What happens with androgen receptors when you have the flu?

I’m wondering if many of my symptoms are due to a combination of taking finasteride and coming down with a cold or flu at approximately the same time.

Flu has nothing to do. Finasteride is poison by itsekf

There are people on this board who claim their symptoms change while being sick.

Also, I think I have one of the most unusual symptom patterns. Within 2 hours of taking finasteride, I had the following side-effects:

• No libido
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Huge headache
  • Brain Fog
  • Massive hair shed
  • Breast pain (Beginnings of gyno)
  • Ball Ache

Upon quitting, I had the following new symptoms:

• Night sweat
  • Hot flushes
  • Insomnia
  • Itchy scalp

It’s been 3 weeks since I took my last finasteride pill, and my symptoms are all over the place. I’m trying to figure out whether I have PFS or whether having the flu influenced some of my sides.

When yo have the flu, histamine is released, but I forget what exactly it does

Give a bit more time. Hormones take time to stabilize. Hope u get better

Thanks. It’s just worrying how it’s been 3 weeks and I still haven’t recovered.

I do know my scalp itches less and my hair isn’t shedding as much. I can also sleep better now (5 hours vs 2-3 hours a week ago).
I just hope I can get back to normal.

This is the cumulative list of symptoms I’ve had and have:

• No libido (20-30% recovered)
  • Erectile Dysfunction (100% recovered. I can maintain my full-sized boners, but I just have no desire to have sex)
  • Huge headache (100% recovered. Let’s hope it stays that way)
  • Brain Fog (60-70% recovered. I still think I have a bit of a memory issue)
  • Massive hair shed (50-60% recovered. Still shedding more than pre-fin)
  • Breast pain (Beginnings of gyno) (100% recovered. Hope I don’t develop gyno)
  • Ball Ache (70-80% recovered. Still feel something every now and then)
  • Night sweat (100% recovered)
  • Hot flushes (100% recovered)
  • Insomnia (50% recovered. I went from 2 hours to 5 hours.)
  • Itchy scalp (50% recovered. Still itching more than pre-fin)

Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone on this board who had so many problems with just 1 pill and then had some recoveries in just 2 weeks. I’m highly suspecting my being sick influenced my symptoms.

Also, my hair shed also affects the back and sides, which are DHT-resistant. How the hell does that happen?

My dick no longer looks shriveled up when flaccid.

I pray to God I recover. I’m such an idiot for taking this poison.

Hey man.

I’ve noticed you have been posting many worried threads in the past week (over 10). It’s only been 3 weeks for you since quitting FIN. Others have been dealing with this for years, give yourself time to heal without thinking about it. I don’t mean this in any offense, but for the community, please limit your thread postings. And I know I’m just a guy on the internet, but word of advice: Stop worrying so much, posting and reading this forum, and just carry on with your life best as your can and do monthly checkpoints where you are at in recovery.

@Fxckfin

I know I should stop worrying, but that is easier said than done because of this stupid scalp itch that keeps reminding me about my situation.

Buddy, I also deal with itchy scalp and number of others symptoms that reminds me about my situation, along with others on this forum. However, I am not posting 10 new threads weekly on here about my concerns. Do diligent research, eat a healthy diet, exercise, meditate and live on. I promise you worrying so much will drive you mad.

I’ll take a 1-week break from the forums.
Also, did your itchy scalp ever improve?

Not saying take a week off and on. Just balance out the amount of (concerned) thread posts, and not worry as much .

Yes, my itching did improve. Time is your bestfriend. Let things unfold, and asses where you are in 3 months. DO NOT, take supplements or anything like that for at least 3-5 months. Let time do it’s work for now.

Just took a shower and my hands actually turned a bit wrinkly.
I think that means there’s less sebum buildup on my skin.

It has now been 2 consecutive days where I didn’t feel ball ache!