Why so people say theres no Recovery?

I did read a few studies about pfs and there are a some, even from the pfs foundation itself that says the mean duration from people who suffer from persistant sexual Sides is 1300-1600 days. Here are 2 studies with 12000 and 5000 men with 1500 and 1300 days of mean duration. That means some recover faster, some slower, but the most recover. So why does evrybody say this never ends?https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5346286/

personal experience of some

Doesn’t mean they recovered. That was just a measure of how long they’d been suffering from PFS for at the time the Study was conducted.

7 Likes

It doesn’t mean that. @orthogs is correct, it refers to duration up to the point of the study. It’s why in the primary research they’re attending and being studied, after all.

1 Like

So is a Recovery possible or not ?

Whatever it’s perceived “everybody says”, which in my experience they do not, the condition is significantly variable in affected sites and severity. This is something abundantly clear from the over ten years of patient reports and reflected in primary scientific findings. The condition comprises a broad constellation of symptoms, the distribution and extent of which varies significantly between patients. More functionally affected patients have reported improvement over time with a few considering themselves back to normal, or found ways for therapeutic management of their personal situation, while others have not and experience markedly different responses and progression.

Additionally, the staff here are actively involved in the scientific effort and organise projects to drive progress towards a treatment, so there’s always a reason to keep hope wherever you choose to find it.

8 Likes

Of course it’s possible. We just don’t yet really understand the how or why as to why some people recover naturally and some don’t, so we have no way of saying how likely someone is to recover with their particular situation

1 Like

In the success story compilation I made, 4-5 years seems to be about the time it took most of them. Some did it faster, some took more time.

2 Likes

Bumping this…

I know they might be gone but Would love to here more from people who are 100% (Pre-Fin) Recovered.

Part of the problem is that people just stop posting here. I think it’s fair to say that this forum can be not much fun. People are in a stressful and or a depressing situation here and some find it difficult to see other people’s problems or to consider the aims of the forum.

We have had rudeness, petty squabbles and outright angry exchanges in the past. I think generally speaking it’s not as bad as it was but really we should all be pushing to not only help further our cause through whatever means we have at our disposal, with a view to getting out of this mess, but we should also be looking to help and support one another.

If we can cultivate a feeling of community and responsibility then we might find that people might stick around and be able to share those longer time frame experiences.

As is, the frequently combative exchanges here are likely to at least contribute to why we have so few active long term members.

3 Likes

Many people have recovered. Hundreds have documented their recovery.

1 Like

Im sorry to put this like this, but i dont believe in „many“ who recovered who didnt want to share their story…Even if 5 % have recovered, we would have seen some more „no scam“ recoveries everyday…
Thinking that way of Recovery is just a way to cope with this disease…The fact is, up until now almost no one would or had recovered, unless for a very, very very few…
Im not saying this as a way to give up hope, but in the contrary…If we want to recover, we have to do something about it…

2 Likes

I think that’s a very positive step to have taken. @silentpain89

I can understand the anger and frustration when People say that things either haven’t worked or they’ve made People worse or that the protocol that’s being spoken about has never worked.

People need hope, and I understand that. But, in the long term, false hope is hurting our chances of success. Every time someone chooses to say and do nothing because they heard the cure might be eating more spinach, or getting more sun, or we just need to get rid of parasites or whatever else, we prolong the agony.

There’s only no hope when we all stand back and do nothing.

Eventually, I think everyone will wake up from the idea that diet, exercise and supplements are the cure. At that point we need to make sure there is something to put their efforts into that will deliver a result.

1 Like

We are talking about “pfs” patients, not hypochondriacs with some mild symptoms. If this was so simple, why would “hundereds” of pfs patients commit suicide knowingly and unknowingly to this forum? Did they commit suicide just becoz they couldn’t get their dick up? U are giving false hope to someone who maybe at a very bad state. I was given this false hope too in the beginning, i haven’t improved even 2% since quitting and it’s almost a year now. Though i agree some people can respond to some hormonal treatment if they are lucky enough and some other people who recover is after a decade or two.