Why it seems celebrities don't develop any serious side effects?

I’ve been wondering since I have PSSD, about 7 years old. Thousands of people around the world are on SSRIs, and many celebrities had taken them even if I don’t believe for a long time , Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day, Marylin Manson, Jim Carrey, Mel Gibson and many others. I can’t imagine these people suffering from PSSD / PFS, I believe that in serious form it is impossible to hide. There are also many celebrities who take finasteride like Trump. However, I remember Heath Ledger and Robin Williams that I think they took finasteride and they killed each other. But by the law of large numbers there should be some of them suffering from persistent side effects from SSRIs or finasteride. In my opinion if they come out they would be very helpful.

2 Likes

Some probably do but it’s a stigma to talk about

Hopefully when our charity rolls out we can start blasting everyone who searched relevant keywords with ads and get some secret celebrity funds

6 Likes

Trump has insomnia and only sleeps 3 hours.

1 Like

I don’t think he has insomnia. A lot of people on that level sleep 3-4 hours a night and get back to work

Kobe Bryant was notorious for it

Although post-drug syndromes appear to be very rare, I dare say there would have been at least 1-2 of wealthy/notable people affected already. It’s important to remember though that

1. There is a high variability in symptoms experienced and severity of these syndromes. They may have only experienced a handful of very manageable symptoms.
  2. Sexual and physical conditions, and particularly one like PFS/PSSD which is not widely accepted yet, are extremely stigmatising.
  3. They may not even know what has happened to them.

The next phase of the PFSN strategy, after launch of our charity and upcoming studies, is to increase visibility and start breaking down the stigma of this disease. We’ve got 9 episodes of the podcast ready, along with a bunch of other content coming, and I’ve put aside some budget for digital marketing spend to make our community more visible. We hope that with that visibility, if an influencer or someone wealthy does get this disease (which is bound to happen eventually), they won’t feel as ashamed coming forward, and will know where to go when they do.

9 Likes