Why do opiates make me feel a libido?

I want to preface this by saying I’m not proud of my behaviour, nor condoning it. Unfortunately, in the ~3 years that I’ve had PFS, I’ve struggled with opiate addiction on and off.

The fact of the matter is that since getting PFS I’ve had zero libido practically all of the time. The only time I don’t is when I take light doses of opiates, which make me feel some sexuality.

I’ve tried things that increase dopamine like caber and prami, with zero change in my libido so that doesn’t seem to explain it.

Any idea why this is?

I’m fortunate I have it relatively under control, but it’s such a hard existence with PFS. I train boxing 4 times a week, lift weights 3 times, do intermittent fasting, eat clean, take amino acids, take probiotics, drink lots of water. On and on and on, but absolutely no improvement in my condition. I’ve always been prone to addiction, but this constant alienation and loneliness just makes me turn to this vice so much more.

3 Likes

Thanks for your honesty, this information is valuable. Does the libido come back only when feeling the opiate effects? or does it last for a period of time after the high?

you should tell what exact subtance you are taking since opioids are acting and different receptors. No one can give you a definite anwser though.

1 Like

This is a strange effect. I’ve noticed this too. Never mentioned it on the forum because this could easily lead someone down a path of no return.

A horrible band aid treatment.

I mean opioids shoot out enormous amount of receptors in your brain. Especially dopamine, i wouldn’t be so surprised by that.

I’ve noticed this too. Interesting, but obviously not a long term treatment

Ya I’d rather not get into specifics, again I’m not trying to condone.

It probably is just the dopamine. Just weird that something like Caber or Prami does nothing in that regard for me.