Why the Androgen Receptor Theory is wrong

You forgot In a small percentage of men. You’re the one who keeps mentioning how rare it is.

I know from the beginning of this that I was supposed to brace myself for the possibility of this being a permanent situation I might be stuck in but once I heard about these studies being done I felt a little more hope that that wouldn’t be the case. Now, if we find out where our problems lie (I take this to mean the root cause) how is it possible that we do not know how to treat/cure it? I know, that may sound like I live in a fantasy world but if we find out what finasteride initially/primarily afflicted then isn’t it likely we would be able to know how to act on this to reverse these effects?

I’m positive it’s not the same as venom and anti-venom but what scenario(s) do we foresee holding us back? Or are there none in specific of particular concern? I understand it’s best to speak in even tones, allowing for all possibilities and setting up the possibility of the worst case scenario best prepares us all for the worst so–if necessary–it won’t be as difficult to handle, but in the end I’m guessing we don’t currently know how likely or unlikely this is because we don’t yet know the mechanisms behind PFS yet, right?

Im raising awareness. I do think peoples opinions count.

I dont like the theory. Ive given good reasons. Im not a scientist. It doesnt matter.

But other non-scientists have promoted this ‘theory’ by a mixture of blatant lies and half truths (including lying about test results) and kept test results secret for years and years (because they are inconvenient).

Some of those same people have organised actual research. So now I dont know how much of anything they write is true. Which is just another layer of shit that Ive got to deal with.

oscar, come out and say what you want to say… it seems like you want to drop little hints, just come out and say it if you want people to buy into this

I’m not aware of any lies, blatant or not. That’s a seriuos accusation. Provide an example.

Raising awareness toward what end? Nobody is blinding saying the androgen receptor theory is the holy grail of PFS…

Whats important is that this illness is being seriously looked into, and thats realistically all thats important… if it turns out to be false then we can look down other avenues. And along the way, maybe this research will uncover the true problem if it is not the theory being discussed here.

You’re not raising awareness but you can always pretend.

If you really want to raise awareness, get in touch with liability lawyers in the U.K. and file a lawsuit against MSD. The lawsuits will drive the research. Awor’s team isn’t the only team doing PFS research.

Some people think that if they just google enough they’ll have the answer, instead of leaving it to professionals. Which is just another layer of shit that Ive got to deal with.

“2. Based on the data, some form of 5AR insufficiency seems highly unlikely” viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5282&p=44242#p44242

poor oscar

much to do about nothing

This conflict of ideas is pointless and stupid. Any study on pfs no matter the theory behind it is welcome news.

This is far from a “blatant lie” as anyone here will tell you. This his opinion, incidently an opinion worth more than any of the rest of us due to all the work he’s done on this.

An opinion given in a post about experiment results to make a ‘theory’ seem more likely. Its the dictionary definition of a lie.

Who does this help exactly?

And its the cumulative effect of other lies and half truths whilst keeping real facts secret, that is worrying. Worrying to me anyway.

unless the administrators of this board have in fact been lying to us and keeping secrets, perhaps someone with the authority to do so should have a little chat with our friend of the never ending negative OPINIONS, and smack some sense into him … getting really tiresome … oscar, if you have any ACTUAL proof of what you are saying here, lets see it … put up or shut up

For how many yearss do you think its been known that neurosteroids are low? I dont consider it a good thing to not share that information here for such an extended peroid of time.

i dont know oscar, you tell us, for how many years has it been known?

Since before I joined this forum. But all we got was long discussions on ‘methylation’. I thought we where supposed to share?

Anyway, my rant on this subject is over for the moment.

Is there going to be a paper about the neurosteroid abnormalities?

From an ‘unoffical’ twitter account, but the most popular by far. Disinformation or fact?

twitter.com/RecallPropecia

Disinformation to what end? Those postings surprise you? The twitter feeds are based in fact. A causal link between PFS and Finasteride has been proven scientifically just through the projects that are known publically here, not to mention other things well along in the pipeline.

To what end? - What does it matter, good or bad? Either its true or it isnt.

The twitter feeds are based in fact. - There is a difference between fact, and simply repeating opinion over and over again because you want something to be true

I think you would agree a silenced androgen receptor is a pretty groundbreaking thing if discovered. Im afraid the guy making these tweets also doesnt care to wait for any actual discovery to take place. Or doesnt know if it has. Or care. Or understand either way. This is actually the biggest problem with the ‘androgen receptor theory’.