Why some pople get PFS/PSSD immediately?

There are people who develop PFS/PSSD immediately after a few doses, or after a pill of finstaride or SSRI. I always wonder what’s behind this? Is it possible that the methylation of genes can start practically immediately? One of the hypotheses about PSSD also cites the possible desensitization of the serotonin 5HT1-A receptors on an epigenetic basis, it is possible also this can occur almost immediately?

2 Likes

Yeah, thats a good question. I had symptoms while on pills, but they were ultra mild, almost hard to notice. 5 months later I started to lose my erections during sex for no reason, and then I realised pills are killing my genitals. But I still had libido and sensitivity. Then I stopped and 1 month later - full blown PSSD. Its weird.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feed.

I was wondering if some people who developed PSSD or PFS from a single dose often had previously taken other medications that can cause certain problems. For example I developed PSSD from a single dose of Citalopram, but years before for two weeks I had been taking finasteride with no apparent side effects, and also Amitriptyline a very serototinergic Tryciclic antidepressant. I knew about on the existence of PFS after stopping finasteride, but unfortunately I didn’t know PSSD otherwise I would never have taken Citalopram. I wonder how many people who developed PSSD or PFS from a single dose of SSRI or finasteride, had previously been exposed to strong and potentially dangerous drug treatments, such as SSRI before finasteride for example, or perhaps an heavy use of antibiotics during a lifetime, if there was already silent damage, or if it is possible to develop this disease by taking a single dose of these drugs.

Before escitalopram I was taking many things that may have been resultet in sexual dysfunction. Antidepressants 2x and steroids like deca durabolin, well known for “deca dick” effect. I guess noone knows whats the mechanism behind it and why it hits that random way. Hope we all get better soon.

Its hard to get you’re head around it sometimes, how 1 pill of a 1mg drug can cause so much damage. I took fin for 3 weeks in total before i noticed sides, then i stopped. I spoke to my doctor the following day and he said he’d never known someone suffer side effects so quickly. That makes me think the people who took for a matter of weeks can be placed in the category with the 1 pill group, my doctor made it seem that you should be able to tolerate months really before experiencing sides effects, not days & certainly not hours.

Ultimately who knows why this is the case for some people and not others. Its like you say about ‘silent damage’, maybe our bodies were teetering on the edge for some reason, and these drugs just tip them over it.

1 Like