What keeps your hope alive?

it cannot be lived without hope. life ends where hope ends. what is the hope that keeps you alive? what keeps you from suicide?

2 Likes

Hey @yedek1,

I am sorry to hear that you’re having such a tough time. For me it comes and goes. I’ve written about this many times on here but the story I think is most relevant is to tell you that early on I had a breakthrough period where for whatever reason, everything returned to normal.
A while after that, my symptoms returned. Since then I have had a number of these improvements and often a lessening in severity of my symptoms occurred afterwards.

I assure you both that I have experienced the majority of the symptoms that people here talk about most regularly. I vividly remember the intense feeling of depression I experienced, mercifully for just a short time. I feel depressed often, but nothing like the powerful depression I experienced early on.

The reason I tell you these things is firstly to say that I believe it is possible to get better. Secondly, that I might know how you’re feeling. Thirdly, people here talk frequently about their condition being permanent. I don’t feel that is automatically the case. You should try to take comfort that I believe, having experienced a complete reversal of symptoms that when we have worked out what’s going on, the correct medication will deliver an almost instantaneous restoration. It sounds like nonsense, I know.

I should say that I haven’t taken any special supplements or eaten a crazy diet to facilitate either my significant temporary improvements or my more gradual, more subtle improvements.

I think most will get better with time.

9 Likes