Why is merck and gsk not spending millions on pfs research?

How can the FDA approve all of these terrible drugs then do nothing to force these companies to study and fix the problems they created !?

They could be…but no reason to if it officially doesn’t exist and everything they have proven so far, such as melcangi just seems to be ignored…I dont think Merck knows anything more about it than anyone else does…

And from the looks of it this is going to continue regardless of what other studies say…Not enough money and awareness behind this rare problem…And if what is said here about all these other drugs and substances causing the same condition how could you just blame merck??

i think that these substances have all in common to cause persistent side effects. but the cognitive impairment you can get with pfs, is very rare. never heard of this for and of the other substances mentioned here. and this is the worst imo. because i cant even study like i should

Once we can prove the existence of the condition, things will improve. We are getting closer to this. Have you taken the survey yet?

Things are moving and progress is being made. Ask what you can do to be part of that, try to join in with something, don’t start your own independent project. We are a small group but if we stick together and work together we can achieve a lot.

1 Like

The FDA are as corrupt as Merck.

I have not recieved the survey or anything else…Unless Merck is investing in Epigenetics don’t see how they could help.

I would imagine it’s because there’d be no profit from it. If there was then every pharma company would be all over it. We hardly know for sure what the problem even is. Figuring that out alone would require a hefty investment, and then coming up with a treatment would probably be significantly more expensive. Then there’s the fact that only a few thousand people even have this disease - it is extremely rare. It’s certain that the research, manufacturing, marketing, etc. costs of a potential cure far outweigh the return on investment.

I don’t expect the markets to solve PFS. Capitalism isn’t equipped to handle conditions like ours. We should be more focused on convincing the CDC or FDA or whatever relevant federal agency we can to do something about this.