What's up with young vs. older folks?

Have you guys heard about people in their 50s getting PFS?
I have not. Note that I would bet in that group the usage of DHT/or 5-alpha-red blockers are more common, for prostate “health”.
My dad has been taking proscrar since his mid 50s, he grew some of his hair back but that is not why he took it (he wasn’t aware of the connection).
He took proscrar, Duta, you name it, and I asked him several times: ANY side effects? He said none.

But this is one example. I am just wondering what the theory is regarding this affecting the younger folks. People in their 50s have dicks, have libido, some have libido as high as in their 20s-30s, they do get insomnia, they do get depression, so they are not immune to any of the sx. Yet, no PFS for them?

I was a CPPS suffered, and the evidence is that CPPS happened early age (20s-30s) and went away early to mid 50s. I am probably oversimplifying here…

1 Like

Yep. There are older men that have gotten PFS, although it definitely seems a lot more common in younger men.

I don’t recall the reason for this off the top of my head but I’m pretty sure it’s talked about in the literature review that axolotl has written.

1 Like

Young men are more adaptable, for better or for worse.

Me killed the man-eater evils Merck other drug proscar at the end of my fifties. As a best ager. Made a felt thirty old guy a 90 yo zombie. Some others here got PFS from finasteride against BPH like @JimWildman my old fellow.

Merck fucks only some sexual still active elderly men. We are a minority in a minority.

Super rare loosers. .

2 Likes

I got it at 53 but mine is kind of a unique situation. I think it affects younger folks because going bald young is traumatic so it seems worth any risk to reverse it, especially when you can’t possibly envision the risk. And confirmation bias. There’s just way fewer middle agers messing with the stuff.

2 Likes

@numbduck
I am a few months short of 67 and developed PFS due to Proscar. There are only a few of us here from that version, and I tagged you in a previous discussion we’ve had on this debate.
The ratio of young vs old here is probably 1000:1 total . Active posters, maybe 25:1.
Jim

2 Likes