Why doctors don't know anything about this condition?

Lately, due to another pathology, I have been visiting various doctors. And when I mention this condition they know nothing, their ignorance about it is incredible. Some do not believe in this condition, others believe it but they think it’s something very simple and of little importance.

This is all incredible and disgusting, is it possible that this condition is so “rare” that it allows such ignorance?

2 Likes

Rare + Lack of reporting x embarrassment = no documentation.

It’s why people reporting their symptoms to their local medical regulator and filling our survey out and making podcasts, videos and a social media presence is such a focus for us.

The urologist I saw a couple of years ago had seen other pfs patients.

2 Likes

There are many factors that contribute to the lack of clinical awareness and education we face currently. This is a really good summation of those factors: https://www.propeciahelp.com/current-situation-is-dangerous/

1 Like

In Reddit PSSD community is growing more and more.
If they are able to reach 10k will serve more as a validation than this site (anything against propeciahelp)
that gives the sensation that is like an isolated cave
a good community on Reddit like PSSD people is doing is by far more visible and impacting to see

1 Like

For Dr David Healy, anyone who takes an SSRI develops some form of persistent sexual dysfunction. Some do not notice because they believe what their psychiatrist tells them, that sexual dysfunction is due to depression or advancing age even though they are 27 years old.

I don’t buy that.
In Reddit most users have one particular unique symptom, genital anesthesia.
That one is only present if you have pudendal nerve damage or similar. So is a unique feature of PSSD. They eventually must find out that was SSRI. Is quite specific symptom.

Having said that I’m quite surprised how different are PSSD users from Reddit and here.
They almost only complain about libido, etections and genital anesthesia.
Complains about cognitive or physical issues are scarce.

Is like 2 different worlds what i read here and there