Why do some people start to recover and not others

How come some people start to recover and some don’t. Im honestly curious. Ive been making a steady recovery after a year of sides but i see alot of people on here don’t. Is there different levels to this ? I wonder why it effects people differently .

Just my opinion but I think it has to do with genes. Some people have worse genes than others and maybe are malfunctioning more and cant reverse. I think epigentics probably could explain it if we knew more about it.

2 Likes

It’s like many others chronic diseases…some get better most don’t…
I have lost my sense of touch and smell and taste and those are basic things in the human brain…that’s why I’m 99% I’m irreversibly damaged.

I had loss of smell and taste also. That has come back tho. I honeslty thought I had parkinsons until I saw others had that symptom on here .

1 Like

Interesting…I really thought I was among only 10 who have this symptom…this really takes away any little joy you have in life (Not that I am an eater and fat, but still I would like to feel what an apple tastes like):…when did your senses come back? Was it gradual or over night thing?

I would say it has been a gradual return over the past year . According to Google I had parkisons because of the weird body senstations and tremmor and loss of smell lol. I was freaked out . I did not Coralate any of that with the fin until I came to this fourm and saw other people with similar experiences… And i understand that. I missed the smell of being in the woods and fresh cut grass. Couldn’t even smell coffee in the morning. It was crazy

Did those things happen overnight, quickly? Or you lost them slowly and realized later? Any details would be good.

I would say that it all happened at once after I crashed . Loss of smell, nerve pain, twitching , tremmors , insomnia , lowered labido , severe depression and anxiety, exercise intolerance,suicidal thoughts … My whole system was out of whack . I feel as though my symptoms were at an all time high around month 5 after that it has been a slow but sure recovery. As of now my labido isn’t were i want it and I have some depressed days . Thats about it. Idk if that is what you were looking for as an answer. But ill gladly answer anything

2 Likes

All 5 of my senses have worsened.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3500858/
Parkinson is a dophamin related disease.
You can read about the androgen and dophamin relation in the link.

I know all about it lol… i litterally thought I had it. Went to a neurologist and everything.