used to be like you, holding on to hope that someone might figure something out, but it just won’t happen. I’ve kind of let go of that by now. I think it’s a good decision that they removed the category. I think if you search the forum you can still find those old threads if you really wanted to, so it’s not entirely gone.

Instead, what will really help us and what we need is research, so save some of your money, because collectively we are going to need every penny soon if we want real research with real results.
It will rule out a lot of bullshit and make everyone’s lives easier.

I’m sure the admins will keep us updated. Stay strong and start saving up.

7 Likes

Honestly, I don’t get this. There are in fact many recovery stories. People with debilitating symptoms for years who have recovered. I’ve got a whole collection of them saved. What gives you any ground to claim they are fabricated? Just because we don’t understand the pathology or cannot replicate a recovery protocol or do not endorse a protocol (I’m not saying we should), doesn’t mean they are fake.

Fuck this. We are all suffering tremendously. Don’t tell us to give up all hope too. That’s a one way ticket to the Abyss for me.

8 Likes

It has nothing to do with logic.

One of the coping mechanisms people use when they are desperate, is to find desperation everywhere so they feel less alone. Frankly, in my worst days I do that too at times.

People have recovered. The forum is heavily biased against any sort of recovery that takes place after the 1 year mark and any treatment which is not a genetic treatment (meaning: any treatment).

The magnitude of this has reached ridiculous proportions I believe.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that this bias also exists against any recovery before the 1 year mark. Because that’s just natural recovery or not “true pfs”, whatever that means.

All I see is people recover within all kinds of timeframes. Weeks, months, years. And all kind of seemingly irreversible symptoms reverse. So it is possible and it does happen. It’s so critical we acknowledge this.

1 Like

Probably this disease is more attractive to researcher if labeled irreversible.

I’m just guessing, who knows.

Anyway, as long as we don’t come up with a test or a series of test that can give us ad objective diagnosis, to talk about getting PFS or healing from PFS is pointless.

Lots of assumptions here my dudes.

A) I never said the condition was irreversible
B) I’m not telling you to give up hope.

I’m merely suggesting that you be reasonable. A little skepticism on these recovery stories (that sometimes outright contradict each other), is healthy. It’s not pessimism, it’s not doom and gloom. It’s a clear and resolute choice and a positive attitude towards a real tangible chance at finding something that actually works, which we are only going to achieve through acknowledgement of the medical community and real research into actual PFS patients, instead of looking at random research papers on finasteride, or trying to endlessly stuff ourselves with completely random supplements based on some amateur theorymongering.

When certain approaches simply do not work, it is a progressive act to reject them and try something else. It’s progress. It means you rule things out.

You are free to do look up recovery stories of course if that makes you feel better, but I feel there is reason to move on, and accept the facts as they present themselves.

I can’t meticulously disprove every single one of these recovery stories of course. I can’t look into the mind of whoever wrote it down. But I’m pretty certain that if any of them were truly correct, we would have jumped on at least one of them and produced a good track record by now, which flatout hasn’t happened as far as I know.

But the original point of OP was asking why the category isn’t here, and I think the question has been answered. The recovery stories are still there for those who want to find them, so rejoice, and stop booboo-ing the staff for being reasonable.

You did, however, categorically say that “recovery from PFS is not possible at the moment” and that recovery stories are “not real”, “fabricated by people who have lied” or by people who never really recovered and failed to correct their earlier statement.

I am not saying to put faith in recovery protocols, I am also not saying to be unrealistic. I am saying to put faith in people who say they have recovered. To put them away as fabrications is, in my honest opinion, creating a lot of unneeded fear and hopelessness in many users, including me.

Again, I am not talking about the protocols. I am talking about the simple fact that people recover. Recovery is possible, even though we do not know how.

I used to think something similar, that I needed the recovery stories in order to have some hope. I think I made a post like that not too long ago actually. But I realize now it is entirely your own choice to see it that way. I don’t see fear and hopelessness in the rejection of unfruitful and incorrect things and focusing on productive things. There is actually a lot more hope in that, than in hoping some anonymous internet rando has got it all figured out for us.

Sounds more like some theatrical little drama you concocted in your head while projecting. Believe it or not, I am not this nefarious gloomy villain who wants “the world to suffer like I do!”, I’m really quite positive about the future, especially with some of the recent announcements. I’m just very much done with the gaslighting and the fairytales and with people judging and berating the forum staff over the littlest, pettiest of things.

Look man, I get what you are trying to say, but I think you are missing my point.

I am not saying to trust that some internet rando has got PFS figured out. I am saying that you declaring recoveries fake and fabricated does not help, at all, and is in fact detrimental to the mental health of many sufferers.

I can put faith in science and research AND gain hope from a recovery story that proves the symptoms I have can be reversed.

4 Likes

There’s no recovery for a severe case of PFS, full stop. Take any severe case in this forum, all of them have just lost their life and are living with their parents or alone. And the mild ones can live their life with some ED problems, there are lakhs of impotent men out there who never took fin, yet live their best life. U got ED, got recovered with something like tribulus, shared ur story, some other severe sufferer replicates it and gets injured and commits suicide, to break this chain, the recovery section got removed.

1 Like

Good god, how many times do I have to repeat myself. I am not endorsing any recovery protocol whatsoever. I am only saying that people do in fact recover.

Then stop this stupid discussion about recovery. Enough of quackery has happened in last 2 decades, now its time to get practical.

Ahahahahaah yeah, sure.

I think that’s the only real reason why the recovery section got removed. They want to protect other sufferer, because we still don’t have a treatment for our condition which is working for all.
But I read already some recovery stories, also outside of propeciahelp, which means that they exist, and also a study showed that for example the average time of recovery for ED is a bit more than 4 years.
And if someone think/say that this kind of people are just suffered from side effects but not real PFS sufferer, then I want to know what a “real” PFS sufferer is. We still don’t have a relevant definition about the differences of long term side effect sufferer and PFS sufferer. And if both are the same I wanna know why long term sufferer feel better or recover after some months/years and PFS sufferer need to live with this condition. That’s why I think that a recovery is always possible.

2 Likes

It’s a common mistake. I have read this study, and they just tell how many years people have been suffering with the symptoms.

I don’t understand FinDestroyedMe though, to talk and read people who have recovered is giving me a little hope or at least don’t make me commit suicide.
It is nonsense to compare everyone like this one has few symptoms, this one is only a « mild case », this one didn’t have PFS to begin with… I know we are not suffering from the same state, but it is pointless to put sufferers against each other.

Anyway, bring back the recovery section with the archives. Could help some people in many ways.

U must have heard about Hindu/Buddhist monks, they live asexual and still live happier than sexual people. Nothing to cry too much about a materialistic thing, afterall, the label already consisted about potential “sexual side effects” but nowhere it was written that “ur entire body and brain would disabled of it and u will be having to live with ur parents ur whole life”, now this is the matter of concern and a balant fraud by a corrupt company.

1 Like