Where do I go from here

Brother, keep on fighting! That’s the only way out of this.

Focus on finding a solution, how hard that may be.

What did you try to get better so far?

1 Like

You name it but everything burns me after a day or two supps, diet, fasting, exercise, mediation, mindfulness. I’m continuing to deteriorate lose weight, strength, collagen, muscle, brain function, gum tissue it hasn’t plateaud.and my sensitivities have increased to a ridiculous level.

Did you go to an endocrinologist yet and have your blood taken and/or other tests?

1 Like

I’ve been through two endocrinologists! testosterone was low but recovered after a few months with no improvement in any symptoms. I’ve had ED for a decade. My receptors are broken. All other bloods were normal

Have you tried corticosteroids: hydrocortisone etc they’ve helped some people? You seem a good bloke lazarus, don’t give in mate.

3 Likes

Yeh they made me extremely irritable. Thanks mate

PFS is like cancer in a way. There’re many facets to it and it comes in many different forms with similar symptoms, it’s not universal. Sort of an umbrella for different disorders and finesteride is sort of a trigger. The diagnosis part is the hardest and treatments are mostly individual/tailored.

There’re, however, some commonalities to consider:

• Hormones’ ratio (T; E2; DHT; TSH; Cortisol; DHEA, HGH, etc.).
  • Hidden inflammation (infection; gut; allergies; toxins, etc.).
  • Deficiencies: vitamins; minerals; fats; carbs; protein; daily calories, etc.
  • Sleep problems
  • Stress.

There could be other variables involved. Wish I could be more helpful. Stay strong Man.

1 Like

This is just so heartbreaking. Heartbreaking if we had emotions. You are a true warrior mate when you got this far allready. I also took fin for long, 11 years. And have been into pfs for 2,5 years now. On top of that I took AI for a month with megadose and crashed severely from that also. Yes, every day is a new nightmare. A struggle to try to manage to the next day. I know exactly what you mean by telling that you have come to an end and this cant be tolerated anymore. I think about giving up also every day. Still I have managed somehow to go on for 2,5 years. We cant give up now, we have to fight still? I’ll be here to fight along you. Do you have gut symptoms?

I found this interesting site a while ago. Read some of the program here that might give some new point of views or ideas what to do and where to head next.

2 Likes

Hey Ryan . You brought me some encouragement not too long ago . You helped me out in a time when I was feeling bad and I appreciated that.
It’s easy to remember the happiness we once had in times gone by and it’s even easier to feel that we will never feel that way again .
One thing I have learned is that we cannot predict the future , there may be something round the corner that is a breakthrough for you in one way or another and you don’t realize it yet . To end your life before getting that breakthrough or even before you partake in the journey to it - would be a real tragedy . A tragedy worse than suffering with PFS for 3 years , worse than suffering with it for 4 years , 5 years etc or any amount of time .

3 Likes

Thanks mate yes I’ve got gut problems too. I’ll look into the link. Sorry that your in a bad way too

Did you try proviron, HCG, clomid, nolvadex?

1 Like

I haven’t but I know my receptors are broken due to how my body reacts to everything thanks though

I would still recommend you to think about trying these things though. Read up about it. Don’t give up brother.

1 Like

Actually I’ve tried hcg took it years ago and it was great even though I had PFS to a much lesser degree unknowingly. Tried it again 18 months ago and it blew me apart. Appreciate the advice and positive words though Das as I do from everyone on here. Cheers mate

Hi Lazarus

I have all the same Symptomes 10 Years the Hell and nothing get better
i take this shit 14 Years than crash…10Years Quit this drug and i am a Wrack…

1 Like

Have you had your estrogen checked? Most doctors don’t check men. Skinny guys even less. I believe fin screwed up my estrogen as mine was very low in the teens and it took 5 years and many many doctors for one to even think of checking. If you go google low estrogen in men, you have all the classic symptoms. Muscle waisting, severe depression, bone loss, it can cause extreme sweating at night. Mental fog. I bet bright light hurt your eyes … it did mine and I had weird eye issues. I doubt you sleep well. Your penis probably smaller than normal and doesn’t hang low. Low estrogen will usually strip the water from your body so you will constantly pee. (High estrogen does the opposite) It can also cause hot flashes like the sweating at night but most guys would be sensitive to the cold During the day. A lot of guys with low e2 have joints that make popping noises when they stand or squat. Low e2 is a feeling of lifelessness, lack of joy and suicidal thoughts. I mean these are classic classic symptoms. I’ve posted about this on here many times.

3 Likes

I think there’s something fucked with the estrogen too. I notice that most of the rough symptoms I have …are exactly what menopausal women are having too (where their estrogen levels are plummeting ) insomnia , tinnitus , dry skin, moods , constant pissing is all from something to do with the estrogen . In some ways I would ‘guess’ that Aromatose inhibitors must make PFS symptoms exponentially worse!! But then again I have never tried them for myself

I tried to reply the above comment to you but it doesn’t seem to have attached properly… but what if estrogen levels are in a good range for a man , could it be the processing of estrogen at the receptors is messed up from finasteride?

@Cornwellsb I agree but anything with estrogen in it destroys me too. My receptors are either too sensitive or fucked. My estrogen came in within range when checked on 3 seperate occasions

Make sure the test was the ultra sensitive test as the normal one is not accurate in men. I get Wildly different results. Testosterone fixed me but I had to have a protocol where I inject daily or every other day to keep everything stable. I couldn’t use HCG because it messed with my estrogen too much. I had to start testosterone in my 30s

1 Like