What kind of doctor should I see?

I’d like to talk to a doctor about my symptoms (low libido, anxiety, ED, brain fog), so what type of doctor would you recommend I meet with? Seems like either a Endocrinologist, Urologist or Neuroendocrinologist are the most common types of doctors people have been visiting.

I have met several doctors, but only two doctors listened to my story seriously. But even they didn’t know anything about post finasteride syndrome.

Go to one of the pfs docs listed on the foundations website.

1 Like

There’s none that are actual doctors in San Diego, only bull shit therapists

I believe that this guy is one of the more highly regarded doctors in the field and he’s in San Diego.

This is not an endorsement. Fortunately, searching the forum will yield lots of experiences with him, so you can make a slightly more informed decision.

1 Like

Try to find a decent endocrinologist and urologist who believes in this syndrome.

1 Like

I suggest Dr Alan Jacobs or Dr Michael Irwig. Look under Resources in the PFS Foundation website.

I have heard good things about Dr. Irwig and he is one of the original PFS doctors to describe this condition in medical journals.

One of my few decent doctor-patient experiences was with Dr. Eugene Shippen (endocrinologist), but he appears to no longer be taking patients.

1 Like

I’ve seen Alan Jacobs since 2012–he is better than any other doctor I have seen, and lucky is not far from me, but he does do Skype/FaceTime/GoogleDuo for people all over the country and world.

But has he helped you recover? If you’re still here?

I haven’t seen Irwig but he is a big researcher into PFS–just got another study published–and is recommended by the PFS Foundation.

I see Dr Jacobs.