What is your IGF-1 levels? We might be low

Hello, i realized we might have low igf-1 and GH levels. Mine are: 170 at the age of 19 (lowest end on my lab reference!)
212 at the age of 21. (Normal-ish)

Don’t get fooled by lab references, they are all wrong to check your deficiency. What you need is to check out the MEAN, average levels of hormones in healthy people. Here are some studies and charts, by age.

One more thing, i want to ask whether having PFS or PAS can lower the IGF-1 levels permanently? In Awor’s and Mew’s publication of 5AR theory, they claim it lowers LH and T. So is there any correlation between low LH and GH/IGF-1??

This is really important guys. Please share and test your igf-1.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/86/12/5870/2849397

Guys please report your levels. We need a current thread like this.

There are IGF-1 levels posted all over this forum from the years when hormone levels were a central focus.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=IGF

You would have to do a little digging to compile them all into one post, but nothing is stopping it from being done.

Just FYI, there appears to be a trend of normal to high IGF-1 levels among PFS patients, going by the first few “post your IGF-1 and GH levels” topics that I browsed.

1 Like

Yeah i actually opened this thread because of those separated threads. @Dubya_B Do you know any relation between PAS and igf-1 levels?

We know that Accutane lowers these hormones but those levels become normal after cessation. I only took 3 doses and developed mild PAS. Do you know is there a relation between low LH and igf1?

Is there any chance that Accutane (PAS) lowered our Igf-1 and GH permanently even on small doses? Much thanks. (btw, what was your levels when you were young?)

It’s doubtful that’s the problem. IGF-1 was tested by many PAS patients when All-Things Male (Dr Crisler’s old forum) hosted the Accutane sub-forum and nothing suggestive of low IGF-1 was found. Another conflation between PAS and effects while on the drug. It was worth at least ruling out something so easy to test

My level was on the higher end personally (IGF-1, ECL - 333 range: 88-374) at ~30 years old.

My somatostatin (GH-inhibiting hormone) was slightly low (181, range 182-780ng/dl) on one test when I was ~20 years old.

1 Like