Where Is Good To Perform A Cheap/Supervised Water Fast?

Hi guys,

I’ve barely posted on this forum since joining back in 2012 when I first got hit with PFS when I was 18. This is largely because I felt at the time I could get all the info I needed just by reading the thousands of post’s in order to patchwork together some kind of solid understanding of the condition; potential treatment ideas and also largely just to wallow in pity whilst feeling part of some kind of cyber group of the loneliest people in the world- cast aside by Merck’s Capitalist greed, although not for a second am I making this some sort of spiel about Marx.

Mostly I came here to read the guy’s posts who were having freak outs, so that I could see the thoughts in my own head written in text by other people.

Anyway I have managed to navigate university since acquiring PFS, a relatively prestigious one at that here in the UK. At times it was pretty horrible though as I felt much slower than my peers in seminars and what have you. Things like brain fog, a genuine pressure in my head that give or take I have had for the duration of my PFS which I rarely see anyone else talk about (also i realise these 2 are similar if not the same), slurred speech, loss of train of thought etc etc so basically all of the things that would have aided my time at uni failed me in some way. Not to mention the lack of interest in sex, weird penis and genuine depression all meant these years weren’t what they might have been.

Now however I finally have reached a stage in my life where I could potentially go all out on my health as I don’t have a job lined up yet.

The purpose of this post is to ask where in the world is good to go for a extended water fast??? As of all the things I have read on here, the water fast- though extreme and very difficult- always seems to be a winner with mental conditions and I hope it might aid in ending this 3 and a half year fucking headache I’ve had. I’m not even joking when I write that, its literally been a headache this whole time yet I can’t complain about it because it is always there. In a strange way you get used to living with something, even when that something is a continual pain in your brain.

I’m aware of the water fast places in the US, but they also seem very pricey. Bare in mind I’m 22, just finished uni and want to get my health sorted before I try and take on the world as an adult with a proper job etc. My parents would support me to an extent if I went on a water fast, although it would need me reminding them that I’m not ok (and thus bring up what is to them no doubt painful things to hear) about my PFS, considering I generally try and seem normal, as I’m sure all of us do- all of the time.

I live in the UK, but if you have read this, suggest anywhere you’d recommend in the world as essentially nothing matters at all compared to this, to me anyway. Also anyone who’s actually gone to stay somewhere, let me know. Furthermore, and this is a bit maverick maybe, but has anyone just gone somewhere isolated and done it themselves? I managed to go maybe 2 days or something and stopped, mostly because obviously loved ones are gonna worry when you stop eating.

Thanks x x x

Mate, I did 14 day water fast alone at home. I’ve done several weekend fasts as well… and yup, they fix the mental problems a lot, especially long ones do. You might need some understanding people who you live with though. And it’s preferable you use filtered water (so somehow filter the tap water etc, or use even regular bottled water from stores for the lack of things). It’s a good idea to empty the colon from all the stuff BEFORE fast, if you catch my drift (diuretic or enema). I always start it at Friday after work with shop 100% juice concentrates, then move on the water at Saturday morning. DON’T do coffees etc while in fast, it’s just plain harsh and stressful to experience.

You know, I did detox like HELL in the long one. I had that boil/rash all over my torso for long ass time. So yeah, prepare for fatigue, prepare for lot of detox. You NEED to lie down when you feel fatigued, you understand when you do it yourself, for some reason lying down and doing nothing at all recovers you when in fatigue (not an easy task for the adhd cellphone generation lol). You MUST drink water whenever you start to feel like shit and your heart palpilations slowly creep in, it means detox is on. You drink a LOT of water and the amounts make you believe you’ll burst but it’s actually required. IMO my experience is that even if I manage to go for awhile without drinking water, it’s not a good sign as I think my body stops detoxing out of necessity and then it starts again when it gets water again.

So basically, yes you can do it at home, alone. Everybody has disclaimers on fasting about doing under supervision but if you feel like you can call an ambulance in a bad situation, then just see it yourself. You’ve done it once, you’ve gone through detox, then you should be able to tell a bad situation from regular detox during fast. Disclaimer, I don’t recommend this, i’m not your doctor, i’m not your mom, etc… you’re going to DIE, lol… but pay attention, just hypothetically speaking if you’re thinking of doing it, that if your poops change and doesn’t seem to return to normal good fashion, this is something that happens to me and I’m not totally sure why, haven’t read about that anywhere.

allaboutfasting.com/water-fasting.html
for all your solo-fasting questions.

xxxx

thanks for the reply i really appreciate it. My main qualm with the idea of fasting at home is that its inevitably going to be extremely hard due to the fact that my mum will make food every night. so the smell will obviously be tempting, plus the fact that she will be like ‘just have a little bit’. I know this makes me sound non committed but really it is very hard to stop doing something so usual like eating. realistically my parents will think I’m fucked for the pure fact that I’m fasting, as opposed to thinking I’m taking a positive step on the road to being normal.

saying that, I take your words on board all the same. what sort of mental sides did you have and to what extent were they improved from the fasting? Because I still suffer somewhat from poor memory (word recalling), minor stumbling over words etc

thanks x

anyone? any other views?

@pursuit_of_happiness hello did the water fasting help you.

I only managed a week so I don’t feel as though I did it long enough to gain the sort of clarity longer fasts are touted to provide

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @pursuit_of_happiness

No worries, I hope you are doing ok

I feel better when fasting. Somehow i feel my dry body get hydrated when i stop eating, especially my brain. However, I did a 10 day and a 7 day water fast and i would not recommend doing it that long honestly. Losing muscle is not good in our case because it is hard to get it back because of pfs. Now and then i do a fast with only vegetables(mainly raw green beans) and the results are better than water only. If you want to do a fast do research on valter longo and his fasting mimicking diet, he is the top researcher regarding fasting. It is a 5 day fast where you can eat vegetables and healthy fats (nuts and Olive oil) hence excluding protein and glucose increasing foods

1 Like