What keeps you going?

She was so cute and loved you. You gave her the best life you could’ve ever given her. Not many kitties get a life like that.

I moved away from my dogs, and I have a kitty right now. I never thought I’d be a cat person, but she gives me so much to live for. I love waking up to her claw tapping at my nose so I can give her pets.

I also think healing is possible. I get glimpses of it every now and then. Sometimes it’s when I take supplements, other times it’s random. People have recovered on here.

And finally, I’m hanging on because a huge part of my soul simply wants to experience the moment I know I’m healed. I want to feel that moment so bad, and laugh and celebrate.

“Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.” A cheesy quote by Tyrion Lannister, but it’s true!

4 Likes

Damn straight! She lived it up to the end. I’ve had other cats in my life but this one was the one. People talk about cats generally being impersonable and independent, but I think it depends on the cat and how much attention you give them.

Yes; and rest assured, the miraculous cure will come the day after you end your life if you choose to do so. At least that’s how it plays out for me in my predictions.

3 Likes

Feel you man, it gets pretty damn hard sometimes but this past year I’ve been hanging out with friends and family a lot more - super grateful for them. My mood has improved drastically since I started burying myself in my hobbies. Surfing every week helped ground me for awhile. I started rock climbing with some buddies and the feeling that you might fall really gets the adrenaline going. Climbing motivated me to get stronger so my passion for lifting (after 2 years of quitting from joint pain) has been rekindled.

I still have my sides like low libido but like some others have said, thats not the most important thing. If you’re happy you’re happy right?

A little cheesy but one quote I always think of is from Netflix’s Daredevil when matt murdock says to a kid who just got put in a wheel chair “No one can give you your life back, you have to take it back”

Good luck bro keep fighting!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Dubya_B this was really uplifting. It reminds me that we are human beings with lives that go beyond discussions about symptoms and protocols.

what a beaut

1 Like

I have 3 children which I consider as an extension of myself. that’s what’s keep me going. dying is just not an option.

After I crashed, in the following month and a half, I was pretty much disabled. My friend told me: ‘’ Use it or lose it’’. Since then, I used it to fuel mild anger toward this disease, which I used to motivate me to do the ketogenic / carnivore diet, the exercise, the research on supplements while continuing to work.

Meanwhile, I just accept it as the cards that life has dealt me. Now I try and play the best game with the cards I have.

2 Likes

Living means we can enact change in the world. If we are dead, we lose any potential to make things better for both ourselves as well as others and the world at large. We, in this group, at this particular point in time, have an abundance of potential for improvement, both for ourselves as individuals as well as for the world.

Why?
Because we are the few, the precious few who understand this condition. We hold wisdom which, if we act correctly and carefully, have the potential to improve the lives of thousands, if not tens of thousands. We know how to show compassion to others who are afflicted by this. We are there when Doctors and other people of authority and expertise in the medical field dismiss our condition as being psychosomatic.

What power we have! We can maybe solve this issue. Think of it! Think of the benefits to the thousands of sufferers as well as the thousands who will suffer in the future.

To end your life prematurely is an act of extreme selfishness, as you as an individual have the potential to give so much. You are irreplaceable, ESPECIALLY considering you are a member of this community which holds such power to enact change and improve things for the voiceless sufferers.

2 Likes

@Ozeph Could not have said it better myself.

I’ve got a younger sister that has rheumatoid arthritis. She is in pain a lot and it has totally changed her life. Because of her condition, her marriage fell apart. I told her just recently, your life sucks no doubt. But, it’s all you’ve got at this point. Make the best out of what you’ve got and get on with it.

We all agree that we hate what has happened to us. Life goes on. I’m thankful for the good days, I make the best out of the bad ones. I refuse to get on here and be negative and cause more depression. I’m trying to keep a positive mindset that’ll encourage others on here that may be on the brink of suicide. I agree with @Dubya_B, they may figure this thing out tomorrow. In the mean time, I will share what has helped me in hopes that it’ll help some of you as well.

4 Likes

Its weird because if you get magically cured over night, you would be happy and your quality of life would improve for sure. But you will adapt to this normal state very quickly. I want to have a normal sex life and be able to enjoy that, I dont have many mental sides like brainfog etc. only emotional blunting.

Hopleless 94 …Do you said that you don’t have mental side?.. That is what you think, I am telling you because it happened to me too.
First was only sleeping problems, then weak erections, then libido, then Total impotent, penis insensitivity… and one day the mental side took toll on me…Panic attacks, anxiety, depression, anhedonia ( No joy, No life ), suicidal though, no able to sleep at all without sleeping pill…
It is like a decease that progress with different stages…
Then over the time the curve start to going up, better sleep, anxiety and depression get better, erection better, more penis sensitivity and so on.

The mental sides for me were never bad either. I didn’t even notice the brain fog until just the last year or two. Other than that, no anxiety, no trouble sleeping, maybe a little blunting, and that’s it.