Who’s fault is it?

I blame a lot the people who drove me to take SSRIs, like the abusive relationship I was in that made me develop strong anxiety and have to see a psychiatrist. It breaks me to thing the power he had over me to the point I got literally damaged by drugs I took to deal with this bs.

But I also blame doctors, pharma, etc….

Who’s fault really is it? The people who drove me to take SSRIs, doctors, pharmaceuticals industry? I’m so traumatized. My life got destroyed at age 17, was only starting to learn about life when it basically ended.

2 Likes

It is forbidden to sell alcohol to youngsters under 18. On every cigarette package there are drastical warnings. Dangerous pills are prescribed and forced to kids. A 16 year old teen totally drunken stays alive the next evening. Alcohol is made for fun, psychopills for inocent kids are euthanasia

2 Likes

It’s real hard to pinpoint one perpetrator.

In reality it’s many people or instances to blame. Everyone from ourself, to society as a whole.

But blame isn’t really productive so it’s better to spend time spreading awareness and try to work on getting relief of symptoms.

6 Likes

And psychodrugs for children under 18 years have to be forbidden. They need therapeutical support, someone l who listen and help, a therapeutical clinic without drugs and not a chemical lobotomy. Therefore we need fighters like Prof Healy who bring the problems to the European union and international organisations.

4 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having such a bad time. I think most people here will question how they got here and the different factors involved and feel similar things.

I’ve seen some people become consumed with resentment and anger. I can understand it. I’ve seen people attempt to manipulate others by appealing to that anger too.

I think that the truth is that focusing on those feelings is unlikely to help you, and I think there’s a good chance that attempting to find a villain to focus on might make you feel more of a victim than you need to.

The most likely truth is that nobody wanted this to happen to you and nobody ever thought it would happen to you. But, it took me a while to get to that stage. I have had lots of very bad thoughts.

What can you do with your anger? Get rid of it. And do it before you dedicate your life to it.

With time, things can get better, but before they do, you will have to live through this. Pfs has been by far the worst thing to ever happen to me and I recognise that. I struggle a lot with everything it has touched. It has significantly reduced my quality of life. I am not the worst affected and recognise those who have it worse and their greater struggle to get through the day and keep going. I’m not trying to take anything away from anyone or say what they should do, but if you want to be angry forever, I think you will have a worse time than if you try to direct your energy elsewhere.

There are few things we can control, but attitude is one of them. The way this condition (and PFS is PSSD is PAS) takes things away is undisputed but what we are left with is only nothing if we want it to be. Some cod-philosophy that I try to think of is to Define yourself by what you can do, not what you can’t. Don’t waste energy on things out of your control. Forget about the people who didn’t care for you. Reach out if you need help.

2 Likes

Great words @Greek the drop in neurosteroids is a big player and gives hatred the legs. Re directing it elsewhere is key I’ve been gripped by it many times and have seen it displayed in some of my posts.and actions On reflection these have only hurt me and sometimes those around me. I try to quell them and do other things such as trying to help others and by consciously beng more selfless. As a minimum I can hold my head a little bit higher by bringing something to people’s lives . I’d recommend this as a coping strategy to everyone on here. When I lost my mother a decade ago I found it hard to cope with the loss. Obviously and unknowingly pfs was at play but I came across a book by chance “opening heavens door” by Patricia Pearson… it brought comfort to me. To this day I regularly pick it up and read a few passages as it has calming effects, I feel closer to God, find peace and it contexts pfs within me. I’d suggest this book to everyone that’s in the grips of this disease.

2 Likes